E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking to buy my first BMW!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 05:29 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530d M Sport, Carbon Black, Black half leather

Right, well as this is my first post ill introduce my self at the same time

Im Rob, im 22 and looking to get a 530d M Sport. Did have a Toyota Supra but unfortunatly thats now gone and im in the middle of an insurance claim.

So! Im going half practical! Working in and around London i see alot of the 5 Series about and only one word sums them up and thats "Pimp"

Firstly im looking to spend around ?18k to get a Manaul 530d M Sport.. after taking a test drive at BMW they dealer said that that sounds like a good price for a manual as the Autos tend to cost abit more.

What things should i be looking out for? I want a black model with black leather and trim.. New to BMW's im not to sure on the key things to think about etc.. The Supra was a pig to fill up every other day and also mainternance wasnt your best friend either.

Anyways i hope this forums as welcoming as the Supra forum and i look forward to learning more about my future car

Rob
Old 06-12-2008, 05:44 AM
Members

My Ride: 530i - Black on Black - Sport&Premium

Originally Posted by Epic' post='601117' date='Jun 12 2008, 09:29 AM

Im Rob, im 22 and looking to get a 530d M Sport. Did have a Toyota Supra but unfortunatly thats now gone and im in the middle of an insurance claim.

So! Im going half practical! Working in and around London i see alot of the 5 Series about and only one word sums them up and thats "Pimp"

Firstly im looking to spend around ?18k to get a Manaul 530d M Sport.. after taking a test drive at BMW they dealer said that that sounds like a good price for a manual as the Autos tend to cost abit more.

What things should i be looking out for? I want a black model with black leather and trim.. New to BMW's im not to sure on the key things to think about etc.. The Supra was a pig to fill up every other day and also mainternance wasnt your best friend either.

Anyways i hope this forums as welcoming as the Supra forum and i look forward to learning more about my future car

Rob
Hey Rob, welcome to the forum. You can updated your profile so people can know where about you live and better suggest you in the future.

I just bought my 530i and the feeling you have driving it is incredible. You will constantly see people looking at you (I am 23) and you know what they think "I wish I was in this car!". I might not be the best resource for technical stuff but I can tell you it is 100% worth your money!

Have fun driving
Old 06-12-2008, 07:24 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Definatley get one, this is my first BMW, and I absolutely love it. I got it about 2 weeks ago. I get alot of looks myself(I'm 19), but thats not what I bought it for, just a bonus I guess. Try to get one with the lowest miles possible, and be sure to read all the neat features in the owners manual.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 DINAN 135 convertible

Welcome to the forums. You have made the right decision so far by looking here for information, of which there is much. As you may or may not know, the 530d engine is not available in the U.S., and some of the option packages are different for the UK and oustide the U.S., so some of us over here that would like to help you may not be able to.

Luckily, there is a good contingent on here from the UK, and hopefully one of them can assist. I have a manual in my car after having the auto in my old 323, and I much prefer driving a manual. I think I would prefer it more with a CDV delete and a SSK, but those will come in time.

Welcome aboard.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:40 AM
Senior Members

Welcome.

Make sure its under warranty. If filling up gas is an issue, luxury cars are not for you.

Please update your information so that we know where you are located.
Old 06-12-2008, 08:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Rob, you're making the right choice, you'll LOVE your new BMW, till then, Enjoy the forums and start saving money for all the mods you will find necessary!!
Old 06-12-2008, 09:05 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i /w Sport pkg - SMG - Nav - Premium pkg - PDC - Ready to begin my modding! =)

Originally Posted by Epic' post='601117' date='Jun 12 2008, 07:29 AM

Rob
Rob,

to the forums, I have no doubt that if you decide to purchase an E60 you will find that you will love the car AND the fellowship on this board rewarding!!

I think more then anything above all what I hear from most folks be sure to find one that still has a warranty as these cars are expensive to repair, and you dont want pay for repairs, because once you buy one, its MOD city BABY!!!

Some of the good options you should consider is Logic 7, Navigation, and Sport Package to me those would be the tops!!!

Good luck and keep us posted!
Old 06-12-2008, 12:26 PM
Members

Hi

I owned a 5 series in london - it was cool, especially on the roads around Sullsberry (sorry for the spelling!) "A" roads + roundabouts, nice.

Make sure you get the M-Kit exterior (if you don't have it you'll want it) and the biggest M wheels (I like OEM ones) you can, see if you can get the dealer to put on / swap some 172's on to the car. (again if you don't get them 1st up you'll want those too).

Best things about my car, the active steering, angel eyes, sport steering wheel, cell phone integration....if you can find one with all this stuff (well I would be) happy from day one, and then you can start planning the path to the M5...

Just my 5p

Cheers
Stu
Old 06-12-2008, 12:35 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

welcome and enjoy the forums.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

THIS forum is way more welcoming then the Supra forum.. without a doubt..!

Quick Reply: Looking to buy my first BMW!!!