E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

MP3 Disc - What to do in order to play them ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 01:19 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Individual, DVD Package, HUD, Bluetooth, Comfort Seats, SR, etc

Originally Posted by aybeesea' post='336520' date='Sep 20 2006, 01:26 PM
Since when have you NEEDED a chip to play MP3?

It can all be done in software.

ABC

ok now i am confused, BMW is confused
Old 09-20-2006, 02:11 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by snkpkp' post='336506' date='Sep 20 2006, 01:21 PM
Maybe because your vehicle is not EU spec and his is . My vehicle is EU spec and when I put in a MP3 CD it does not do anything, just dims out the CD and moves to CD 1 in the changer

Regarding CD text I tried using new iTunes and include CD text and put it in the front CD slot and no text. Is there a button or option which will say DETAILS to show the name of the tracks? btw i dont have Nav and have HIFI with CD Changer + Single CD Slot
In your case, like I mentioned, you need a software update since it didn't say "Medium Cannot Be Read", just like me before I got the MP3 update. After I got the update, I burned my CD incorrectly and got the message "Medium Cannot Be Read". My point is this, if like snkpkp, the CD just dims out, then its not MP3 enabled, if it says Medium Cannot Be Read, its enabled but you've burned your CD incorrectly, say burned Data and not set the ISO correctly, and in the case of mac, you've burned a Data CD instead of an Audio MP3 cd. Another thing to notice is this, do not name the folders very long, if you're seperating your CD into folders, or else it won't read.

My vehicle is EU spec, because all Thailand's vehicle whether its CBU or those made in Thailand, are all EU specs, all parts and accessories are ordered from EU.

I will post some pictures when I get the chance.. Cheers
Old 09-20-2006, 04:07 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i Automatic - Premium - 19" M166 - Logic 7 - No Nav

I am Confused

I had new software updated in my car. My bluetooth is now functional with my cell. However, When I put a Mp3 disc, burned like you said (and I tried many other way of burning it) and none of them will work. It says "Medium cannot be read".

Please advise.
Old 09-20-2006, 04:48 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 530i Individual, DVD Package, HUD, Bluetooth, Comfort Seats, SR, etc

i am sure 535iSE is right. I have to update my sw to be able to have the MP3 option.

But for you Mz3bo, if its saying medium cannot be read its either the dealer needs to turn on Mp3 funtionality or you need to double check on the burning process...anyways I am as lost as you are...so dont count on my words...
Old 09-20-2006, 07:47 AM
Contributors

I think you guys just need to check on the burn procedure. I've read a thread that Lomag created and it had extensive info about how to burn MP3. Since I got my car to work on Bus. Radio, I'm sure anyone can get it to work with some software enabling and correct burn procedure. If your dealer give you crap about build date, say screw them. My car is built 09/04 and it works just fine... My buddy, Sam, also have MP3 in his car with Bus. Radio, and his car and my car are identical in options.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:10 AM
Members

>Since I got my car to work on Bus. Radio, I'm sure anyone can get it >to work with some software enabling and correct burn procedure. If >your dealer give you crap about build date, say screw them. My car is >built 09/04 and it works just fine

Really? I've never heard this before, so you can play 100+ mp3 filess off your dash CD and you have an early build E60 without NAV?

Even BMW's latest ordering info (in the UK at least) says No professional radio no MP3 decode.
Old 09-20-2006, 10:27 AM
Members

Originally Posted by MTRHEAD' post='336666' date='Sep 20 2006, 12:10 PM
>Since I got my car to work on Bus. Radio, I'm sure anyone can get it >to work with some software enabling and correct burn procedure. If >your dealer give you crap about build date, say screw them. My car is >built 09/04 and it works just fine

Really? I've never heard this before, so you can play 100+ mp3 filess off your dash CD and you have an early build E60 without NAV?

Even BMW's latest ordering info (in the UK at least) says No professional radio no MP3 decode.

OK... I called the dealer about yesterday upgrade. They told me they program the latest 23.0 something software and enabled bluetooth. NOW, the AS ask me "TELL ME WHAT I NEED TO FLASH OR UPGRADE" because they don't know what do to since BMW tech sheet says it is not possible to have MP# for car build prior to 10-05. However, they are not saying "NO", they just don't know what to do. Can someone point out exactaly what must be done so I can tell them ?

Thanks
Old 09-20-2006, 10:54 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by MTRHEAD' post='336666' date='Sep 20 2006, 11:10 PM

Yes I'm very sure. I can take some pictures to confirm this if you want.
Old 09-20-2006, 10:58 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Mz3bo' post='336710' date='Sep 21 2006, 01:27 AM
OK... I called the dealer about yesterday upgrade. They told me they program the latest 23.0 something software and enabled bluetooth. NOW, the AS ask me "TELL ME WHAT I NEED TO FLASH OR UPGRADE" because they don't know what do to since BMW tech sheet says it is not possible to have MP# for car build prior to 10-05. However, they are not saying "NO", they just don't know what to do. Can someone point out exactaly what must be done so I can tell them ?

Thanks
My car doesn't have bluetooth in even if the software is updated, but I have MP3. I just printed out the SIB of the 05 cars, and showed it to my dealer which pointed out that its only for 05 cars, and I said, just give it a try because my friend's car have it. So they did and it worked out fine for me. My suggestion is, if you have good realtion with your SA, is to just ask him to follow the procedure for the 05 car and look carefully with him about all options that can be enabled. Cheers bro... you will enjoy it very much like I do if your car have MP3.
Old 09-20-2006, 11:02 AM
Members

Originally Posted by 525iSE' post='336724' date='Sep 20 2006, 02:58 PM
My car doesn't have bluetooth in even if the software is updated, but I have MP3. I just printed out the SIB of the 05 cars, and showed it to my dealer which pointed out that its only for 05 cars, and I said, just give it a try because my friend's car have it. So they did and it worked out fine for me. My suggestion is, if you have good realtion with your SA, is to just ask him to follow the procedure for the 05 car and look carefully with him about all options that can be enabled. Cheers bro... you will enjoy it very much like I do if your car have MP3.
Hi,

Thanks for answering my questions on the mp3 dilemna. Can you tell me wich SIB for 05 model you have found and printed ? I prefer to have a copy of it so I can go to the dealer and tell them to do it.

Thanks

Quick Reply: MP3 Disc - What to do in order to play them ?