E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

MP3 on CCC

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 10:56 AM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by Peter530i' date='Sep 27 2005, 03:08 PM
Hey Iceman, how is it with Business Nav and mp3?
Radio Pro to mention
[snapback]175694[/snapback]
The problem is only with Nav Pro, because of the MAP display.

Originally Posted by das' date='Sep 27 2005, 05:36 PM
Well, I called BMWNA, and they claimed that the information that cars WITH Navigation in the US should start getting MP3 playback capability as of October production. (I also confirmed that the production month is determined by the car's production end date.)

In any event, my car is the first week of October production, so whenever it gets here, I'll definitely be testing this!
[snapback]175761[/snapback]
This info comes from somebody at VDO...
Old 09-27-2005, 11:10 AM
das
Site Founders

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2021 F93 M8 Competition

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Sep 27 2005, 12:56 PM
This info comes from somebody at VDO...
I have no doubt that your information is more accurate.

But, I also know that BMWNA is still claiming, as of today, that October production vehicles with navigation[1] in the US will have MP3 playback capability. (Then again, we all know BMWNA has on occasion said things that were not accurate...)

[1] For others following this, the US does not have Business Navigation; the US navigation system is the same as Professional Navigation in other markets.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:21 AM
Members

I was able to confirm that my ED delivery 530's production month is considered the day the inspection is performed which in my case would be 9/19, on the owners circle site this would be listed as "awaiting transport" status.

Now I have to consider canceling the order and placing a new one, which obviously throws off the planning which has been done thus far.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

Originally Posted by miggo' date='Sep 27 2005, 10:00 AM
[quote name='Peter530i' date='Sep 27 2005, 04:08 PM']Hey Iceman, how is it with Business Nav and mp3?
Radio Pro to mention
[snapback]175694[/snapback]
Hi Peter,

My car has Business Nav and Professional Radio, and after updating the software to version 19 on last service, my car started to play MP3's. I guess the problem is only with the Navigation Pro, not with the business navi.

Mikko
[snapback]175743[/snapback]
[/quote]

Mikko, thanks for the info. Now I have to decide wheter to go for CIP update or not. So far no problems with current cip. Knock it on wood
Old 09-27-2005, 11:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

I just want to know if BMW will get mine to play MP3s... A Bus Radio car.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i, Graphite on Oyster, ///Msport, Executive Package, XDrive

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' date='Sep 27 2005, 01:41 PM
I just want to know if BMW will get mine to play MP3s... A Bus Radio car.
[snapback]175896[/snapback]
The BUS radio/cd player that was installed in your car will not be able to play back MP3s. The hardware is not capable of the playback. It is not software related.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:56 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Sep 26 2005, 05:10 PM
MP3 on the CCC was promised for September but will now more likely be a December release, so far so good

BUT, it is possible, that the hardware of the CCC needs to be upgraded! There is a hardware conflict!
Currently there is a problem with the nav when you listen MP3's. The nav forgets the route or it forgets to display the turns or the announcing of the turns, in example... Also the scrolling of the map doesn't work as it should.
If the processor gets more priority on the nav, the MP3 is not playing constantly, it fails very often.

So, if the CCC hardware needs to be changed... Currently nobody knows who has to pay for it. It is possible, that VDO is providing the new CCC's for MY06's for free, and for pre-MY06's for 400-500 ?uro. Then the installation has to be added, in both cases...?

The car shown on the IAA had no trouble, since it was not in motion, so the nav was not using any processor speed... So the car from the IAA doesn't mean the solution is anywhere close now...

[snapback]175350[/snapback]
thx for all the info Iceman
Could it be that October builds get the new CCC? And thats why MP3 is suppose to be available on NAV cars starting Oct or they thought the software would fix it meaning now that even Oct builds may not even have MP3 playback.
Old 09-27-2005, 02:17 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by akirax' date='Sep 27 2005, 11:56 PM
Could it be that October builds get the new CCC? And thats why MP3 is suppose to be available on NAV cars starting Oct or they thought the software would fix it meaning now that even Oct builds may not even have MP3 playback.
[snapback]175971[/snapback]
Still a lot of confusion at BMW and VDO. But it looks like the CCC needs to be changed, what they will probably do just for the install costs. On older E60's it could be install plus new CCC...

But as said... still a lot of confusion...

I hope they find the solution SOON and that it doesn't cost us ANYTHING...
Old 09-27-2005, 02:26 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530ia, saphire black on black dakota leather, steptronic, sports package and premium package; heated front and rear seats, heated steering wheel, auto bixenon headlamps, rain sensor, dynamic drive, active steering, 18" rims, Harman Kardon L7, CD Changer, poplar wood with chrome accent on steering wheel and shifter, build date 10/2003

I always wonder about BMW... especially when it comes to adding technology into thier cars... they really DONT get it right!????

Take Acura for example - Id love to take a BMW design or software or whatever engineer, put him in a room with a engineer from Acura... and ask the guy at Acura how they put all the cool stuff in thier cars. Acura for instance, since the 2003 release of the TL has had Bluetooth, DVD navigation, a VERY intelligent voice command system, MP3, and even DVD audio!!! no upgrading involved,no CIP releases, no CCC releases and updates, no option 6UA stuff! it just works out of the box.
The trend is, that BMW always add the functions later... dont they design a scalable system?
Dont get me wrong, Id rather BMW be good at what they do, cars. They just arent good at this iDrive thing... yet. Im venting.

Old 09-27-2005, 02:29 PM
Members

Originally Posted by e60beast' date='Sep 27 2005, 05:26 PM
I always wonder about BMW... especially when it comes to adding technology into thier cars... they really DONT get it right!????

Take Acura for example - Id love to take a BMW design or software or whatever engineer, put him in a room with a engineer from Acura... and ask the guy at Acura how they put all the cool stuff in thier cars. Acura for instance, since the 2003 release of the TL has had Bluetooth, DVD navigation, a VERY intelligent voice command system, MP3, and even DVD audio!!! no upgrading involved,no CIP releases, no CCC releases and updates, no option 6UA stuff! it just works out of the box.
The trend is, that BMW always add the functions later... dont they design a scalable system?
Dont get me wrong, Id rather BMW be good at what they do, cars. They just arent good at this iDrive thing... yet. Im venting.

[snapback]175990[/snapback]
I'm about to start venting soon, i'm just getting warmed up right now.

I avoided the Sirius fiasco, I avoided the bluetooth fiasco, and in the meantime we got a engine upgrade for 525/5230. I avoided them all by waiting...

I figured it was safe, there were no other features that I cared about other than MP3 which i knew was coming later this year. As for DVD playback like all the other cars have (park car, use emergency brake) although a nice feature, It was something I didnt have to have or would wait on, I figured at least a software update might get us this feature, but at this rate we'd need a new CCC upgrade because the system wouldnt be able to decode a DVD to the I-drive screen and keep the car running at the same time....

Didnt care about night vision although I read it will be available as retrofit...

Didnt care about having a AUX VIDEO INPUT to show material on the I-drive screen (ala Infiniti M35/45)

Didnt care about having backup camera since we have PDC...

Didnt care about having a lane departure system (ala M35/45)....

Month away from ED and now its looking like no MP3...total BS!!!

Now i'm wondering how many times after I get in the car will the system NOT detect the key fob in my pocket as I try and start the car using comfort access system....

Quick Reply: MP3 on CCC