E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

my car broke down, help please!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 01:05 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Original E60 Spec: 530i - Silver Grey Out, Black Dakota Leather In, Navigation Pro, Voice Command, HiFi Audio, Sports Package, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package w/ Heated Seats, Style# 123 Alloy Track Wheels, Auto AC, Power Front Seats, Active Turn Xennon Headlights, Mods: OEM M-Tech Front Bumper, OEM M Side Skirts, OEM M5 Rear Bumper, M5 Trunk Lid Finisher, M5 Style Mirrors, Custom Hamann Style Splitter, Custom Hartge Style Diffuser, RD Sport Boot Spoiler, LCI Taillights, Bruce Miranda's V4 LCI Retro Cables, 6000K Xenon light Bulbs, Xenon White LED License Plate Lights, 8000K HID 9006 Fog Lights, Akalius� Front Headlight Euro Overlays, Matte Black Kidney Grilles, E60.Net Clings, Debadged, Llumar Tinting "Micro Edged, 15% Rear 35% Sides, Engine Mods: Custom Magnaflow Quad Exhaust w/ Eisenmann Stamped 3� Tips, RPI Scoop (Red) Added Electronics: V1 Equipped (Hardwired), OEM Alpine CD Changer Retrofit, Shoes: SOLD-20" Staggered Vertini Hennesey Rims, Falcon 452's Tires-SOLD New Shoes: 19" VMR 710 Hyper Silver, General Exclaim UHP 245/35/19 Front-275/30/19 Rear, Gloss Silver Caliper Paint Job DIY ^_____________ Retired ______________ Took Delivery 10/26/2009: LOADED! E60 M5 Silverstone II/Black, Active Seats, Comfort Ventilated/Heated Seats, HUD, Brushed Aluminum Trim,

-Besides the point....I have the light s from trinity and at first when I installed it, I got an iDrive error. Then, I tried swapping them around in all possible ways and still the same. I was puzzled why it will not work. "Is it my car or is it the lights," I was thinking. Finally I took a flat head screw driver and scraped the electrical contact points of the LED housing hoping that it would give me better conduction. That solved my problem and all errors where gone and the light came on.

-Back on topic...By any chance did you unplug the license plate light housing from the electrical wireing source? If so, is it possible that you pluged it back in opposite poles?
Old 10-01-2008, 01:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by MiamiPhill' post='682836' date='Oct 1 2008, 09:09 PM
No car should ever have such a severe problem related to the kind of bulb in the frigging plate lights...
Anyone tried to put a nail in to the fusebox instead on a proper fuse?

Yes, some of us have.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:12 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='683013' date='Oct 1 2008, 02:11 PM

Yes, some of us have.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:06 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='683013' date='Oct 1 2008, 10:11 PM

Yes, some of us have.
Umm no,
Old 10-01-2008, 05:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Alpine White on Black interior, Sport and Premium Package, Steptronic, Navigation, Xenon Adaptive Headlights, Mtec V2.1 angel eyes,Hoen Fog Lights, Full M-Tech kit, ACS pedals, LED plate lights, CF Steering Wheel badge, CF Titanium trim, OE

oh crap my car is in the dealership, there still checking everything, they're gonna give me a call tomorrow now im driving a loaner car and its not a bmw shoot!!
i'm now rolling a ford escape! waaaahhh!!!!!!!!
Old 10-02-2008, 04:16 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mach5 05' 530i Black Sapphire Metallic w/Auburn Leather Seats, Heated Front/Rear Seats, Cold Weather Pkg, Premium Pkg, Sports Pkg, Xenon Headlights, NAV, Mud Flaps, 20" 166 Style Rims
Model Year: 2005
Engine: N54

Originally Posted by euro2nv' post='683238' date='Oct 1 2008, 09:25 PM
oh crap my car is in the dealership, there still checking everything, they're gonna give me a call tomorrow now im driving a loaner car and its not a bmw shoot!!

So you've got to give us the final verdict! What did your dealership have to say this morning?
Old 10-02-2008, 08:50 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by euro2nv' post='683238' date='Oct 2 2008, 04:25 AM
Any news?
Old 10-02-2008, 09:07 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Alpine White on Black interior, Sport and Premium Package, Steptronic, Navigation, Xenon Adaptive Headlights, Mtec V2.1 angel eyes,Hoen Fog Lights, Full M-Tech kit, ACS pedals, LED plate lights, CF Steering Wheel badge, CF Titanium trim, OE

the service guy told me that it was backfiring and they think the car is not tuned so i think but they didn't really say that they gonno open the engine
but i think they will :thumbsdown: i hope not because they have to overhaul the engine!!! shoot!!!
i'm thinking of getting a different car if i could do that, do you think i could do that since i only had the car for two weeks?? its a CPO
give me some advices guys??!! i really don't know yet whtas the real problem of the car but since its been two days now i'm thinking of calling the dealership where i bought the car,
what do you guys think???
Old 10-03-2008, 09:17 AM
Contributors

Backfiring - open the engine - no analysis of the problem???

What is the mileage on your 530i?

You must contact the dealer that sold you the car.

I suppose even in the US there must be some consumerism.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:47 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='684571' date='Oct 3 2008, 10:17 AM
Backfiring - open the engine - no analysis of the problem???

What is the mileage on your 530i?

You must contact the dealer that sold you the car.

I suppose even in the US there must be some consumerism.
i might be able to get my car today, they opened the engine checked the vlaves, it was fine so they said they're gonna do checking again, its funny coz they're still not telling me the real problem, im waiting for the call today coz today the will tell me what really happened, but its good to know that he said it was'nt big of a deal, he said it was and easy fix im a bit happy with that answer,
mileage is 36k when i got it, i thought it won't give me problems, this isn't a good way to start but im crossing my toes and my fingers that i got an "ok" car its CPO warranty up to 100k and 2011 so i hope it will give me more headaches