E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

M tech bumper upgrade fitment

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 01:57 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

If you are doing the Mtech kit, you have 0 fitment issues. You may choose not to do the side skirts but the rear Mtech we offer and the front Mtech or M5tech are significantly lower priced than the factory units and fit just as well.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:21 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60

i2vicious2 make your signature smaller ?
Old 01-04-2012, 07:12 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

I'll throw my two cents in on this one too...
I decided to purchase the Umnitza kit and at this point I can say I'm ok with it, not happy, but ok. If you go with this kit you have to keep an open mind. This is NOT OEM! So if you are concerned about little things that typically aren't noticed by the average person, then this might be ok for you. If you are extremely picky, then go with OEM.

In my case, I have a 2008 LCI and the Umnitza kit required me to do some actual cutting on the wing tabs to eliminate the collision so the bumper will snap in. This would require a tool correction from the manufacturer but my guess is that it's done that way for pre LCI... One of my major concerns was this removal because the area was already a little weak. So be careful when you are snapping it in and out to adjust because you might just break this tab! Mine broke and I had to reinforce with a homemade bracket which turned out to be ok. I thought the bumper was going to be trash and called Tim at Umnitza for a replacement and explained to him the problem in hope of getting a nice price on a replacement. The only concession he offered was a little reduced shipping. Not impressed...

You will receive your Umnitza bumper with this crappy primer that WILL have to be removed by your paint shop. Make sure you explain to them that there is a coating on the bumper that if not removed may cause future adhesion problems and to check it out pretty closely. It can be removed with a chemical used at the paint shop abd should take about 45 minutes to one hour.

If you go with OEM it will also arrive primed and is NOT required to be removed since this primer is correct and applied properly!

More details in the attachment.
Unitza M5Mtech kit.pdf
Old 01-07-2012, 06:39 AM
Members

okay so i will be getting the umnitza one because of the price.the vehicle is a pre lci.....and for the price i am paying for the OEM i can get the Umnitza one painted. i am not picky so i think i will be fine with the aftermarket one. however i do not want to run into any type of fitment issues. but if i do im sure i will be able to fix it in order so that it will not fall off or look tacky. UMNITZA is not answering the phone whenver i call, it says i have reached them after hours and has been for the past week and a half. I have seen stories where the owner was out of the country until the end of January.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:10 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

We're in the office today.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:18 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW M5

I went with the Umnitza kit, installed myself and it fit great!

See the post below:

https://5series.net/forums/topic/115...3#entry1365083