E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motorola Razr

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 08:26 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i sports package, Nav, HUD, cold weather, Prem sound, Orient Blue, Auburn int. Steptronic

I went to the Verizon store to upgrade my Motorola V710 to a Razr. They informed me that the software for the new Razrs will not allow data transfer any longer. So, as he described, the address book would not be synced and all I would be able to do is send and receive calls. Has anyone heard of this and or purchased a new Razr? If so, can you still sync up your address book?
Old 04-29-2006, 09:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Software changes made for a particular carrier could do exactly what you were told. I think that at least the Cingular version of the RAZR is fine. Maybe it's time for a carrier change. As implied, the software for a particular phone often depends on the carrier.
Old 04-29-2006, 09:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

I got a replacement RAZR about two months ago after losing the original. I would assume it to have the latest Verizon software. I am still able to sync my address book to the car without any problems. Go ahead and get the upgrade. You have a 15 day return policy with Verizon if you don't like the RAZR. The one thing that I am most disappointed about is that they disabled the modem functionality of the RAZR. I use to be able to use my v710 as a modem connected to my laptop. I have not really tried to "hack" the RAZR to do the same yet or if it is even possible.
Old 04-30-2006, 04:20 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 E60 BMW 525i - BIRTHDAY- 11/04 - EXTERIOR- Amethyst Gray Metallic. INTERIOR- Beige Dakota Leather w/Dark Poplar Grain Wood. OPTIONS- Automatic Transmission, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, 6-disc CD changer, Bluetooth using Verizon Raza V3c phone, SIRIUS Satellite Radio. ADD-ON's- 545i Chrome Grill, Euro Red Reflectors, Factory all-weater matts & Factory Coat-Hanger.

Originally Posted by jiio' post='275719' date='Apr 29 2006, 12:54 PM
I got a replacement RAZR about two months ago after losing the original. I would assume it to have the latest Verizon software. I am still able to sync my address book to the car without any problems. Go ahead and get the upgrade. You have a 15 day return policy with Verizon if you don't like the RAZR. The one thing that I am most disappointed about is that they disabled the modem functionality of the RAZR. I use to be able to use my v710 as a modem connected to my laptop. I have not really tried to "hack" the RAZR to do the same yet or if it is even possible.
I also just got the Razr, and my last phone was the V710 and it works fine. I just got it like a month ago (maybe more) but I had the newest version 3 and I just had it updated to version 4 from Verizon and it still works great. On the V710 sometimes it took a few min. to sync but the Razr seems to find the BMW alot faster. Also on the V710 I seemed to get the "@" sign a lot on all my contacts (ex: John@ 123 456 7890) and I don't know why but so far I have not gotten it from the Razr.

I guess the first Razr's Verizon came out with they left a program on it (ver. 2) that was able to do a lot more things but Verizon figured it out and took it off for ver 3 or if you had your software updated to ver 3 it shut it off. But with the new update of ver 4 I have been reading that it does not take that program off if u have ver. 2. Also ver 4 makes the phone much faster for the menu's and they said it fixed the bluetooth but I never had a problem. Only drawback is that now w/4 the outter screen is now orange and it takes the picture away for good. I guess orange wouldn't be that bad, but Verizon has the stupid red strip on the top, now orange in the middle and some dark red at the bottom, gross color combo .. but like I said works much faster...

I wish I knew how to hack, they have how to do it on the howardforum. com but I got all confused and didn't want to fry my phone.....