E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

M-Sport Package or More Options

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 09:48 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: My Ride Current: 2006 E60 M5 Past: 2005 Porsche Cayenne S 2003 Mercedes Benz S55 AMG 2002 Ferrari F360 F1 2002 BMW E46 M3 SMGII 1999 Lamborghini Diablo VT 1998 Ferrari F355 Spyder F1 1997 Ferrari F355 GTS 1997 BMW E36 M3 1997 Mercedes Benz C36 AMG On Order: (2007 July) Ferrari F430 Spyder F1

Congratulations on your decision But are you sure you have made the right choice ? Haha just joking

Good luck and enjoy it!

Originally Posted by Refujeet' post='285117' date='May 20 2006, 12:59 PM
So I finally decided...

I decided to go with a 530 with:
Premium
M-Sport Package
Black/Black
Poplar Grain Interior

I decided to forgo the nice features because I realistically wasn't intersted in them at the start. I only got interested in them after learning of the price differential. Even though they are awesome features (Nav, CA, Comf Seats) I think I will be happier with the meanest looking 5 on the street (my street, atleast). Also, all of your opinions were considered and although all the features were tempting, I think at this stage of my life (immature stage), I will be happier with a body kit, rims, and the sporty interior.

I also decided to get the dealer to mount winter tires on the M-Sport rims, and get OEM M5 rims for the summer. How much should I expect to pay for the OEM M5 rims in Canada with tires? What tires should I get? I want OEM because of reliability and workmanship. BUT, since it is a lease, would the savings be worth getting replica rims? OR will I be able to sell or even use the M5 rims on a different car after the lease is up.

ALSO, I am finding out if I can get the 550 grill instead of the 530 grille. I love the chrome inserts in the grille and think this would look amazing on a black/black car. Has anyone been able to get the dealer to do this before delivery? How much should I expect to pay for this?

My ONLY concern is the M-Sport sterring wheel, can I get the heated steering wheel or is that not possible? How much should I expect to pay for this?
Old 05-19-2006, 10:25 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Refujeet' post='285117' date='May 20 2006, 12:59 AM
So I finally decided...

I decided to go with a 530 with:
Premium
M-Sport Package
Black/Black
Poplar Grain Interior

I decided to forgo the nice features because I realistically wasn't intersted in them at the start. I only got interested in them after learning of the price differential. Even though they are awesome features (Nav, CA, Comf Seats) I think I will be happier with the meanest looking 5 on the street (my street, atleast). Also, all of your opinions were considered and although all the features were tempting, I think at this stage of my life (immature stage), I will be happier with a body kit, rims, and the sporty interior.

I also decided to get the dealer to mount winter tires on the M-Sport rims, and get OEM M5 rims for the summer. How much should I expect to pay for the OEM M5 rims in Canada with tires? What tires should I get? I want OEM because of reliability and workmanship. BUT, since it is a lease, would the savings be worth getting replica rims? OR will I be able to sell or even use the M5 rims on a different car after the lease is up.

ALSO, I am finding out if I can get the 550 grill instead of the 530 grille. I love the chrome inserts in the grille and think this would look amazing on a black/black car. Has anyone been able to get the dealer to do this before delivery? How much should I expect to pay for this?

My ONLY concern is the M-Sport sterring wheel, can I get the heated steering wheel or is that not possible? How much should I expect to pay for this?

Hi congrats on your decision, awesome ride on the way.

Toronto bmw is going to swap winter tires M3 on those 135s, correct? maybe that is not a good idea b/c the M3s are worth less than the performance bridgestones RFT that come with the car, i would run the stock BStires until winter then purchase just the winter M3s to mount onto the 135.
since you are getting an entire new set of 166 with rubber, no worries on mounting/dismounting the 135 twice before the lease of 3 years is over.

you may get OEM 166 from an outside performance wheel and tire shop cheaper than from the dealership, i trust wheel and tire zone in mississauga. the best rubber to put on is definitely the michelin PS2.
which will run you $3k for the entire set of 4 mounted/balanced/ installed.
*cheaper and more fun alternative, if you can drive directly to Tirerack in South Bend Indiana (5 hours from toronto). i did that, arriving at 7:30am (left toronto at 1am) doors open first car in, then return by dinner time.
Forget about replicas, they only work for snow tires to take the salt and slush. the major benefits of OEM 166 includes lightweight, stiffness (forged), BBS quality, resale value and peace of mind.

you are doing the same thing as me (from the same dealership- did you see my photos?). i had the dealer swap out the chrome grills on my 530 during PDI (for free), but to my understanding the 530 now has the same chrome grill (vertical chrome slats)as the 550. only the 525 holds those black ones. please verify.
on another note you may buy them for $250 and swap yourself, it takes 20 minutes (fairly simple procedure). keep the black ones till you return the car and unload the chrome ones seperately (here or on ebay).

i agree the loss of the heated steering wheel is something to be missed and swallowed, and the answer is no you cannot get them heated even if you are willing to pay, they simply don't exist (not made that way).

