E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

look what the tow truck driver did to my car

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 04:42 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

i didnt see it till a few days later cause of the rain.. but he must have done this when he was loading my car onto the flatbed when the fan went... Then to top it off.. im on my porch one day last week.. and who drives down my block?.. (whom ive never, EVER seen before!! not even in my neighborhood) the tow truck driver in his flatbed..he waves to my son who notices him before me, but i found this disturbingly creepy and now im putting my car in the garage every single time now.. i dont need a "joe" incident.. i guess im "fuc#ed with this scratch now.. I do have a few chips that ive been looking to fix anyways.. but im disgusted.. i swear every single time i get my car back from the dealer there is something done to my front bumper..

my question is can i fix all these little chips and that blob he did to my car without having the whole bumper sprayed? i need my car daily and im not sure how to go about this.. thanks guys.. Mel

sorry the car is dirty, roads are still wet
Attached Thumbnails look what the tow truck driver did to my car-pissed_off.jpg  
Old 12-02-2008, 05:05 AM
Contributors

geez, what did the prick use, a crow bar? wtf?! sorry to hear mel... you might be able to sand the high spot down and use some touch up. good luck
Old 12-02-2008, 05:07 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Ouch isnt there a tool in the tool box to remove that cover? Maybe I'm imagining things. But that sucks sorry to see.
Old 12-02-2008, 05:14 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Stupid idiot... the tow truck driver!

Sooooooooooooo unprofessional.

He should know how to open it!

Press in and down on the arrow... and it's easy to open.
Unbelievable he tried to open it with a screwdriver.
And it doesn't work that way either...

What an idiot...

Mel, this is clearly because he tried opening it with a screwdriver, wich is highly unprofessional, as I allready said.
I assume you called the dealer, and they sent the tow truck. So, make your dealer responsible and tell him to fix it!
It is CLEARLY from trying to open it with a screwdriver!

They have to fix it, since it's their fault sending someone who isn't familiar with BMW!
Old 12-02-2008, 05:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Sucks Mel. Sorry to hear about this recent addition to your troubles.

Btw, as a word of precaution, did you happen to get the tow-truck driver's name and license plate? He sounds a bit creepy driving back around the neighborhood.
Old 12-02-2008, 05:18 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

I concur. You should definitely hold your dealer responsible for the damage and let them fix it whichever way they see fit. It would make sense to spray the whole bumper and get rid of the other issues. Sorry you're going through this.
Old 12-02-2008, 05:32 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 BMW 525I/TITANIUM SILVER METALLIC/GREY LEATHER INTERIOR/EURO RED REFLECTORS/20% TINT/EURO STICKER/BMW CCA STICKER

Wow. What a douchebag. Last time I Had a tow...the guy was extremely nice. Like overly nice.
Old 12-02-2008, 05:33 AM
Senior Members

WTF!! so sorry to hear about this Mel. These dealers are really a PITA and don't give a shit about ones vehicle
Old 12-02-2008, 05:54 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by Senza007' post='735758' date='Dec 2 2008, 03:32 PM
Wow. What a douchebag. Last time I Had a tow...the guy was extremely nice. Like overly nice.

That's how it should be!

Whenever I tow someones car I treat it like it was mine!
And the driver/owner is in a terrible mood, since he just had an accident or the car just broke down, so I have to be extremely nice to them... They are allready in a bad mood, and my job is to tow the car and get them in a better mood, since they're now beeing helped...
It makes me really angry when I see how unprofessional some guys are in this business.

I myself even try to NOT put any damage on a WRECK when I have to tow a car after a severe accident...
Old 12-02-2008, 05:55 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i /w Sport pkg - SMG - Nav - Premium pkg - PDC - Ready to begin my modding! =)

Sorry to hear about that Mel.....that really blows! I have a small knick in my driver front rim because of tow truck driver towed me (of course i was parked in parking garage illegally, but thats besides the point ) Anyway, nobody is going to care about your car more then you, I almost alwasy NEVER valet my car, just becuase I dont want some stranger in my ride!

Anyway to asnwer your questions it might be hard to repair that knick 100% w/o actually seeing it when your done, but as unknown said you can lightly sand it and use touch up on that as well as your rock chips. Its a little bit of a pain in the butt, but you will need to degrease the area (as well as your rock chips) then come back in with a small amount of filler, sand, then come back with the touch up paint, then wet sand. Afterward you can lay some wax on it. Its kind of a delicate process but it can be done. Its just a matter or how many rock chips you are talking about and how much time you want to put into it.

If its say 5 or 6 chips plus the tow cover go ahead and repair it, however if you are always driving behind a dump trucks in NYC, go head and have the front re-sprayed if its bothering you that much, maybe $400 or less.

Good luck girl!

Quick Reply: look what the tow truck driver did to my car