E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

LS430 Tried to Race Me

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 11:28 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545i, Steptronic, coldweather, comfort seats, Logic 7, front/rear seat heaters, navigation. sirius

Originally Posted by andy545' date='Mar 25 2005, 02:49 PM
Can't win them all!!
[snapback]106648[/snapback]
Especially not that one!
Old 03-25-2005, 11:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 e60 M5 Replica Titanium Silver Premium Package Premium Sound Package Adaptive Xenon's Apple iPhone cell interactive pared with iDrive Bluetooth setting 19 inch BMW OEM 166M rims, Michelin tires Sprint Booster - V2 Fidelity / BMW Extended Warranty 7 year / 100,000 miles

Originally Posted by derrickj' date='Mar 25 2005, 02:29 PM
I had one of those BMW experiences today that simply confirms the feeling that everyday driving creates.? A guy in a white LS430 kept trying to get me to race with him.? I had come up from behind and him and was going to pass him, when he suddenly speed up.? He floored it so I thought he was just increasing his driving speed, which was ok with me. However, he immediately slows down again.? When I change lanes, he stays next to me and he starts "jumping" his car (excelarating and letting off repeatedly).? I giggle? ?? At this point, he has not seen those two little digits following the "5" on my trunklid.? I looked over at him, he punches it and I just let him go.? No contest, not worth the waste of gas.? I get behind him and we come up to a light.? This guy starts smoking his tires at the light and looks in the rear view mirror.? This time I smile and nod and mouth "OK". ?? Light turns green, he nails it, I nail it and pass him from BEHIND ??

I had seriously considered the LS430 for all the luxury and realiability and this was just the icing on the cake that I had made the right decision.? So if you can find another sucker out there in an LS430, feel free to toy with him all you want, he doesnt stand a chance
[snapback]106599[/snapback]
Old 03-25-2005, 11:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 e60 M5 Replica Titanium Silver Premium Package Premium Sound Package Adaptive Xenon's Apple iPhone cell interactive pared with iDrive Bluetooth setting 19 inch BMW OEM 166M rims, Michelin tires Sprint Booster - V2 Fidelity / BMW Extended Warranty 7 year / 100,000 miles

Originally Posted by derrickj' date='Mar 25 2005, 02:29 PM
I had one of those BMW experiences today that simply confirms the feeling that everyday driving creates.? A guy in a white LS430 kept trying to get me to race with him.? I had come up from behind and him and was going to pass him, when he suddenly speed up.? He floored it so I thought he was just increasing his driving speed, which was ok with me. However, he immediately slows down again.? When I change lanes, he stays next to me and he starts "jumping" his car (excelarating and letting off repeatedly).? I giggle? ?? At this point, he has not seen those two little digits following the "5" on my trunklid.? I looked over at him, he punches it and I just let him go.? No contest, not worth the waste of gas.? I get behind him and we come up to a light.? This guy starts smoking his tires at the light and looks in the rear view mirror.? This time I smile and nod and mouth "OK". ?? Light turns green, he nails it, I nail it and pass him from BEHIND ??

I had seriously considered the LS430 for all the luxury and realiability and this was just the icing on the cake that I had made the right decision.? So if you can find another sucker out there in an LS430, feel free to toy with him all you want, he doesnt stand a chance
[snapback]106599[/snapback]
================================================== ===

Hi derrickj:

What about us little Bimmer guys in our little 530i's, that could not afford the "big boy" 545i's

Tell me do we stand a chance against the: LS430? (LOL???)

Presley348
Old 03-25-2005, 11:48 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 "Stripper" Now C6 "Stripper"
Cool

LS 430, new or old GS430, SC430 no problemo.

These Lexus guys almost always have a hard on for us BMW guys. :winkcool:

I was at a gas station filling up when a guy in a Lexus IS300 pulled in to fill up.
He happened to be at the adjacent pump and was raving about how Lexus was so much better than Acura, BMW etc and that he was a Lexus salesman.

His head was so swollen that while pulling out of the station he bottomed out and was stuck on the curb!

The poor guy didn't use the driveway cutouts of the gas station and was dangling almost a foot from the pavement.

Yeah, i didn't forget to finish my post, i was called away for a moment!
Old 03-25-2005, 12:03 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

His head was so swollen that while pulling out of the station
[snapback]106682[/snapback]
[/quote]

.... he forgot to finish his post
Old 03-25-2005, 12:24 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i - 6 speed manual (July 04 build), silver-grey/black, sports package std equipment (18", active roll, active steering, adaptive headlights), premium sound, bluetooth enabled, folding rear seat, lumbar, 3m hood/bumper protective film, rear tint, euro reflectors.

I get some of the same S#@T from allot of different cars on the road. Being this is my first BMW, I know the feeling of being on the other side of the fence.

