E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

UMNITZA M-tech Kit Installed

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 09:00 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 BMW M5

UMNITZA: Finally purchased the M-tech kit for $900 shipped. It was ordered on a Tuesday and got it in 3 days on the following Friday, and it was packaged awesome! I know a lot of people on the forum have had some issues when ordering from Umnitza, but i didn't have any issues what so ever. The transaction went smooth and customer service was great.

PAINT: I got everything painted/wet sanded/polished for $1000 from a locally owned shop in Henderson, NV called "Image Makers Automotive" The color match was perfect and i couldn't be happier at the way it came out. I probably could have gotten it done a little cheaper somewhere else, but i didn't want to go cheap on the paint. I figured I'd already saved cash by purchasing a replica kit, so i decided to put some of that savings into the quality of the paint.

INSTALL: I decided to do the install myself to save about $300. With my experience working at a body shop during high school and all the DIY's available, i felt fairly comfortable doing the install. It was actually fairly simple. Out of all the pieces, obviously the side skirts were the easiest; taking about an hour to complete. There are about 8 or 9 screws underneath and the top clips in. IMO the rear bumper was the most difficult to install. It took about 3 hours, and after a few adjustments the fitment was perfect. The front bumper was actually easier than i thought. Most people who do the install themselves say the front bumper took the longest, but for me the was the rear bumper. Most of my time on the front bumper was taken by transferring over the fog lights, kidney grilles and PDC sensors, as well as the mtech lower grille.

IMO the fitment was close to perfect. I still need to adjust the left side of the front bumper by the headlight to raise it up about 1mm, but should be able to take care of that with a washer. The mtech kit makes a HUGE difference in terms of the look. I think the back bumper gives it a much wider and sportier stance. I was a little worried about how the mesh black wheels would look, but Im still happy with the way the fit the kit. What do you guys think? Obviously the front bumper is a HUGE improvement from the stock one. I was going back and forth between the mtech front and the m5 front, but in the end i didn't want my car to look like an m5 because it's not an m5. I still want it to look somewhat stock but in a tasteful way. I felt the m5 front bumper was too non-stock looking since the OEM m5 front bumper doesn't have fog lights.

What do you guys think? Feel free to ask any questions on the install, thanks!

Chris

Old 07-23-2011, 09:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Looks awesome man, really digging how the car came along!
Old 07-23-2011, 10:24 PM
Senior Members

Hey Tex Phil, wasn't you the first one to installed the Mtech front from Umnitza? If it was you, have you installed any aftermarket lip? and if you did, how was the fitment.
Old 07-23-2011, 10:39 PM
Senior Members

OP,

Very nice...I might have to PM you later on about the installation process of both the front and rear once I decide on which kit I want to get. I really like the front lip but seems like the lip that Umnitza sells for their M5tech is a bit low so I'm leaning towards the Mtech rep kit at this time. Just waiting to see if those aftermarket lip will work with the bumper before I pull the trigger.

BTW, is your car lowered? Seems like from the side pic, the gap is very minimal.
Old 07-24-2011, 03:21 AM
Members

My Ride: 07 525i mystic blue / black concept one staggered wheels 19x8.5 19x10.5

damn that looks good
Old 07-24-2011, 03:22 AM
Members

My Ride: 07 525i mystic blue / black concept one staggered wheels 19x8.5 19x10.5

damn that looks good
Old 07-24-2011, 03:46 AM
Members

Looking real nice.
What are those side markers, where'd u get them from?
Old 07-24-2011, 05:15 AM
Senior Members

Love the look kudos for doin it yaself not interested in the M5 trunk finisher?
Old 07-24-2011, 06:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Originally Posted by rctmthouse
Hey Tex Phil, wasn't you the first one to installed the Mtech front from Umnitza? If it was you, have you installed any aftermarket lip? and if you did, how was the fitment.
Yep I was, I never ordered the lip. Too afraid to rip it off, especially since I'm alot lower now.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:38 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535i Alpine White w/ Gray Interior; Premium, Sports, Cold Weather; Comfort Access, NAV, iPod Adapter, Sat Radio Upgrades: ★ OEM 166 (245/35F : 275/30R) ★ Motorcepts HID AEs & Fogs ★ License Plate LEDs ★ 35% Tints ★ Wish List: MTech Kit : Matte Black Kidney Grilles : R1 Concepts / Hawk Brake Kit : Blacked-out Orion Headlights

Car looks amazing! Great job!

Quick Reply: UMNITZA M-tech Kit Installed