E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

More Software problemS??

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 03:25 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 BMW 545i, Olivin Green, w/Sports Package, basic stereo, chrome wheels, tinted windows, Bluetooth enabled with Moto V710 (Verizon), Sirius Sat Radio (aftermarket), Auxiliary Input for Ipod.

I got my BT installed in Feb. It's working great. I do not know which software version i'm running.

Back then I encounted "Dynamic Drive Malfunction (DDM)" error messages. Initially it would occur once every week or so. I'd re-start and it would go away. Not a big deal.

Recently I've been seeing this mesg pop up more frequently. I would drive for about 10-15 mins and the DDM mesg would appear. I mean EVERYDAY FOR 4 days straight. And when this mesg came up, it would also trigger other error mesgs. It would say "Power Window Anti-Trap" mesg would show. Then another mesg would saying my brake is on. Then my A/C function would stop too. It would take about 1 min before the A/C would kick back on.

And even without the DDM meg, the acceleration would be skiddish...and also the damn thing wouldn't change gears until the RPM was 6000 or higher. And sometimes as i'm accelerating, the car would jerk back like I got rear ended.

And to top it off there's a loud, sqeaking noise coming from the rear/passenger side. Anytime i go over a bump or turn slightly the noise would appear. This noise started after I slammed on a brake to avoid a collision. I didn't hit any thing or anybody. But as soon as I started going forward the noise appeared.

Anybody have a clue what might be causing these problems? i'm due to go in for service but the earliest I can get in is 12 days from now.

Teriyaki
Old 04-25-2005, 03:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by teriyaki88' date='Apr 25 2005, 03:25 PM
I got my BT installed in Feb. It's working great. I do not know which software version i'm running.

Back then I encounted "Dynamic Drive Malfunction (DDM)" error messages. Initially it would occur once every week or so.? I'd re-start and it would go away.? Not a big deal.

Recently I've been seeing this mesg pop up more frequently.? I would drive for about 10-15 mins and the DDM mesg would appear.? I mean EVERYDAY FOR 4 days straight. And when this mesg came up, it would also trigger other error mesgs.? It would say "Power Window Anti-Trap" mesg would show.? Then another mesg would saying my brake is on.? Then my A/C function would stop too.? It would take about 1 min before the A/C would kick back on.

And even without the DDM meg, the acceleration would be skiddish...and also the damn thing wouldn't change gears until the RPM was 6000 or higher.? And sometimes as i'm accelerating, the car would jerk back like I got rear ended.

And to top it off there's a loud, sqeaking noise coming from the rear/passenger side. Anytime i go over a bump or turn slightly the noise would appear.? This noise started after I slammed on a brake to avoid a collision. I didn't hit any thing or anybody.? But as soon as I started going forward the noise appeared.

Anybody have a clue what might be causing these problems?? i'm due to go in for service but the earliest I can get in is 12 days from now.

Teriyaki
[snapback]119957[/snapback]
Wait out the 12 days and make sure that they upgrade every module with CIP 16.2. I had no error messages but they found errors when they first hooked her up to the machine. The difference in smoothness is amazing now.
Old 04-26-2005, 08:36 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 545i, Olivin Green, w/Sports Package, basic stereo, chrome wheels, tinted windows, Bluetooth enabled with Moto V710 (Verizon), Sirius Sat Radio (aftermarket), Auxiliary Input for Ipod.

Got a new error today. My old friend "Active Steering" mesg came on. It says to restart the car to re-initialize. I did so but nothing happened. I restarted 3 times and the steering assist was gone. It felt like manual steering. Ironically this was on the way to the dealer. I was able to get in earlier than originally scheduled due to a rash of these problems.

The active steering mesg went away when i got on the freeway. That was weird.

it's at the dealer now and we'll see what happens. I'm glad i got the extended warranty 100K miles.

Teriyaki
Old 04-29-2005, 01:56 PM
Members

Problems fixed (so far all systems go)

I got my car back yesterday. According to the rap sheet, i mean the service receipt, the majority of the problems were software related. Dynamic Drive Malfunction, not shifting properly, active steering, and other warning lights were corrected with the new software.

THe squeaky noise from the rear area was diagnosed and fixed. THe culprit was brake wear indicator/sensor. It was rubbing against the drum. I thought it was the suspension or the frame. IT was making the noise when i was going bumps or making turns. I tried to replicate the sound at a stop but i couldn't. THis would explan why it would make the noise unless i was moving.

They grinded/rounded the sensor and it seems to be working now.

Teriyaki