E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Logic 7 Headache

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 03:03 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, everyone, it's me again with the delimna on options for my baby. juan2mini said in another thread that I should op to get the Logic 7 instead of the PDC. I contacted my dealer, told him to change the order yet again. Please give me some clarity on just how GOOD this stereo upgrade sounds. I can do this switch, but I'm considering dropping the Cold Weather Pkg also to keep the price within the range I want. Please Help a fellow future E-60 owner. I have checked some of the other threads about the Logic 7, but be honest on true clarity of this system. Thanx
Old 09-27-2004, 03:08 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

L7 is BY FAR the best stock sound system I know. I never had a sound system in any of my previous cars that was just close to L7. IMHO it's worth every cent!
Old 09-27-2004, 03:13 PM
Senior Members

I regret so much not getting the premium sound L7 option. I find a lack of bass, volume and good equalization (Only bass and treble available) on my 10 speaker system. The subs under the seats are just not enough. If you decide not to purchase the option and after that you try to upgrade your system, then it becomes really difficult to do it in a proper way (Read the threads about the people that want to add a subwoofer to their current non L7 equipped E60)

just my two cents
Old 09-27-2004, 03:32 PM
Contributors

My Ride: -SOLD- 530i Alpine White. Sport package, comfort seat package, premium sound package, power rear shade, premium package, rear red reflectors, and adaptive headlights with xenon’s

Spend the money and get the L7. It's wroth the money and I think you'll be happy that you did.

Let us know what you think after you get it that is if you do.

Central Cali
Old 09-27-2004, 03:48 PM
Contributors

RUTHLESS530:
I didn't exactly say you should drop PDC for logic 7, I said I would - and the CWP. I enjoy my sound system every time I use my car. It will blow away the Harman-Kardan system in your wife's 2004 325ci. When I went to buy my e60 I told the dealers there were three must haves - 545i, 6-speed manual and the logic 7 sound system. No regrets, great combo of power, fun and sound. Good luck.
Old 09-27-2004, 03:59 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You'll enjoy L7 every single moment are in your car, and you'd probably use PDC only once in a while. Go for L7. I regret that I did not have L7.
Old 09-27-2004, 04:30 PM
Members

If you love music, regardless of the type,you will love the Logic 7.The built in equalizer lets you tweek the excellent flat response to just the right degree. I find the bass on some of the jazz I listen to just a bit to much. By dropping the lowest bass setting a notch or two I find it clearer and cleaner sounding. Full classical orch. music sounds clean and powerful, even at high volume.
The system sounds even better today then when it was first delivered., typical of any fine speaker system as they break in and loosen up.
Definitly go for it. The standard system can't even come close to it. Along with the sports package, the best options in the car. To not get it, is to regret it, for as long as you keep the car.
Old 09-27-2004, 04:32 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

Get it. You will not regret it. Also consider that it is rather difficult/complicated to upgrade if you decide that you don't like the standard setup. Why don't you see if your dealer will let you listen to a Logic 7 system and decide for yourself.
Old 09-27-2004, 05:57 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by RUTHLESS530' date='Sep 27 2004, 05:03 PM
I have checked some of the other threads about the Logic 7, but be honest on true clarity of this system. Thanx
[snapback]38726[/snapback]
I've read several reviews of the L7 and they all rave about it. Other owners love it. I love it. If you like a nice stereo, get it.

Note: Due to the poor visibility of the front and rear of this car, I would keep the PDC - it could save you from an embarassing and costly scrape.

Robert
Old 09-27-2004, 06:16 PM
Senior Members

I love the L7, everyone who gets in the car comments on how great the stereo sounds. I have been digging out CDs that I have not listened to in a long time and enjoying them all over. I really want sat radio now. I hope it becomes compatible soon.

Quick Reply: Logic 7 Headache