E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

M-aero kit (aka M-technic)

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 08:31 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: MY2007 530i, titanium silver, grey leather, steptronic, sport package, cold weather package, premium package, navigation, logic7 DSP audio.

The aero kits come primed but not painted. How does one go about getting the pieces painted with BMW original paint so that no differences can be detected between the kit and the original body panels?
Old 12-01-2006, 09:14 AM
Members

My Ride: 06 530Xi w/ M-Sport Package 07 335i Cabriolet w/ M-Sport body kit

Originally Posted by florus' post='362552' date='Dec 1 2006, 12:31 PM
The aero kits come primed but not painted. How does one go about getting the pieces painted with BMW original paint so that no differences can be detected between the kit and the original body panels?
Just make sure you go to a reputable body shop and they get the correct paint number.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:15 AM
Senior Members

I would ask at your BMW dealership body shop, if they don't have one, perhaps they can recommend you a body shop or maybe they have a list of certified BMW body shops.

Just as a comment, I really hate to go to a body and/or repair shop that I don't know, they usually try to rip you off, especially when they see your fancy car.

Since you got me started, here's an experience I had:
A few months ago I went to a body shop to get a quote to fix a few dents/paint chips and the quote was awfully high. Sometime after that somebody hit my car at a parking lot, leaving a big scracth on the same area, luckily I had unninsured motorist which covered it. I took the car to the same dealer and the quote for the insurance company was about half of what they quoted me for pretty much the same job. I can understand that they might have negotiated rates with insurance companies, but 50% disc?
I ended up with my car fixed and dents/chips gone with a minimun deductible.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:59 AM
Members

My Ride: MY2007 530i, titanium silver, grey leather, steptronic, sport package, cold weather package, premium package, navigation, logic7 DSP audio.

Originally Posted by Wiu-Bimmer' post='362568' date='Dec 1 2006, 10:15 AM
I would ask at your BMW dealership body shop, if they don't have one, perhaps they can recommend you a body shop or maybe they have a list of certified BMW body shops.

Just as a comment, I really hate to go to a body and/or repair shop that I don't know, they usually try to rip you off, especially when they see your fancy car.

Since you got me started, here's an experience I had:
A few months ago I went to a body shop to get a quote to fix a few dents/paint chips and the quote was awfully high. Sometime after that somebody hit my car at a parking lot, leaving a big scracth on the same area, luckily I had unninsured motorist which covered it. I took the car to the same dealer and the quote for the insurance company was about half of what they quoted me for pretty much the same job. I can understand that they might have negotiated rates with insurance companies, but 50% disc?
I ended up with my car fixed and dents/chips gone with a minimun deductible.
ouch!

anyone have any idea how much I should expect to pay for a job like this? (front+rear bumper covers and side sills, metallic vs. non-metallic paint)
Old 12-01-2006, 11:00 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

I had my servising dealer paint it. They have their own paint booth in the back and it was convient for me. But like others said... just do your HW and have a good body shop paint it.