E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Likes & Dislikes

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 06:40 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: mystic blue 530i, auburn dakota, sport, nav, cold, dob 1-25-2006

great topic...as I have not yet recieved my E60 and the boat is delayed again...I don't yet have any opinions. I did buy it for the ride...which was not like any other car I tested.

David...
Old 02-14-2006, 06:55 AM
Members

My Ride: Ordered: 530i - Silver Grey, Black Leather, Anthercite Headlining, HUD, Type 116 Wheels, Sat Nav, Bi-Xenons, Auto dimming/folding mirrors, delivery 1st March 06! Current: E39 525i - Black, Black Leather, Xenons, Through Load, Anthercite Headlining. History: ....

HATE the direction of the wipers (right to left) which means in England (we drive on the left). I am left with a triangle of dirt on the top right of the windscreen. When I got my current car (E39 525i) my son (he was 13 then) commented from the passenger seat that the wipers were brillant since he had no blind spot!
Wish BMW would sort this since the 3 series wipers go in the right direction.
Old 02-14-2006, 06:56 AM
Contributors

Power and grace.

Dislikes: Slow IDrive repsonses, lack of nick-nack storage around the driver, it makes me do bad things.
Old 02-14-2006, 07:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by KiritPatel' post='240059' date='Feb 14 2006, 09:55 AM
HATE the direction of the wipers (right to left) which means in England (we drive on the left). I am left with a triangle of dirt on the top right of the windscreen. When I got my current car (E39 525i) my son (he was 13 then) commented from the passenger seat that the wipers were brillant since he had no blind spot!
Wish BMW would sort this since the 3 series wipers go in the right direction.
Justified. I think they would also switch the directions of the blades too. You should complain to BMW about it. It's really a geeky stupidity on BMW to forget the blade switching.
Old 02-14-2006, 07:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by jchuan8338' post='240044' date='Feb 14 2006, 09:24 AM
[*]The jack-in-the-box pop-up trunk opening action - almost knocked me out the first time I opened it![/list]
What did you expect - the trunk to slowly open up like a Lexus? I opened mine this morning and it was stuck as if it had alittle glue. So I just tapped it up and walla . . . . . I could complain about the not having auto trunk close, but that only put more weight to my car.
Old 02-14-2006, 07:55 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='239898' date='Feb 14 2006, 12:51 AM
Handling
Driving feel
Good amount of Conformt in conjunction with Road feel

The little options it has... other cars might have it too...
Blue tooth
Extended light package
Auburn Interior Color. Pretty unique
iDrive is neat.
Active Steering
Logic 7
Dislikes:
No MP3 capability for me!
No Aux as std when the half price E90 gets it as std
V8 550.
ONLY 325hp and 330TQ
BMW software hickups
BMW repair costs after warranty
Whats wrong with SMG in traffic? Can you please explain... I'm not sure... i'm kinda indiffernt... so I want to know your opinion...
Hey EBMCS03, don't copy me with the Like, Dislike . . . unless . . . are you my long lost twin?
Old 02-14-2006, 08:34 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: (E60) 535D M-Sport (DMS)

I like virtually everything & dislike virtually nothing.

As a new migrant to BMW from Audi, i think the quality is as good as Audi, if not better in places. Nothing more to really add.

Agree with the indicator operation as i still sometimes end up indicating both ways when i meant to cancel indication & the wipers being the wrong way round & i've not yet worked out exactly how they operate from intermitent, normal & fast operation as in most cars it's a click for each position, although the auto wipers work very well. My only other dislike is the speed of i-drive boot up, which can be a pain at times.

All in all i'm very happy with my car.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:54 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by doug_999' post='239833' date='Feb 14 2006, 12:17 AM
Let's see.....
Heated Steering Wheel (love this love this love this)
Power (still in break-in mode, but so sweet)
Active Steering
I-Drive (yes, I actually like this)
Comfort Seats (I know why they made them standard on the sport package for 07)
Handling (coming from a GS430 you can imagine the difference)
Dislikes
Boot time (30 seconds or so - nothing works until the computer boots - including radio)
Trunk (have comfort access, takes 3-4 tries before it opens - and then it can take your head off)
Heated Seats (honestly, they get too hot)
I-Drive (some things should not have been put in there - Audi does it better with their MMI)
Logic 7 - (can't get it to sound as good as it should - unbalanced and too boomy).
Sirius - (Terrible, Terrible sound. HD Radio would be my choice over this)
What is your dislike over the Siruis. I have the radio in my 4runner and I just ordered it in my 550.
Old 02-14-2006, 09:00 AM
Members

Dislikes:
- trunk lid hard to close when your hands are full, opens too fast

- I-drive screen remains backlit when you turn it off - this one really bugs me

- Needs more small storage pockets for cds, wallet, etc.

- Headlight washer needs a separate switch. Sometimes I just want to take the dust of my windshield with a quick squirt of washer fluid and the headlight washers flood the front of my clean hood and front end with fluid.
Old 02-14-2006, 09:26 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 M5, Silver Grey, Silverstone Full Leather, Alumium trim, Active/Ventilated Comfort Seats, HUD, Comfort Access, Split Rear Seats, Rear Seat Heating, etc.

Originally Posted by Veight' post='240130' date='Feb 14 2006, 09:54 AM
What is your dislike over the Siruis. I have the radio in my 4runner and I just ordered it in my 550.
My dislike is that it's basically the same audio quality as free, over-the-air radio, and if I'm paying for it, I expect Sirius to sound better. It basically sounds like you're listening through a tin can. Some of the talk stations (e.g., the Martha Stewart channel) have a weird "metallic" echo to them. Toggling between a CD and Sirius reveals a big difference in quality/fidelity. At lower volumes this is not such an issue, but with the volume cranked it is disappointing.

I also dislike the fact that many channels do in fact have commericals (Martha Stewart, for one) and even those that don't are constantly interrupted by station identifiers (those annoying, over-the-top, effects-laden 30-second spots hyping Sirius or telling you what channel you're listening to). Again, for a paid service you should not have to listen to this kind of crap.

None of this is BMW's fault. Sirius just needs to get its game on.

Quick Reply: Likes & Dislikes