E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

March '05 5 Series U.S. Sales Report

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 11:57 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This month I am introducing a new feature for the 5 Series sales report. Take a look at the two ?% of TOTAL? columns. This new information gives you an immediate indication of the relative importance of each model to the total 5 Series sales figure for the current month and the current YTD period. Let me know if you like this additional info or if you think it makes the report too busy.

March sales of the 5 Series were up 1.9% over March, 2004. YTD sales for the first quarter of 2005 were also up 6.7%.

By comparison, sales of the Mercedes-Benz E Class were down 27.4% this month with sales of only 3,608 this month and 4,971 last March. YTD sales of the MB E Class were down 30.3%.

Please note that I report only United States sales data.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
5_Series_Sales.pdf (123.5 KB, 119 views)
Old 04-01-2005, 12:10 PM
Members

Thanks, Fred...I like the new format. Do these include ED cars?
Old 04-02-2005, 06:22 AM
Members

I'm sorry to say that I'm not sure if the ED cars included in the totals. The figures in my reports are developed by BMW NA on the basis of RDRs (Retail Delivery Report) created by the dealer after the sale or lease of each vehicle.

I have no way of knowing if the delivery centers in Europe forward the RDR to BMW NA but my guess is that they do. Sadly, it's just a guess.

Hope this helps.

Fred Meloan
Old 04-02-2005, 09:21 AM

These sales numbers are sweet vindication for BMW management. Despite the constant drumbeat of complaints from the major US auto rags/reporters and prior 5 series owners who constantly bash iDrive and e60 styling, readers continue to buy the e60 in increasing numbers.

More importantly, the e60 continues to be the benchmark that BMW's competitors (Audi, MB, Infiniti, Lexus, etc.) use as the design point for their competitive offerings.
Old 04-02-2005, 09:55 AM
Contributors

It also shows that the aggressive lease deals that BMWNA/FS is having a positive impact on sales.
Old 04-02-2005, 11:13 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Thanks for the info.. This shows the E60 is accepted by more and more people..