E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Los Angeles Potholes

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 12:15 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 08' 550i monaco blue m sports package cold weather package heads up display automatic =/

So I was driving Southbound on Sepulveda blvd between Howard hughes and 77th street and struck a ridculously huge pothole. It destroyed my front right tire, I called the police who came and took a report and put some cones out in front of the pothole before leaving.

They told me theres a possibility of the city paying for damages. Has anyone else gone through this process, or perhaps even conme across this same pothole?

Please let me know what can be done. My 550i is on a donut right now, and it just looks sad.
Attached Thumbnails Los Angeles Potholes-2012-03-28_21-43-18_274.jpg  
Old 03-29-2012, 02:29 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530d

https://5series.net/forums/topic/117...thole-vs-wheel
[font="'Comic Sans MS"]
[/font]
[font="'Comic Sans MS"]There are a few more stories on the forum, just use the search function...[/font]
Old 03-29-2012, 02:41 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: coilvers retrofits
Model Year: 2001 and 2011

good luck! take lots of pics, dealing with cal trans is a pain, i havn't seen a dime from them. but i heard dealing with the city is a little easier.

i ended up fixing my wheel for $80...a week later i hit another hole and bent that one too. in all i didnt end up paying too much but my "estimates" from shops before i found a repair place where at the 400 mark. geez.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:10 PM
Members

Originally Posted by wolfs103
So I was driving Southbound on Sepulveda blvd between Howard hughes and 77th street and struck a ridculously huge pothole. It destroyed my front right tire, I called the police who came and took a report and put some cones out in front of the pothole before leaving.

They told me theres a possibility of the city paying for damages. Has anyone else gone through this process, or perhaps even conme across this same pothole?

Please let me know what can be done. My 550i is on a donut right now, and it just looks sad.
That looks like it's within the Los Angeles city limits, so you're dealing with their Bureau of Street Services, under the Public Works Department - a black hole, partly because they've let things go for so many years... It's less of a bitch to get service if you reside within the city limits, as residents can get help from their councilmember...

Good Luck!
Old 04-02-2012, 04:15 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

It's a tad morbid, but any pix of the bent wheel?
Old 04-03-2012, 12:55 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 AW N52 with sports package & premium package; natural brown interior MODs: Orion V2s 3000K H8 Yellow Fogs Matte Black Kidney Grills 20" Miro 111 Hankook V12 Tires H&R Sport Springs Special coding via Simon (dbl flash hazards, digital velocity, etc.) LED Side Markers from Trinity Autosports LED License Plate Lights from Trinity Autosports Carbon Delete BMC Air Filter RPI Scoop RPI GT Exhaust Future MODs: Mtech Kit KW Variant 2 Coilovers CIC Retrofit Upgrade Audio System

That truly sucks. Good luck with getting things resolved with the City.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

That looks something you would find in NY/NJ or Northeast. Didn't know the west coast has to deal with stuff like that too.

Sorry to hear about it, hope you get it fixed and paid for quickly.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:35 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i - Steptronic - Logic 7 - Sirius Satellite - CD Changer - Cold Weather Pkg.- Fold Down Rear Seats - Comfort Seats Mods: Dinan CAI - RPI dual intake scoops - Euro AHL Bi-Xenons - LED Angels,
Model Year: 2004

The L A Mayor, Villegarosa on 1070 AM several times over the years said he was going to repair all the pot holes and wanted everyone to report where bad ones are located. So much for promises from a Democrat when the city is broke from their failed policy and overpaying public union employees. :thumbsdown: I bent my 20's on a bad pot hole, and bad gouge up on the wheel spokes, well really was a 2 foot deep hole that my car bottomed out on around Beverly Hills. Didn't try to call the city on this as I was lost and in the dark couldn't see the road signs ?? If I got out of the car to take a photo I probably would have been jacked or worse! $600 bucks to have all 4 wheels unbent and new paint. So after about 4 years of driving mostly in O C's better roads than L A, the wheel guy said all 4 of my wheels were bent somewhat, especially the one that hit that hole. So is just part of maintenance costs. I still have my OEM 17" wheels, wonder how much I could get for them?
Old 04-08-2012, 12:15 AM
Members

Originally Posted by B_Schnell
The L A Mayor, Villegarosa on 1070 AM several times over the years said he was going to repair all the pot holes and wanted everyone to report where bad ones are located. So much for promises from a Democrat when the city is broke from their failed policy and overpaying public union employees. :thumbsdown: I bent my 20's on a bad pot hole, and bad gouge up on the wheel spokes, well really was a 2 foot deep hole that my car bottomed out on around Beverly Hills. Didn't try to call the city on this as I was lost and in the dark couldn't see the road signs ?? If I got out of the car to take a photo I probably would have been jacked or worse! $600 bucks to have all 4 wheels unbent and new paint. So after about 4 years of driving mostly in O C's better roads than L A, the wheel guy said all 4 of my wheels were bent somewhat, especially the one that hit that hole. So is just part of maintenance costs. I still have my OEM 17" wheels, wonder how much I could get for them?

Bradley didn't fix a single street while mayor - Riordan fixed some of the majors, but lost his re-election bid. Villeragossa's done nothing but pose. Pasadena and the surrounding cities have got their problems, but nowhere near the mess that's LA...