E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Logic 7 retrofit with Individual Audio

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 07:59 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: -Current- 535d Sport LCI Bi-Xenon Adaptive Lights, S.A.T, Professional SatNav, Logic7, Elec Memory seats, iPod interface, 19" Alloys WITHOUT RUNFLATS! CIC and Combox Retrofit, White Angel Eyes, Speed in Centre console. -Previous- Mini Cooper S 525d Tourer Auto

Hi All.

I have an e60 LCI with the Logic 7 speakers. I have never been overly impressed with them, i'd say they are good but not great.

I have seen posts on this site comparing the two (pre LCI Logic 7 was apparently very good) and wonder if it is worth purchasing the speakers, amp and subs to upgrade the sound system? I am awaiting prices for the parts to see what the cost would be, but is it worth doing or should i go for an aftermarket option?

I am keen not to change the internal look of the car, and definately do not want to cut wires (simple swapping of items) or run new earth, power or whatever around the car. I also want to ensure the standard bings, bongs, bleeps and other noises (i.e Sat nav) still work correctly and are not too quiet or loud - something i have read in the past but not sure if still relevant.

If i do proceed with the retrofit, then will i need to get the car re-coded to recognise the Individual Audio or will it just work? And when i do upgrade the CCC to a shiny CIC, will there be any problems then?

Any advise, comments or suggestions are welcome.

Ta, Darron
Old 03-31-2011, 08:18 AM
Members

My Ride: 05 545i | sliver grey metallic | SMG trans | sports package | premium | cold weather | HUD | navi | PDC | sunshades | logic 7 | Ipod | MODS - (Mtech v2 angels )(8000k headlights and fogs)( Full Xenon kit) (///M shifter) (LCI u.s spec tails) (285/30/20 & 255/30/20 beyern baroque 3pc rims) 03 FX45 AWD | silver| sports package| premium package| (WIFE) (sold)06 330i | cherry red | sports package| premium | cold weather | logic 7 | Ipod | ( WIFE )

My boy put a 10" bass box In his 645 with and amp and it sound real good not to much bass either
Old 03-31-2011, 02:27 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: -Current- 535d Sport LCI Bi-Xenon Adaptive Lights, S.A.T, Professional SatNav, Logic7, Elec Memory seats, iPod interface, 19" Alloys WITHOUT RUNFLATS! CIC and Combox Retrofit, White Angel Eyes, Speed in Centre console. -Previous- Mini Cooper S 525d Tourer Auto

Originally Posted by SmG-Deuce
My boy put a 10" bass box In his 645 with and amp and it sound real good not to much bass either
The Bass is not my biggest issue - yes i could do with being a bit 'tighter', but my issues are with the high end. i find the sound to be harsh and dull at hte same time which frustrates me as i have had lesser cars with better tweeters.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:45 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Be warned : The difference between L7 and Individual is more than just Amp and speakers.
Old 04-01-2011, 04:09 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda
Be warned : The difference between L7 and Individual is more than just Amp and speakers.
Really? what else is involved? I am also getting costs for the crossovers in the front but see nothing more than that in terms of hardware...
Old 04-01-2011, 07:38 AM
Members

It's all under warranty.

The injectors and HPFP are part of the recall.

For the turbos, I complained that the car was making a bit of a clicking noise. especially when cold. It was diagnosed as noisy wastegates. After consultation with BMW and measuring the freeplay, they decided to replace both turbos.

With 35k miles on the car, and the warranty expiring this fall (although I do have CPO beyond that), it's nice to get these covered now, but must be costing BMW a fortune.
Old 04-01-2011, 07:48 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by mostroad
It's all under warranty.

The injectors and HPFP are part of the recall.

For the turbos, I complained that the car was making a bit of a clicking noise. especially when cold. It was diagnosed as noisy wastegates. After consultation with BMW and measuring the freeplay, they decided to replace both turbos.

With 35k miles on the car, and the warranty expiring this fall (although I do have CPO beyond that), it's nice to get these covered now, but must be costing BMW a fortune.

wrong thread me thinks

I was happy for a moment thinking there was a response for me!
Old 04-01-2011, 11:45 PM
Senior Members

Hi Guys, any more thoughts on this?

This may be a non-US question as reading other forums suggests the individual audio is not available over there. perhaps the L7 in the states is the individual here?

Anyway;

Can it be done?
Is it worth it?
or, should i simply look at the aftermarket systems?

would appreciate any helpful comments...
Old 04-02-2011, 03:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Gone Waiting

chk sig
Old 04-02-2011, 04:08 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by vishwen
chk sig
???

yours or mine?

i know what mine says and yours says that your car is gone but not forgotten?

Quick Reply: Logic 7 retrofit with Individual Audio