For people who really care - it is the jealousy of not having the whole package. You don't have to even race to have already won.

Yes, a new Shelby Mustang will give you a run off the line, but don't try to turn it, or stop it. A Vette could handle the turns, but don't try to enjoy a comfortable ride. The Lexus/Acura/Infinity - nice reliable cars and some of them do have adequite power, but will never handle the curves. A Caddy CTS with the vette engine - lots of power but no balance and the steering system sucks.

Most are nice, but can't hold a candle to a German engineering for driveability. It is not their forte'.

530/525 guys who really care. Debadge, put on larger meats, then just smile and say "you aren't worth my time"!
Old 03-25-2005, 12:44 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by jsal' date='Mar 25 2005, 05:24 PM
I get some of the same S#@T from allot of different cars on the road.? Being this is my first BMW, I know the feeling of being on the other side of the fence.

For people who really care - it is the jealousy of not having the whole package.? You don't have to even race to have already won.

Yes, a new Shelby Mustang will give you a run off the line, but don't try to turn it, or stop it.? A Vette could handle the turns, but don't try to enjoy a comfortable ride.? The Lexus/Acura/Infinity - nice reliable cars and some of them do have adequite power, but will never handle the curves.? A Caddy CTS with the vette engine - lots of power but no balance and the steering system sucks.?

Most are nice, but can't hold a candle to a German engineering for driveability.? It is not their forte'.

530/525 guys who really care.? Debadge, put on larger meats, then just smile and say "you aren't worth my time"!
[snapback]106692[/snapback]

Hi jsal:

. . . that's all well and good what you think about us 530i's, but now tell me: how about the 545i Vs M5 guys? (Jk LOL)

Presley348
Old 03-25-2005, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Presley348' date='Mar 25 2005, 04:44 PM
[quote name='jsal' date='Mar 25 2005, 05:24 PM']I get some of the same S#@T from allot of different cars on the road.? Being this is my first BMW, I know the feeling of being on the other side of the fence.

For people who really care - it is the jealousy of not having the whole package.? You don't have to even race to have already won.

Yes, a new Shelby Mustang will give you a run off the line, but don't try to turn it, or stop it.? A Vette could handle the turns, but don't try to enjoy a comfortable ride.? The Lexus/Acura/Infinity - nice reliable cars and some of them do have adequite power, but will never handle the curves.? A Caddy CTS with the vette engine - lots of power but no balance and the steering system sucks.?

Most are nice, but can't hold a candle to a German engineering for driveability.? It is not their forte'.

530/525 guys who really care.? Debadge, put on larger meats, then just smile and say "you aren't worth my time"!
[snapback]106692[/snapback]

In the UK I get raced all the time by Audi A4 1.9TD's and Lexus 200's. Hmmm ?

Hi jsal:

. . . that's all well and good what you think about us 530i's, but now tell me: how about the 545i Vs M5 guys? (Jk LOL)

Presley348
[snapback]106696[/snapback]
[/quote]
Old 03-25-2005, 01:02 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i - 6 speed manual (July 04 build), silver-grey/black, sports package std equipment (18", active roll, active steering, adaptive headlights), premium sound, bluetooth enabled, folding rear seat, lumbar, 3m hood/bumper protective film, rear tint, euro reflectors.

Hi jsal:

Presley348
[snapback]106696[/snapback]
[/quote]

Good point. Are we talking E39 M5 or E60 M5?

For the E39 M5 you are at least within the ball park. He has you on accel, but I think you have him in corners and class. There was a posting by somebody who has an E39 M5 and a E60 545. He stated that he liked the 545 better and the M5 sat in the garage. So, you know he is looking at you thinking "Nice Car". We are talking about mutual respect. If you really want to be a sleeper and piss him off - Super Charge!

The E60 M5 - you probably have another year before you will ever see one on the road and have to worry about it. And then, it will be few and far between. Although I love BMW, when you start talking about spending that kind of coin, you really have to look at what else is on the market. So, I don't think you will see alot of them like you see M3's.

However, when you do, suck it up, swallow hard and give him (or her so I don't offend anyone) a thumbs ups and just think what that extra 20-30k is doing for you in the bank.

No matter what, there is alway someone faster on the road.
Old 03-25-2005, 01:18 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545 silver / black

I entertained the thought of the GS before getting my last e39. The dealer experience at Lexus was such a delight, great service, a weekend long test drive and competitive pricing that got better and better. Compared to the BMW dealer ( will not name publicly) who hardly made themselves available so I can get in a five minute test drive and then offered to do me a favor knocking $500 off the price.

At the end-of-the-day the BMW won in spite of the dealer. The problem with Lexus is that IMO its all on the surface. No purpose to the car, no essence and thus no passion.

Dave

Quick Reply: LS430 Tried to Race Me