E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MP3 on DVD

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 12:23 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yesterday I finally got to play my first MP3 DVD. However I was a little disappointed because at low volume I can hear the DVD drive constantly working. Is this how it is supposed to be? The DVD drive is working harder on tracks located on the outskirts of the DVD (assume that the songs which are in the end of the alphabet is located further out on the DVD).

I also know that some CCC's are changed under warranty due to clicking sounds when using nav DVD. Can't say I've heard any clicking sounds when using the DVD navigation disc. Can these issues be related?

What exactly is the CCC (Car Communication Computer)?
I had my I-drive screen replaced a couple of months back, does this include the CCC?
Old 03-03-2006, 07:05 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by Bobkare' post='249089' date='Mar 3 2006, 04:23 AM
Yesterday I finally got to play my first MP3 DVD. However I was a little disappointed because at low volume I can hear the DVD drive constantly working. Is this how it is supposed to be? The DVD drive is working harder on tracks located on the outskirts of the DVD (assume that the songs which are in the end of the alphabet is located further out on the DVD).

I also know that some CCC's are changed under warranty due to clicking sounds when using nav DVD. Can't say I've heard any clicking sounds when using the DVD navigation disc. Can these issues be related?

What exactly is the CCC (Car Communication Computer)?
I had my I-drive screen replaced a couple of months back, does this include the CCC?
CCC is a system containing individual components. There are at least three individual computer chips, fibre optic cable and connectors and then various end units that make up the Entertainment and Navigation (Pro) "system" There are newer test procedures available to the technicians now to help diagnose individual components so that they do not unneccesarily replace too much (too costly) of the system.

The iDrive screen is normally considered the CID (Central Information Display). It is driven by a CCC component so it may be considered a CCC component in that sense.

As far as the hearing the drive that may be normal (I hear mine work as well - just not all the time) but then I hear similar sounds on the various computers and DVD recording and playback units I have. None seem excessive, but I believe I would recognize a bad or abnormal unit if I heard it.