*on another note i forgot to mention. make sure you ask for bluetooth installed, i just played with my buddy's e90. i cannot live without it now, has to be used to believe. infreakinbelievably handy piece of gadgetry you can invest into.
Old 05-19-2006, 10:36 PM
Members

How much would I save if I drove down? I have some buddies from University that are in Chicago so that would be an attractive option. Should I get the M5 Rims from Toronto and take them with me or would I get them for less from a dealer in Indiana/Illinois area? - Especially with the high dollar these days. Do you know how much the rims sell for in Toronto?

Yeah, I did get the idea from you. Thank you. I did not know if it was possible before, but after seeing you I asked the salesman. He said he would look into it, so I told him Vince did it for a friend of mine and he was more than happy to oblige.

I really have to figure out the initial tire combo and winter tire combo from the dealer. I want the best possible winter tire and minimize what I spend on new tires since I will probably get taken by the dealer on this, but I guess the satisfaction will be worth it. It will be worth it? Right?
Old 05-20-2006, 01:45 AM
Members

My Ride: e39 525i Touring, will order e61 as soon as I can decide on engine and options...

Hi,
I think all 6 and 8 cylinder cars have the same chrome grille. Only the 520d suffers from the black... The grille is somethin g like 100 USD after market.

/M

Originally Posted by Refujeet' post='285117' date='May 20 2006, 06:59 AM
Old 05-20-2006, 06:31 AM
Members

My Ride: Currently a 2000 540i 6spd

Originally Posted by Refujeet' post='285153' date='May 19 2006, 11:36 PM
How much would I save if I drove down?
A friend of mine had tire rack ship directly to his house (Vancouver). He claims shipping was only $75. I find that hard to believe, but take it for what it's worth.
Old 05-20-2006, 06:42 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530 2006 msport package, steptronic, pdc, mystik blue, grey dakota leather, sunroof, Bi-Xenon, heated rear seats, Hi-FI system, velour carpets

Go for the M sport
Old 05-22-2006, 11:53 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Refujeet' post='284024' date='May 18 2006, 01:23 AM
Yeah, my friend has had a bad experience there. In the end he ended up buying an Audi when the salesman said, "Come on, its a BMW. BMW drivers don't bargain on prices".

I can see what the salesman was trying to say, but come on, he isn't doing a customer any favours by 'allowing' a customer to buy a $70,000 CAD car.

I'm dealing with BMW Toronto since it is closer to where I will be working.

The only drivers who don't bargain on prices are idiot drivers.

Otherwise you are making a huge contribution to the BWM new car salesmen charity.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:31 PM
Members

I am def. bargaining! I got the invoice price for the exact model I wanted and e-mailed it to 5 dealerships, and told them to make me an offer. I will jsut pick the lowest figure after that.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:41 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Refujeet' post='283825' date='May 17 2006, 10:42 PM
I'm in Toronto, Canada, and am buying my first car. To get you into my mindset, i'll give you a brief summary of my situation. I am 22 years old, I just graduated from university, and I currently drive a 2002 Maxima. It's a great car, but I got it on my 18th birthday, and I am getting bored. My car doesn't really need to be replaced, but since I have the ability to buy myself the car that I have been wanting for soo long, I am ready to take the plunge. My only concern is whether I should get the M-Sport Package or use that money on getting more options.

Car That I am Considering:
2007 530i
Black on Black
6-Speed
Premium Pack.

In Canada, the M-Sport Package comes out to $6,500. Rather than just get this package, I can use the money I save and add $700 to get Navigation, Comfort Seats, Ventilated Seats, and Comfort Access.

My color choice is Black on Black. I am in love with the M-Sport package but does it really stand out on a black car. Most pictures of dark cars dont really show the aggressive front bumper as well as lighter cars. So for the people with darker cars, is the package as noticeable as lighter cars? Another concern is that I am used to my car having a heated steering wheel in the cold winters. Can I get the heated steering wheel rather than the M-Sport one? Should I even worry about the steering wheel?

What do you guys think I should do? Will the luxury of all those extras outweigh the puuure appeal of the M-Sport Package? Or should I forgo the extras and go for the M-Sport Package?

Thanks

Here are a couple of pics showing the MSport package on a dark car. Also a comparison between Msports and non sports body.
Attached Thumbnails M-Sport Package or More Options-img2005_11_20_0049.jpg   M-Sport Package or More Options-dsc_5962.jpg   M-Sport Package or More Options-dsc_5979.jpg  
Old 05-22-2006, 08:15 PM
Contributors

The M sport suspension is phenomenal. (I have a Canadian Car). Definately go for the M sport package, but also do not buy it without comfort seats - I guess if you don't have them you won't know what you're missing, but I consider them one of the best features on my car.

Congratulations on what ever you get.

Quick Reply: M-Sport Package or More Options