E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

M Aero kit on 530i

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 10:03 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello,

I am new to this forum and this is my first post.
I am interested in getting an M Aero kit for my new 530i (Awaiting transport). What is the most common way of getting it installed? By dealer or DIY? Is this something that normally installed before taking delivery or it an upgrade that the dealer can perform after.
I asked the dealer for quote and was hoping that they can install for me but they are not very responsive.
And I am not sure if I trust myself with a brand new car that I do not know very well.
I live in northern california.
Thanks!
Old 11-08-2006, 01:48 PM
Contributors

Mine was installed at the vehicle processing center (port). The job looks first rate. Don't know if the typical dealer's body shop could do as well or not.

Mine was delivered with the aero kit, but since I had not ordered the kit I did not pay for it. If I purchased another 5 series, I would definately order the aero kit. It looks great!
Old 11-08-2006, 03:12 PM
Members

AP Sales,
Thanks.
Old 11-08-2006, 04:01 PM
Contributors

Welcome to the forum.

Aside from the VDC, the dealer, DIY, bodyshops, aftermarket tuner shops could do the job. Dealers use their go-to bodyshops unless they have a paint booth on site which most don't.

There is some DIY instructions on the site but like you, I wouldn't be too inclined to DIY.

I would recommend Darwin at CarLab Motorsports in Santa Clara.

Someone in the classifieds is selling a M kit but it's already painted silver grey (good if your car is too). Also, if you are to shop in the classifieds or at the dealer, make sure you order PDC or non PDC depending on your ride (parking distance control).

Good Luck.
Old 11-08-2006, 04:13 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Yeah, if you want to do it by a third party, check out www.carlabms.com. Darwin installed several kits for members of this forum include me, freed0m, millhouse24..etc... They're right off Trimble and 101.

Welcome to the forum btw! Any chance you get your car in time to drive down to San Luis Obispo next weekend for our E60 Meet? haha
Old 11-09-2006, 08:51 AM
Members

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='353924' date='Nov 8 2006, 05:13 PM
Yeah, if you want to do it by a third party, check out www.carlabms.com. Darwin installed several kits for members of this forum include me, freed0m, millhouse24..etc... They're right off Trimble and 101.

Welcome to the forum btw! Any chance you get your car in time to drive down to San Luis Obispo next weekend for our E60 Meet? haha
Thanks for the recommendation. I will visit to Carlab since I work a couple of exits up on 101. How well can a third party like Carlab match the color (BLK Saphire) of the car?
I wish I have my car for the trip to SLO. It's a beautiful little town (I went to school there). You guys should try to have dinner McLintock (in Pismo). It's a pretty cool place with good BBQ.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:03 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Build date 11/2005 options include: cold weather package/ convenience package/premium sound package/ sport package/sunshades/Navigation/ V3 cradle/ OE 166 wheels/M-tech upgrade/M rear spoiler/ racemesh m-tech grill/racemesh kidney grills/M5 mirrors/M5 steering wheel/ HID fog light conversion/ M5 SMG paddles

I had mine done at RJ's located in Pleasanton - they do a bunch of BMWs for the East Bay - they are in the same complex as Unitza - could not give them a higher recommendation...the finish was idenical to factory finish - it didnt even need a polish when it was put on the car...

ask for Ryan (owner).

Old 11-09-2006, 09:11 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by kxn530i07' post='354196' date='Nov 9 2006, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the recommendation. I will visit to Carlab since I work a couple of exits up on 101. How well can a third party like Carlab match the color (BLK Saphire) of the car?
I wish I have my car for the trip to SLO. It's a beautiful little town (I went to school there). You guys should try to have dinner McLintock (in Pismo). It's a pretty cool place with good BBQ.
Mine is black saphire also and CarLab did the paint and install. They actually did all the paint and installation for my whole kit, the trunk finisher, the ACS roof spoiler and ACS diffuser, and the Hamann splitter..... Awesome work. I might be going there today to get my V1 hardwired. If you're available maybe we can synch up a time to check out the place.

Tony
Old 11-09-2006, 09:23 AM
Contributors

ECF,

Shame on you that you have not had V1 hardwire for two years? Oh boy
Getting ready for a long drive, heh?
I'll see you next week, brother, and buy you some drink
Old 11-09-2006, 09:25 AM
Contributors