E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My e60 iDrive

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 06:24 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sometimes it messes up and it seems like when I use it to switch back and forth between my radio, cd, and cd changer, it will go static and I'll have to actually stop the car, turn it off, then turn it back on in order for it to be clear. It only does it every so often, and I reset one of my steering wheel buttons to switch between sources and it hasn't done it since. Anybody else have this problem?

If this is a repost and has been answered, please forgive my newbness
Old 09-26-2005, 10:44 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

It is not normal. Maybe you need a software upgrade? Complain at your dealership and they will give you one for free.

If you have pro navigation (with the wider screen) you can also use the alt-ctrl-del feature.
By pushing the round knob of the radio, the dvd eject knob and cd eject knob at the same time the computer will restart (like alt-trl-del) without you having to turn of you car.

If you do a search you wil find more info about the alt-ctrl-del feature..
Old 09-27-2005, 12:03 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

it would be good to mention more details about your car.... CIP version, date of built, type of radio.....description and equipment of the car ?????????????????????????????????????????????????
Old 09-27-2005, 12:14 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ben_loper' date='Sep 26 2005, 07:24 PM
Sometimes it messes up and it seems like when I use it to switch back and forth between my radio, cd, and cd changer, it will go static and I'll have to actually stop the car, turn it off, then turn it back on in order for it to be clear.? It only does it every so often, and I reset one of my steering wheel buttons to switch between sources and it hasn't done it since.? Anybody else have this problem?

If this is a repost and has been answered, please forgive my newbness
[snapback]175486[/snapback]
sometimes it happens to me, then goes away. it usually happens after i use bluetooth. i have not had it fixed yet (the static) because i'm lazy.