E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Looking to buy my first BMW!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 01:55 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Epic
Old 06-12-2008, 02:15 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

Welcome to the forums! I must commend you for being an informed shopper. Rather than relying on some magazine review, you've chosen to query actual owners about what features and qualities are important to maximize your ownership experience. That places you worlds ahead of most shoppers. From prestige to performance, BMW is legendary. Keep us posted on your decision!
Old 06-12-2008, 03:40 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 530d M Sport, Carbon Black, Black half leather

Thanks for the warm welcome all! Im supprised a forum like this doesnt charge for its services (Im glade its free on the other hand

Originally Posted by E60freak' post='601130
Welcome.

Make sure its under warranty. If filling up gas is an issue, luxury cars are not for you.

Please update your information so that we know where you are located.
Regarding the filling up.. the Supra did 15mpg avg... so the BMW will be like a tesco value kinda fill up lol so def not a problem there

Originally Posted by melimel' post='601455
Welcome to the forums! I must commend you for being an informed shopper. Rather than relying on some magazine review, you've chosen to query actual owners about what features and qualities are important to maximize your ownership experience. That places you worlds ahead of most shoppers. From prestige to performance, BMW is legendary. Keep us posted on your decision!
Thanks, many times i have seen members get anoyed with new people who dont make the most of that trusty "search" Option.. But i try as much as i can.. Some things jus need a general view hence why im posting now
Old 06-14-2008, 10:20 AM
Members

My Ride: May 2008 530D "M" package Exclusive line.

Welcome to the forum.
Driving the 530D manual is realy funny and amazing. Great choice
Old 06-14-2008, 02:34 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by kiwistu' post='601434' date='Jun 12 2008, 09:26 PM
Hi

I owned a 5 series in london - it was cool, especially on the roads around Sullsberry (sorry for the spelling!) "A" roads + roundabouts, nice.

Make sure you get the M-Kit exterior (if you don't have it you'll want it) and the biggest M wheels (I like OEM ones) you can, see if you can get the dealer to put on / swap some 172's on to the car. (again if you don't get them 1st up you'll want those too).

Best things about my car, the active steering, angel eyes, sport steering wheel, cell phone integration....if you can find one with all this stuff (well I would be) happy from day one, and then you can start planning the path to the M5...

Just my 5p

Cheers
Stu
indeed my answer too mate,im in london woodford and trust what the man said is 100% true, you have to get the M sport kit for sure, the minium, if you dont mate, you gna want to................

anyhow lots of Manuals around for that money, even autos also, depends how much mileage and age, mines a 2006 56 model and i got i remapped, and on average i get around 38-42 mpg, even better on motorways, even at 75/80

go for the 530d, or if you a bit more torque then the 535d, eco then 520d even

good luck anyhow fella.!
Old 06-15-2008, 05:45 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 530d M Sport, Carbon Black, Black half leather

Thanks all

Yeah im not a fan of the SE my self and would have to be an M Sport at the lowest... theres a company that does M5 Convertions of just the body and they have a few for sale at around ?18,000 and there like 530d and 525d so may well get one from them...

Iv noticed theres alot of toys to be had. but what are the main things i should be looking at getting? are all iDrives the same? And if i get a crap one can i upgrade at my will in the future