E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Love the strength of BMW

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 09:12 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hope your deductible is low and hope you have GAP. The car is fixable but insurance probably wont do it. I wanna say close to 10G's in labor, paint and parts but if you use non oem replacement parts it might be cheaper. A 06 530 with high milage probably around the same in value keep us posted!
Old 02-16-2011, 10:45 AM
Members

My Ride: 06 530i

Originally Posted by 525iEnjoy
hope your deductible is low and hope you have GAP. The car is fixable but insurance probably wont do it. I wanna say close to 10G's in labor, paint and parts but if you use non oem replacement parts it might be cheaper. A 06 530 with high milage probably around the same in value keep us posted!
T have a $500 deductible, full coverage. Car is paid off. The rep at the shop said from his previous experience, just by looking at the car, it wouldn't be a total loss. But he said he won't know until they take apart the car. Blue book for same year, mileage, condition and options was around 21k. I should be getting a call soon letting me know the cost of damage and what the insurance company will do.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:00 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by shadyx1
T have a $500 deductible, full coverage. Car is paid off. The rep at the shop said from his previous experience, just by looking at the car, it wouldn't be a total loss. But he said he won't know until they take apart the car. Blue book for same year, mileage, condition and options was around 21k. I should be getting a call soon letting me know the cost of damage and what the insurance company will do.
Thats great. In regards to the damage yea they do it in layers and show the adjuster their findings. If theres 21K in the car then I would say 40% chance it gets totaled thats if the repair bill stays under 10K
Old 02-16-2011, 11:20 AM
jgt
Contributors

My Ride: E60
Model Year: 2006
Engine: N52

Originally Posted by mookish
TOTAL LOSS

This happened to my 545i and they took one look and wrote me a check.

They totaled that? 0_o
What insurance company do you have? I think I may just switch if they pay out like that.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:48 AM
Members

My Ride: 550i

Originally Posted by luigi524td
If it's determined there is sub-frame damage best to have a certified BMW collision center look it over and (possibly) repair it.
Yeah, except there is no such thing as "certified" BMW collision center - whoever claims "certification" is pushing BS.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:51 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550i SA M-Sport Package

Originally Posted by jgt
They totaled that? 0_o
What insurance company do you have? I think I may just switch if they pay out like that.
Well in this case, it was the other guy's fault, he ran a stop sign. He had State Farm. I thought....new bumper...M-Tech , new headlight and new hood and I'm back in business. WRONG, they said the the frame was damaged and that was it. I didn't argue, I made about $7K, I only had the 545 for 4 months at the time.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:52 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by hooch999
Yeah, except there is no such thing as "certified" BMW collision center - whoever claims "certification" is pushing BS.
I see you're a newcomer ... so I'll be gentle

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...C/Default.aspx
Old 02-16-2011, 01:13 PM
Members

My Ride: 550i

Originally Posted by luigi524td
I see you're a newcomer ... so I'll be gentle

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...C/Default.aspx
I am repeating myself: there is no such thing as certified BMW collision center regardless of BS BMW USA is pushing.
I dealt with one so called "center" to remove curb rush from an original BMW wheel - those morons not even using BMW paint, it's different color/shade and started to peel off in one week.
The only "certified" part is the money they charge, it's twice over market rate.
The "certification" scam (CPO cars and collision centers) that BMW markets in this country is what turned me off from the brand already.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:10 PM
Members

Originally Posted by mookish
Well in this case, it was the other guy's fault, he ran a stop sign. He had State Farm. I thought....new bumper...M-Tech , new headlight and new hood and I'm back in business. WRONG, they said the the frame was damaged and that was it. I didn't argue, I made about $7K, I only had the 545 for 4 months at the time.
LOL, the same thing happened to me. I had a 545i for 4 months and some guy ran a stop sign and they totaled it. I had a bent frame and it was going to cost $24k to fix. They paid me about $9k more than I paid for the car.

Old 02-16-2011, 02:13 PM
Members

Originally Posted by hooch999
I am repeating myself: there is no such thing as certified BMW collision center regardless of BS BMW USA is pushing.
I dealt with one so called "center" to remove curb rush from an original BMW wheel - those morons not even using BMW paint, it's different color/shade and started to peel off in one week.
The only "certified" part is the money they charge, it's twice over market rate.
The "certification" scam (CPO cars and collision centers) that BMW markets in this country is what turned me off from the brand already.
The idea is that if the car is fixed at a certified center, BMW will honor any remaining warranty on it.

Quick Reply: Love the strength of BMW