E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Logic7 should be standard on the 545i

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 06:58 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeffs' date='Jul 12 2005, 10:07 AM
[quote name='JG996' date='Jul 12 2005, 12:41 PM']What a wonderful little marketing ploy BMW has - its called exclusivity.? Charging more than what many think its worth.? Funny how they still sell so many cars though.

The absolute worst audio system in a car ever though belongs to Porsche.? I paid for the hi-fi system and the sound quality in that car is comparable to a hand held Radio Shack? $9.95 special.
[snapback]148291[/snapback]
Which Porsche did you drive? I had a Cayenne S with the Bose sound system and it sounds great, compatible with the 545 logic 7.....and I still think both systems are awesome.
[snapback]148309[/snapback]
[/quote]

Unfortunately I bot my Carrera before the bose system was available, and I was still charged $1500 for the so called premium sound. I would have much rather spent the $1500 on an after market system had I known the factory system was such a POS.

The sound of my $1100 Fabspeed mufflers is far better than any stereo anyways.
Old 07-13-2005, 08:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i with everything

Originally Posted by MARCUS545' date='Jul 13 2005, 12:35 AM
The other thing i always here people yap about is the cup-holders.? Well I'm sure they might exist somewhere over in Europe but I didn't see any drive thru restaurants in Germany....and they just don't suck on Super Big Gulps while they drive. Something about eating lunch and going 120mph just don't mix.
[snapback]148578[/snapback]
You are perpetuating a common myth about why cup holders are popular in the US compared to Europe. I'ts not that we constantly are sucking back big drinks, it's that we don't take 2 hour lunches in the US. I don't have time to sit at the local tavern or go home for lunch. I eat lunch in my car, or while I'm working if I'm lucky to have lunch, like many Americans. That's why we need cupholders.
Old 07-13-2005, 01:10 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by subterFUSE' date='Jul 13 2005, 02:20 PM
Besides...? if those German engineers can build the "Ultimate Driving Machine",? which they can....? ? then how freakin' difficult is it to make a plastic ring that holds a cup of liquid?
[snapback]148634[/snapback]

Are you talking about the same guys who still can't enable MP3 playback, as if it was some strange, alien, new stuff???

Old 07-13-2005, 01:44 PM
Contributors

Every morning, cup of coffee in the cupholder and Logic7 playing CD or Sat - both work great for me.
Old 07-13-2005, 02:07 PM
Senior Members

guys stop complaining Your next car will be another bmw. There is no substitute for the mix of style, power and luxuary and the sporty reputation and liabilaty and qualety of the equipment.

Sure, some brand will make a better oem stereo, some other brand will make better cupholders but in the end your next car will be another bmw because ones you have driven one there is little other brands to look out for in the same classy and with the same mix of all of the above
Old 07-13-2005, 03:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545i Sport Auto (see sig)

Originally Posted by rodneyremington' date='Jul 13 2005, 09:02 AM
[quote name='MARCUS545' date='Jul 13 2005, 12:35 AM']The other thing i always here people yap about is the cup-holders.? Well I'm sure they might exist somewhere over in Europe but I didn't see any drive thru restaurants in Germany....and they just don't suck on Super Big Gulps while they drive. Something about eating lunch and going 120mph just don't mix.
[snapback]148578[/snapback]
You are perpetuating a common myth about why cup holders are popular in the US compared to Europe. I'ts not that we constantly are sucking back big drinks, it's that we don't take 2 hour lunches in the US. I don't have time to sit at the local tavern or go home for lunch. I eat lunch in my car, or while I'm working if I'm lucky to have lunch, like many Americans. That's why we need cupholders.
[snapback]148698[/snapback]
[/quote]

No 2 hour lunches? Speak for yourself. One of the advantages of a software job in the Valley...
Old 07-13-2005, 03:02 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545i Sport Auto (see sig)

Originally Posted by subterFUSE' date='Jul 13 2005, 05:20 AM
Germans may not use cupholders....

But BMW USA is BMW AG's largest freakin' customer....? so BMW should honestly try to at least make a reasonable effort to accomodate the US customers,? who DO like to drink while sitting in traffic.

Besides...? if those German engineers can build the "Ultimate Driving Machine",? which they can....? ? then how freakin' difficult is it to make a plastic ring that holds a cup of liquid?

Lastly....? shortly after I took delivery of my E60, I received a promo CD-ROM disc from BMW.? It was some various video footage about BMW, including a short interview with Chris Bangle.

Chris Bangle was discussing his inspiration behind his BMW designs.? The lines he loved, and why.? But the one thing he talked about more than any other aspect....? ? the cupholder in the 645, and how awesome it was.? He acted like it was the greatest achievement at BMW ever.

Absolutely laughable.
[snapback]148634[/snapback]
Is the holder in the 645 the same as the one in the E60? If so, then what planet is this guy from?
Old 07-13-2005, 06:20 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

Is the holder in the 645 the same as the one in the E60? If so, then what planet is this guy from?
No. It is different.

But the point is.... Chris Bangle was taking pride in what is most like BMW's worst competency. He talked more about the cupholder than anything else with the car. It was ridiculous.
Old 07-15-2005, 07:50 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by speedracerF4i' date='Jul 12 2005, 06:28 PM
At $65K everything should be standard.? Just look at Acura's RL pricing system, one price covers all: Nav, premium sound, leather, CD changer (in-dash), 4 wheel drive, key-less comfort access, PDC, perforated seat, seat warmer....etc.

However, if you look at it this way, almost everybody in the world are paying more for their 545 than us, then you'll feel much better.
[snapback]148287[/snapback]

Hey man, the Acura here in Europe is a Nissan (or is it Honda) with luxury. Who the heck would drive one??? And the same goes for Lexus and other kinky "Chinese" brands.
Old 07-15-2005, 07:52 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Be glad you don't have to purchase the car over here! You have to pay for almost everything as an extra! :bashwall:
[snapback]148574[/snapback]
[/quote]

In Finland my cars costs about 70.000 ? :'( (USD 84.550 or ? 48.000).

Quick Reply: Logic7 should be standard on the 545i