E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

My love affair

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 04:20 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)
Wink

I'm sitting inside a starbucks right now and eyeing my german model wife - the alpine white beauty, that is restfully parked right outside the window. I'm looking at her and I can't help but feel mesmerised by her beauty: perfect body, gorgeous face; the waist line, even the shoes - she's perfect. And as I'm sitting here marvelling at myself for having attained such a fine automotive specimen all to myself, thinking "how did a kid who grew up in the streets of Russia's "criminal capital" ever manage to get this lucky!"; I can't help but think of this girl I'm friends with. You see, this girl is a supermodel, and each time you hit the scene in company of a six foot one brunette with a perfect body and eyes most men would give their lives to see smile, you'll notice two things: you will see that every guy will stare at her in awe and stare you down in blind fury. You see, that's what I feel like, when I take my e60 out. When people say "BMW drivers are assholes", or when other BMW drivers complain that they are hated, I can't help but draw a parallel. When I take a supermodel to dinner or to a cafe, or club, or a movie - and I'm not gonna lie to you, I don't do it often at all - when others stare, it's a sign of admiration of one's beauty. Some guys get angry when other guys eye their women, me - I feel proud. I did not grow up having many things others could admire, I did not have "new Russian" money - contrary, I grew up fatherless, with more than one immediate family member affected by alcoholism. I always wanted to be that guy - like all those "rich" people, with a great german car and a hot girl in the passenger seat. And while my choice of long-term relationships when it comes to women is definitely NOT supermodels (I tend to go for the girls next door types for jus about anything longer than a one night stand), my choice of cars has always been the supermodel type. So how do I reconcile with all those people staring at me when I'm stepping out of my Bimmer, opening the passenger door to let out a girl, whose legs are longer than some people's height? I feel proud of what I've done with my life, I feel nothing but love for all these haters and ain't nothing gonna change this, cuz they remind me of how I used to stare at the older guys in my neighbourhood, thinking "one day I'll be like that too"
Old 03-20-2009, 04:26 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d

"One man's meat is another man's poison". Each to their own I guess when it comes to supermodels and cars.

nice story though.

cheers
Old 03-20-2009, 04:34 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

i thought you were talking about me.. .............................................

just playing.. but sweet story.. you must have had a nice night huh..

p.s i feel the same way about my car..
Old 03-20-2009, 06:17 AM
Members

Originally Posted by 530goinon850' post='821970' date='Mar 20 2009, 08:20 AM
I'm sitting inside a starbucks right now and eyeing my german model wife - the alpine white beauty, that is restfully parked right outside the window. I'm looking at her and I can't help but feel mesmerised by her beauty: perfect body, gorgeous face; the waist line, even the shoes - she's perfect. And as I'm sitting here marvelling at myself for having attained such a fine automotive specimen all to myself, thinking "how did a kid who grew up in the streets of Russia's "criminal capital" ever manage to get this lucky!"; I can't help but think of this girl I'm friends with. You see, this girl is a supermodel, and each time you hit the scene in company of a six foot one brunette with a perfect body and eyes most men would give their lives to see smile, you'll notice two things: you will see that every guy will stare at her in awe and stare you down in blind fury. You see, that's what I feel like, when I take my e60 out. When people say "BMW drivers are assholes", or when other BMW drivers complain that they are hated, I can't help but draw a parallel. When I take a supermodel to dinner or to a cafe, or club, or a movie - and I'm not gonna lie to you, I don't do it often at all - when others stare, it's a sign of admiration of one's beauty. Some guys get angry when other guys eye their women, me - I feel proud. I did not grow up having many things others could admire, I did not have "new Russian" money - contrary, I grew up fatherless, with more than one immediate family member affected by alcoholism. I always wanted to be that guy - like all those "rich" people, with a great german car and a hot girl in the passenger seat. And while my choice of long-term relationships when it comes to women is definitely NOT supermodels (I tend to go for the girls next door types for jus about anything longer than a one night stand), my choice of cars has always been the supermodel type. So how do I reconcile with all those people staring at me when I'm stepping out of my Bimmer, opening the passenger door to let out a girl, whose legs are longer than some people's height? I feel proud of what I've done with my life, I feel nothing but love for all these haters and ain't nothing gonna change this, cuz they remind me of how I used to stare at the older guys in my neighbourhood, thinking "one day I'll be like that too"
And the best part is this "supermodel" takes whatever you dish out and won't talk back. Oops forgot about bluetooth and the service dept....... Ahhhh-- they're all high maintenance.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:28 AM
Contributors

Yes, we all get to dreamin' about our love affairs. I hate it when I get "phylosophical" though, when I know I should be getting philosophical.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:38 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Nice story. I see my car in a very similar way
Old 03-20-2009, 06:40 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 M5 alpine white, black full leather, etc.

phylosophical? Is this just a misspell or am I missing the pun?
Old 03-20-2009, 07:13 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by 530goinon850' post='821970' date='Mar 20 2009, 08:20 AM
Although I agree with most of what you said, our "supermodels" have a bit of fat butt issue though. Glad to see that I am not the only one who humanizes a car....
Old 03-20-2009, 01:03 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 530goinon850' post='821970
And the best part is this "supermodel" takes whatever you dish out and won't talk back. Oops forgot about bluetooth and the service dept....... Ahhhh-- they're all high maintenance.
LOL, cant live with us and cant live without us buddy!
Old 03-20-2009, 04:29 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

Lounge.

Quick Reply: My love affair