E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

My car got hit today.... :(

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 11:09 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F13 M6

sorry to hear about that man but good to know youre ok.
Old 01-01-2009, 11:50 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530I Silver gray with gray leather with Premium Package, Logic 7 Premium sound system with Ipod interface, xenon adaptive headlights, Active steering, Power retractable rear sunshade, Comfort seats, Cold weather package and M5 OEM 166 wheels, Sprintbooster. Ceramic Tint all around, Bilstein Sports shocks with Eibach springs, Brake performance Rotors and Axxis ceramic pads.

Don't claim it under your insurance. Work with the other party's insurance being it his fault. Asked for the insurance accredited shops and match it with your dealers recommended shops. This way all parts are OEM and not cheap replacement parts or worse surplus parts. If you file the claim with the other party's insurance, you don't have to pay any deductible. I have a similar situation with my officemate, when he forgot to use his parking brake and his car rolled into mine. Good luck !!! and Happy New Year!!!
Old 01-01-2009, 02:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by solkeeper' post='756921' date='Dec 31 2008, 10:42 PM
Folks,

New years eve. Got hit in the rear bumper today on the highway by a guy that didn't stop in time for traffic. My entire rear bumper is cracked and my PDC sensors are all pushed in. I have a few questions and looking for some advice.

-When I claim insurance will I have to pay my deductible given that it was his fault?
-Will the insurance cover repair at a BMW dealership? (He has Geico)
-Any recommendations for a dealership for body work in the NYC/NJ area?
-Will the fact that I got into an accident affect the warranty on the car? (It is still under 50K mile warranty and CPO warranty)

thanks
Sorry to hear what happened to you on New Year's Eve. Geico is great insurance company. I used it before for my MDX. My father-in-law damaged the rear bumper as he tried to park. My Geico policy has a deductible, so I didn't get all the costs covered. But in your case, its the other driver's fault, you should be able to get every dollar for the repair. As for the dealer recommendation, I dealt with Bloomfield BMW before and they are pretty good with the service and parts. Let me know if you are interested. I can send you more contact info. Good luck!
Old 01-01-2009, 03:21 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: June 6th start build, complete June 17th, at NY Port July 5th, at dealer July 10th, took delivery Friday July 13- Plantimum Bronze/Natural Brown Leather/Light Poplar, Sport Package, Sport Auto, Active Steering, Premium Package, CWP & PDC. Dinan Performance Software 384hp & 421 ft/lbs.

I was in an accident yesterday too. Car in front of me put on left blinker and moved to left side of lane, then made a right turn. It is snowy and cold here and it happened quick, could stop or steer so I slid into it.
My baby will be gone for three weeks
Old 01-01-2009, 03:25 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by pennetta' post='757344' date='Jan 1 2009, 04:21 PM
I was in an accident yesterday too. Car in front of me put on left blinker and moved to left side of lane, then made a right turn. It is snowy and cold here and it happened quick, could stop or steer so I slid into it.
sorry to hear, glad you are alright, hope things get resolved quickly...
Old 01-01-2009, 05:07 PM
ObD
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i 6MT

Originally Posted by pennetta' post='757344' date='Jan 1 2009, 07:21 PM
Old 01-01-2009, 05:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i, Sport and Premium package, Titanium Silver with Black Dakota Leather interior

The insurance repairs should work out fine. The part that sucks is... no more clean carfax... and not your fault. That's what would bother me the most. Harder to sell... or have to discount the vehicle, even if no major frame damage, etc. At least if I was buying the car and reading the carfax, IMO. Good luck with the repairs. Definitely insist on genuine BMW parts or dealer approved shops.
Old 01-01-2009, 05:38 PM
Members

Latest update. The other party accepted liability so it will be under their insurance. No deductible. Next step is to take it to a Geico adjuster for an estimate. Hopefully they won't low ball the damage.

Then off to find a BMW dealership that will do the work. I am also considering putting on the Mtech kit instead of the OEM bumper given that the rear bumper is already damaged. Thoughts by the forum members on this?
Old 01-01-2009, 06:33 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 BMW 550, Sport, Navi, PS, CWP, Sirius

Originally Posted by solkeeper' post='757408' date='Jan 1 2009, 09:38 PM
Latest update. The other party accepted liability so it will be under their insurance. No deductible. Next step is to take it to a Geico adjuster for an estimate. Hopefully they won't low ball the damage.

Then off to find a BMW dealership that will do the work. I am also considering putting on the Mtech kit instead of the OEM bumper given that the rear bumper is already damaged. Thoughts by the forum members on this?
Good. Keep your insurance off this issue if possible. Geico is fine and whatever their initial estimate is going to be does not really matter. They will work later with the body shop you chose and finalize all numbers. They will not have anything against a body shop you'll decide to take your car to for repairs. None of BMW dealerships I know about does body work but they can recommend you the one they are affiliated with. Now the bad part, no body shop I ever used bothered to hide repairs. They may do a great paint job but a professional will spot it immediately. This is one of many reasons I lease my cars.
Old 01-01-2009, 07:14 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Black/BlacK

I have Geico when my car got damaged I had it repaired by one of their "approved shops" it was at a Nissan Dealership =P The job was done alright though except about a month later I realized they gave me a wrong tire for my rear passenger side (though the adjuster threw that in for "free" gave me a new rim and tire cept the tire was wrong oh well (my rim had a bit of curbbing on it unrelated to "accident"))

Quick Reply: My car got hit today.... :(