E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

look what the tow truck driver did to my car

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008 | 05:12 PM
ObD
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i 6MT

Sand it down, apply touchup paint, apply 3M handglaze to fill in the irregular surface, and wax. Wait till after they clean the roads in spring before repainting. No sense in doing it before winter has started.
Old 12-02-2008 | 05:59 PM
Members

Originally Posted by melimel' post='728470' date='Nov 22 2008, 12:30 PM
okay to everyone..greg.. as long as i look good in it.. john-u know it.lol.. ( im just busting em)

I cant stand this car.. lol.. i miss my baby! and rudy.. that video was hysterical! lol... chevy chase is the man...

funny thing is, im in the tow truck driver riding with him so i can get a loaner (had no-one to take me to dealer) and he keeps calling me a lovely girl..how nice i look.. blah blah blah.. in my head im thinking.."listen you dirty bastard, just stop your shit, shut the fu#k up and get me to my car!" lol.. was he for real?? lol.. and i had my kids with me!! crazy world..

anyways.. no news yet.. not even a phone call... not knowing is the worst

You posted this when ur car got towed. And i remembered it for some reason.

Think you should have be wary of the tow truck driver
Old 12-03-2008 | 04:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Week 17 Build, 2008 E60 535d M Sport - Titanium Silver, Black Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Automatic gearbox, Steering Wheel Heating, M Double Spoke 172 19" Mixed Wheels, Auto-Dim+Exterior Mirror, Comfort seats, Front Seat Heating, Aluminium Pentan interior trim,DAB Tuner, TV Function, BMW Individual Audio System 825W !!

Any news from your 'friendly disscusion' with your S/A??

Tow truck driver definitely needs reporting... need to make notes of dates and time of day etc when you've seen him around... best to play it on the safe side
Old 12-04-2008 | 01:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i with Sport Pkg, Nav, HUD, Cold Weather Pkg, Rear Shades

Looks like we share the same fate.

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=37342

Photo (almost identical a few posts down).

Got about $500 back from the AAA (and not the towing company) since they are part of the BMW Roadside Assist.
Old 12-04-2008 | 01:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Sorry to see this melimel

Even a dork can take that small plate off, without ruining it.

Or can they nor will they :thumbsdown:

For some loosers, it's so nice to destroy anything
Old 12-04-2008 | 01:57 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

A new plug will solve half the problem, maybe "borrow" one from your dealer ............. the other part can be remolded with a hot air gun and with a little touch up paint !! Good Luck !!
Old 12-04-2008 | 02:13 PM
Senior Members

There is a law saying that as soon as tow truck drivers touch your car, they are reponsible for any and all damages. I would press charges and get those repairs completed on his tab.
Old 12-04-2008 | 02:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

heres an update.. Listen to the crap I had to go through.. first I called the dealer.. spoke to my S/A, he told me hes real sorry and Id have to call BMW roadside assistance.. :thumbsdown: So I do.. Then she tells me that I have to call the towing company.. :thumbsdown: Which by the way I had the name wrong.. Its Backdraft Towing and Recovery.. I had my husband call, because honestly I think if I did.. my mouth wouldnt be very nice.. and something in my head told me to let him handle this..

When he spoke to the company, the driver knew exactly what he had did.. Apparantly BMW already put in a claim with the towing company cause he knew about it.. Anyways, he said he knew where it was and that he doesnt have any insurance claims against him and would like to keep it that way.. SO hes meeting my husband here at my house tonight to "talk" and look it over.. Bottom line to me is that he knows what he did before we said it.. he doesnt want to go through insurance, neither do I.. and I hope my husband "rapes" (and i know thats a bad word im using but I dont care right now) him for all the money I need to fix it.. To me he works for BMW ROADSIDE.. he KNOWS HOW TO HOOK UP THOSE TOW HITCHES! IT SHOULDNT HAVE HAPPENED.. needless to say.. I did put on my sprintbooster, so that helped my already CRAPPY day Ive been having sorry to vent... I really am, and I dont like to complain, but lately I feel like im getting $%^&$% all around.. Ill update again when this asswipe leaves here
Old 12-04-2008 | 02:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

Originally Posted by melimel' post='738068' date='Dec 4 2008, 06:24 PM
heres an update.. Listen to the crap I had to go through.. first I called the dealer.. spoke to my S/A, he told me hes real sorry and Id have to call BMW roadside assistance.. :thumbsdown: So I do.. Then she tells me that I have to call the towing company.. :thumbsdown: Which by the way I had the name wrong.. Its Backdraft Towing and Recovery.. I had my husband call, because honestly I think if I did.. my mouth wouldnt be very nice.. and something in my head told me to let him handle this..

When he spoke to the company, the driver knew exactly what he had did.. Apparantly BMW already put in a claim with the towing company cause he knew about it.. Anyways, he said he knew where it was and that he doesnt have any insurance claims against him and would like to keep it that way.. SO hes meeting my husband here at my house tonight to "talk" and look it over.. Bottom line to me is that he knows what he did before we said it.. he doesnt want to go through insurance, neither do I.. and I hope my husband "rapes" (and i know thats a bad word im using but I dont care right now) him for all the money I need to fix it.. To me he works for BMW ROADSIDE.. he KNOWS HOW TO HOOK UP THOSE TOW HITCHES! IT SHOULDNT HAVE HAPPENED.. needless to say.. I did put on my sprintbooster, so that helped my already CRAPPY day Ive been having sorry to vent... I really am, and I dont like to complain, but lately I feel like im getting $%^&$% all around.. Ill update again when this asswipe leaves here

Spoken like a true Lady !! go get 'em Mel !!
Old 12-04-2008 | 02:34 PM
Senior Members

sorry to hear that girl

hopefully it gets fixed

Quick Reply: look what the tow truck driver did to my car