E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

My luck seem to be getting worse :(

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 04:20 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Late 2005 M5 in Silverstone Metallic II with Full Black Leather Interior. SMG, LOGIC7, Heated Front Seats, Rear Electric Sun Blind, Comms Package, Professional Nav, TV Function, Extended Voice Control, Adaptive Headlights

Well this Monday was one of the worst and most terrifying days of my life. I was on the way to Wales, and as i was going down the M4, (interstate for you US'ers!), i had a bit of an accident in my temporary company car. As some of you UK'ers may know, it was absolutely pissing it down on Monday morning, and had been all night as far as i was aware.

Anyway... I was heading down the M4 at around 6:00a.m. I had been in the left lane, but i changed to the far right lane as there were a few artic trucks making some serious spray and i couldn't see a thing! I passed the artics, and then stayed in the right lane, as there was a van and a few cars in the middle lane for no reason (they weren't overtaking anyone). As i was about to pass the van, the car in front of him drifted into the lane i was in. I was travelling at 80mph, and the car that drifted into my lane couldn't have been doing more than 50 or 60mph. I had to slam the brakes on so i didnt hit him/her up the arse end. However, as i applied the brakes, my car was aqua planing quite severly and the back end came out to the left. My car then slid sideways and went careering head on into the central reservation. The car then spun 90 degrees to the right and the rear left corner hit into the reservation too. When that happened, the car was rebounded off the reservation and did between 5 and 9 360 degree spins across all 3 lanes before coming to a stop half in the hard shoulder and half in the left lane. I narrowly missed all cars on the motorway, and a truck missed me by about 3 or 4 feet.

I clambered over the centre console and got out of the passenger front door, and blacked out on the carriage way for a fair few minutes, as by the time i regained consciousness, i was wet through. I called the police and the ambulance, and was taken to Frenchay Hospital in Bristol where they kept me in for around 4 hours doing tests and treating me for my injuries. Amazingly, i have only suffered severe whiplash, and a few grazes and cuts. I'm currently taking Co-Codamol, Codeine, Voltarol and Liquid Morphine for the pain and swelling. Should be ok in a couple of weeks hopefully.

Here are some pics... Just so grateful i'm not seriously hurt and that no one else was caught up in the crash. However, i am so pissed off at the driver that drifted out in front of me, and then drove off. No one stopped to help whatsoever! Also glad it wasn't my M5.

Old 01-21-2009, 04:21 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Late 2005 M5 in Silverstone Metallic II with Full Black Leather Interior. SMG, LOGIC7, Heated Front Seats, Rear Electric Sun Blind, Comms Package, Professional Nav, TV Function, Extended Voice Control, Adaptive Headlights

Some more pics

Oh, and look what didn't come out in the crash...

Any of the airbags!
Old 01-21-2009, 04:23 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

wow..as stated on fb...glad you walked away and hope you feel better....(and at least it wasn't the M)

Old 01-21-2009, 04:25 PM
Contributors

Sorry to hear about the accident, whiplash, cuts and bruises. I hope you feel better! I can't believe the van didn't stop.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:28 PM
Senior Members

Thanks guys.

dbae1978, I can't believe the driver didn't stop either. Or anyone else.

Gene, thank you for the kind words on FB too bud. Appreciate it.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Alpine White on Black interior, Sport and Premium Package, Steptronic, Navigation, Xenon Adaptive Headlights, Mtec V2.1 angel eyes,Hoen Fog Lights, Full M-Tech kit, ACS pedals, LED plate lights, CF Steering Wheel badge, CF Titanium trim, OE

glad to hear you're ok!
Old 01-21-2009, 04:30 PM
Senior Members

Thanks bro
Old 01-21-2009, 04:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '07 550i with SP, Nav, Logic7

I'm sorry to hear that you got into an accident, sounds terrifying.

Wishing you a full recovery!

By the way, shouldn't you be resting instead of whoring e60 forums ?
Old 01-21-2009, 04:31 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Jon, your luck is going downhill! But the good news is no major injuries for you. The car, not so fortunate...

I was flying out of Heathrow Monday midday back to the states and it had rained all night and into the day Monday, at least in London. Get your rest and you'll back on your feet in no time!
Old 01-21-2009, 04:32 PM
Senior Members

Thanks. It certainly was terrifying. Don't think i've ever been so scared in my life. Ah well. I'm still here, that's what counts!!

kscarrol - Tell me about it! Don't think things can get any worse!! Hopefully that's it now. Touch wood!! Thanks for the kind words.

Quick Reply: My luck seem to be getting worse :(