E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

///M Sport Steering Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 12:24 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 525i M Sport Automatic, M Sports Package, Bi-Xenons, Sunroof, Hot Climate Version, Navigation+TV, 18" Double Spoke 135M Alloys with Runflats, Anthracite Headliner, M Leather Steering Wheel. Through Load System, Hifi Loudspeaker System, Alu Cube Pure Interior Trim, Flashlight Cloth/Nappa Leather Sports Seats, M Sports Suspension

Hi all forummers,

My ///M Sports steering wheel is peeling/flaking on both sides of the spokes where the spokes join to the bottom towards the ///M logo. Anyone experiencing this peeling? By the way I'm not wearing any rings or sort.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:30 AM
Members

My Ride: 535D AM SPORT 06 (07 for you US Guys ;-) Carbon Black Professional Sat Nav 6CD Changer Automatic Aircondition Advance (Standard fit) Bluetooth Telephone Preperation with Telematics Preperation Extended Voice Control System M 19" Mixed Wheels Style 172M BMW Online BMW Assist Graduated Tinted Windscreen Bi-Xenon Headlights Adaptive Headlights Headlight Wash System Black Dakota Leather Rear Spoiler Spare Wheel M Rear Spoler Sun Protection Glass Heated Front Seats BMW Velour Floor Mats BMW Service and Maintenance for 5 years/60,000 miles Tracker - Echo

Yes I am getting exactly the same thing at exactly the same place - just waiting for my service due in 4k miles and then will ask for a replacement under warranty. Appalling really for a ?50k car!
Old 07-05-2007, 01:18 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 525i M Sport Automatic, M Sports Package, Bi-Xenons, Sunroof, Hot Climate Version, Navigation+TV, 18" Double Spoke 135M Alloys with Runflats, Anthracite Headliner, M Leather Steering Wheel. Through Load System, Hifi Loudspeaker System, Alu Cube Pure Interior Trim, Flashlight Cloth/Nappa Leather Sports Seats, M Sports Suspension

Originally Posted by 535dMAN' post='443587' date='Jul 5 2007, 03:30 AM
Yes I am getting exactly the same thing at exactly the same place - just waiting for my service due in 4k miles and then will ask for a replacement under warranty. Appalling really for a ?50k car!
Hi 535dMAN,

Do let me know the outcome of the warranty. Sadly, I'm not able to request for a warranty as I bought it as an import from Japan and there are no BMW dealers in my town. Was thinking of sticking a silver sticker to cover it up. leaving the top part black. Same like the ones found on the 6 series. Yeah, I have to really admit that the quality for it is disappointing for such an expensive/luxury car
Old 07-05-2007, 01:50 AM
Members

My Ride: 535D AM SPORT 06 (07 for you US Guys ;-) Carbon Black Professional Sat Nav 6CD Changer Automatic Aircondition Advance (Standard fit) Bluetooth Telephone Preperation with Telematics Preperation Extended Voice Control System M 19" Mixed Wheels Style 172M BMW Online BMW Assist Graduated Tinted Windscreen Bi-Xenon Headlights Adaptive Headlights Headlight Wash System Black Dakota Leather Rear Spoiler Spare Wheel M Rear Spoler Sun Protection Glass Heated Front Seats BMW Velour Floor Mats BMW Service and Maintenance for 5 years/60,000 miles Tracker - Echo

Will do - I've blow the damn showroom up if they don't
Old 07-05-2007, 01:57 AM
Members

Originally Posted by 535dMAN' post='443602' date='Jul 5 2007, 04:50 AM
Or smash up the car in front of the showroom. That's what happened in Thailand. A friend told me that there was this incident of smashing up the car in front of the showroom. This lady had problems with with her car but honda refused to fix them and she smashed the car with hammers and stuff. Caused a commotion and Honda's management from Japan flew over to Thailand and gave her a brand new vehicle.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:03 AM
Members

Thats Honda for you I can't really seem the guys from BMW coming down giving me a brand new M5
Old 07-05-2007, 04:20 AM
Members

Originally Posted by 535dMAN' post='443604' date='Jul 5 2007, 05:03 AM
Thats Honda for you I can't really seem the guys from BMW coming down giving me a brand new M5
Don't drive a Honda, but a Thai friend related this matter to me.
Old 07-05-2007, 05:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i, Graphite on Oyster, ///Msport, Executive Package, XDrive

Originally Posted by 535dMAN' post='443602' date='Jul 5 2007, 03:50 AM

Yes, it is as if a rubber coating is peeling off the lower portion of the spokes. I have replacement parts on order and they will be installed on the 23rd under warranty.
Old 07-05-2007, 05:48 AM
Members

Originally Posted by ademitt' post='443624' date='Jul 5 2007, 08:22 AM
Yes, it is as if a rubber coating is peeling off the lower portion of the spokes. I have replacement parts on order and they will be installed on the 23rd under warranty.
What causes these peelings I really would like to know. If replacement parts are still peeling, there will be a no end to this. Is it possible to change the spokes to a silver trim?
Old 07-05-2007, 06:39 AM
Senior Members

I had the same thing happen to my non-sport steering wheel. I had to visit my dealership on three ocassions before they decided to replace it, not on warranty but on "goodwill". Apparently they will eat the cost instead of crosscharging this to BMW.

Quick Reply: ///M Sport Steering Question