5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60 Discussion (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/)
-   -   MP3 on CCC (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/mp3-ccc-16385/)

Iceman 09-26-2005 02:10 PM

MP3 on the CCC was promised for September but will now more likely be a December release, so far so good

BUT, it is possible, that the hardware of the CCC needs to be upgraded! There is a hardware conflict!
Currently there is a problem with the nav when you listen MP3's. The nav forgets the route or it forgets to display the turns or the announcing of the turns, in example... Also the scrolling of the map doesn't work as it should.
If the processor gets more priority on the nav, the MP3 is not playing constantly, it fails very often.

So, if the CCC hardware needs to be changed... Currently nobody knows who has to pay for it. It is possible, that VDO is providing the new CCC's for MY06's for free, and for pre-MY06's for 400-500 ?uro. Then the installation has to be added, in both cases... :wow:

The car shown on the IAA had no trouble, since it was not in motion, so the nav was not using any processor speed... So the car from the IAA doesn't mean the solution is anywhere close now...

:angry:

E60Sim 09-26-2005 02:15 PM

:angry: :angry: :angry: :help:

But when we bought our car with NAV Pro, and Radio Pro, BMW said that they will upgrade the car for free later when the MP3 comes..

It would be funny to see in the future how BMW handles this case...

:geek:

swajames 09-26-2005 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by E60Sim' date='Sep 26 2005, 03:15 PM
:angry:? :angry:? :angry:? :help:

But when we bought our car with NAV Pro, and Radio Pro, BMW said that they will upgrade the car for free later when the MP3 comes..

[snapback]175352[/snapback]

Thanks for the update Iceman, not looking like good news. At work, so can't check the 05 model year brochure, but can anyone remember if the brochure (US at least) specifically mentioned MP3 playback as a feature? In some ways I'd actually be happy to pay something for an upgraded CCC as the speed of the current unit is poor and I'm guessing that a key component of any upgrade would be a heavier duty processor - but if this was a promised feature I'd be unwilling to too much....

swajames 09-26-2005 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by swajames' date='Sep 26 2005, 03:19 PM
[quote name='E60Sim' date='Sep 26 2005, 03:15 PM']:angry:? :angry:? :angry:? :help:

[snapback]175352[/snapback]

Thanks for the update Iceman, not looking like good news. At work, so can't check the 05 model year brochure, but can anyone remember if the brochure (US at least) specifically mentioned MP3 playback as a feature? In some ways I'd actually be happy to pay something for an upgraded CCC as the speed of the current unit is poor and I'm guessing that a key component of any upgrade would be a heavier duty processor - but if this was a promised feature I'd be unwilling to too much....
[snapback]175355[/snapback]
[/quote]

OK, remembered the brochures were available on this very site. Checked the 05 and 06 model year brochures (US) and don't see any reference to MP3 :angry: That said, there is a reference to RDS and we don't have that either on Nav Pro cars......

Iceman 09-26-2005 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by swajames' date='Sep 27 2005, 12:27 AM
OK, remembered the brochures were available on this very site.? Checked the 05 and 06 model year brochures (US) and don't see any reference to MP3? :angry:? That said, there is a reference to RDS and we don't have that either on Nav Pro cars......
[snapback]175359[/snapback]

I've just checked the manuals too. In the current manual there is MP3 playback mentioned, but has a * next to it, what means, it is optional equipment, country spec, or not yet available...

E60Speed 09-27-2005 02:57 AM

Our latest pricelists highlight the fact that MP3 will be available for October built cars, and sales people are even pushing the fact that they will have it.

So they better have it in October or our dealers are going to have problems

browellm 09-27-2005 03:40 AM

This is the worst news since............like............the last time we had a similar annoucement.

<goes off to sob quietly>

Bedford530i 09-27-2005 04:05 AM

Ahh... more broken promises. Nothing surprises me anymore.

This begs the question - when is the best time to buy a BMW? Year 5 maybe?

UUronL 09-27-2005 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by Bedford530i' date='Sep 27 2005, 07:05 AM
Ahh... more broken promises.? Nothing surprises me anymore.

This begs the question - when is the best time to buy a BMW?? Year 5 maybe?
[snapback]175678[/snapback]

Or simply buy on today's delivery instead of tomorrow's promises... We are talking about car salesmen right? ;)

Peter530i 09-27-2005 05:08 AM

Hey Iceman, how is it with Business Nav and mp3?
Radio Pro to mention