E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Love the strength of BMW

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 03:01 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hooch999
I am repeating myself: there is no such thing as certified BMW collision center regardless of BS BMW USA is pushing.
I dealt with one so called "center" to remove curb rush from an original BMW wheel - those morons not even using BMW paint, it's different color/shade and started to peel off in one week.
The only "certified" part is the money they charge, it's twice over market rate.
The "certification" scam (CPO cars and collision centers) that BMW markets in this country is what turned me off from the brand already.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion. Yours is based on your own personal experience - And from the posts you've added since you've joined the forum your BMW experienced seems pretty horrible. Happily, my experience, over more than 25 years of BMW ownership, is very different

That said, I wish you well with whatever other "brand" meets your expectations and standards
Old 02-16-2011, 03:20 PM
Members

My Ride: 06 530i

I just spoke to my insurance adjuster and she was telling me all this information about "total loss claims". I asked her why she was telling me all that information and she said when the airbag deploys, it becomes extra expensive to fix, like 4-5k more, and that kind of impact especially on the freeway will usually have some sort of frame damage. So most likely, it would end of being a "total loss". But still no word from the actual body shop though.
Old 02-16-2011, 03:28 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by shadyx1
I just spoke to my insurance adjuster and she was telling me all this information about "total loss claims". I asked her why she was telling me all that information and she said when the airbag deploys, it becomes extra expensive to fix, like 4-5k more, and that kind of impact especially on the freeway will usually have some sort of frame damage. So most likely, it would end of being a "total loss". But still no word from the actual body shop though.
Good luck working out the settlement with your insurance company. You're probably better off shopping for and getting into another 5'er than dealing with the time and challenges of getting your car back to it's pre-accident condition. It's a great time to shop for pre-owned BMWs and not having to haggle over the trade-in value of your car.
Old 02-16-2011, 03:35 PM
Members

You're better off with a total write off. You'll probably get more than you could ever sell the car on your own and you'll be able to buy a newer car.
Old 02-16-2011, 03:38 PM
Members

Originally Posted by sholaesq
You're better off with a total write off. You'll probably get more than you could ever sell the car on your own and you'll be able to buy a newer car.
Low key I'm hoping it ends up being a total loss. I always think after an accident, cars aren't the same anymore. Plus, like you said, new(er) car time
Old 02-16-2011, 03:43 PM
Members

My Ride: F10 535i: Jet Black, Black Dakota leather, Sport Auto, Cold Weather, Driver Assistance, Driver Assistance Plus, Dynamic Handling, Luxury Seating, M Sport, Premium, Technology, Rear Sunshades, Auto High Beams, BMW Assist w/enhanced BT and USB.

I know it's not really the same as your car is much newer, but end of 2009 somebody slammed into the side of my 01 530i. It didn't really look too bad, and I was hoping for a fix, but the insurance company said that based on the fact that the airbags had deployed meant that it would most likely be totalled. I was devastated!!! The car only had 30k miles and in was in excellent condition - I babied that car........

Long story short, I got $17K from my insurance company, and purchased a low mileage '08 550i, and couldn't be happier. Sometimes something good does come out of something sad.

I wish you luck and hope you get yourself something you'll love..........

My old girl!

Old 02-16-2011, 05:38 PM
Contributors

Glad everybody came out okay. For a while was wondering why only silver/grey e60s.

Oil on the freeway is scarry...no traction once it gets on tires. Southern California freeways are built on valleys. Rain water runoffs naturally wants to gather there. Being in the middle lanes does help avoid the puddles of water on the sides somewhat. But only so much.

BMWs are good at protecting people. And surprisingly their wallets too.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:54 PM
Senior Members

Did the airbags go off? Also Bluebook wont be in play they'll use fair market value. But if airbags went off then they will scrap the car unfortunately .
Old 02-16-2011, 08:42 PM
Members

Originally Posted by RootKit
Glad everybody came out okay. For a while was wondering why only silver/grey e60s.
I just noticed the few people that replied with accident stories have grey e60's. hmmm... maybe the color makes it more accident prone lol
Old 02-16-2011, 09:05 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '08 530i Luxury LCI

The reason why the insurance company is going to "total" your car, is because the majority of the front of our E60 is build by aluminum ... it's very expensive to get it fixed.

Quick Reply: Love the strength of BMW