E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Let go of the E60 today :(

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2012 | 06:28 PM
Members
Senior Members

I really wanted an S5 6 speed (such a gorgeous car!) but after reading about the myriad of problems people were having with the transmissions/clutches , carbon buildup, and the too small fuel tank, I passed. Audi seems to do well with their physical designs, but the engineering is totally half-assed. How hard is it to design one of the oldest methods of power transmittal from engine to wheels. Nice car, OP, but please consider some wheels to spice it up a bit!
Old 05-29-2012 | 04:05 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 AW N52 with sports package & premium package; natural brown interior MODs: Orion V2s 3000K H8 Yellow Fogs Matte Black Kidney Grills 20" Miro 111 Hankook V12 Tires H&R Sport Springs Special coding via Simon (dbl flash hazards, digital velocity, etc.) LED Side Markers from Trinity Autosports LED License Plate Lights from Trinity Autosports Carbon Delete BMC Air Filter RPI Scoop RPI GT Exhaust Future MODs: Mtech Kit KW Variant 2 Coilovers CIC Retrofit Upgrade Audio System

Sorry to see to see you leave the family bro. good luck
Old 05-29-2012 | 06:05 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 07' BMW 550i

Originally Posted by aretardedorange
I have no idea what you just said.But I think you are saying no car will ever drive like BMW, please go drive the F10, and go drive the Audi, you will see which is better. We have a E90 328xi in the family, I feel like the A6 handles much better when compared to 328xi.
Just you need to read review in the Motor Trend. I guess Audi is still same as was before, the price tag is high, but don't get close to luxury segment. I don't care really about luxury thing, but if you are paying that kind money, I'm looking to get as much as possible. Those things are not making car faster or slower, but the end value is important, after loan is paid off.
I had Audi S90 (but actually it was A4 model already) and it was not a big mechanical issues, all normal wear, and back lighting on knobs would go out once in the while, but interior is cheap as continue same compare to BMW or Benz. I had 3-seris BMW and they were much better made then Audi A4.

I don't understand why people are buying performance car with all wheel drive (AWD), car feels heavy and 50/50 ratio is going to South, it's same to Audi and BMW. Performance car should be rear wheel drive only. All other is b... crap. Even in harsh weather condition, a good winter tires would be enough to drive on road.
Old 05-29-2012 | 11:36 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530i

Originally Posted by phlfly
but interior is cheap as continue same compare to BMW or Benz. I had 3-seris BMW and they were much better made then Audi A4.
I agree from previous experience that audi interior panels are crap..mainly because of all the chipping paint. But that was a while ago and I haven't been in an Audi since. I do remember the A4 1.8T from like 98-04 had some major sump issues though but that was for all VAG vehicles with that motor.
Old 05-29-2012 | 11:58 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: [N62]

Bittersweet moment. Congrats on your new ride! Good looking car
Old 06-02-2012 | 11:27 AM
Members

audis ,lots and lots and lots of failed turbos ,also depending on the engine alot suffer from oil pump faliure
Old 06-02-2012 | 11:40 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Modded 2010 Carbon Black M5 SMG and Modded 2008 Dinan 550i Sport

All I can say is that my best friend just bought a 2011 A6 and it is a SWEET ride. And the auto (steptronic or whatever Audi calls it) outruns the manual. The interior is gorgeous with fabulous electronics. Not sure what his pkg is but it has extremely sporty factory 5 spoke wheels, much like the S5 wheels, and is a bit lowered. Brand preference is a matter of personal choice. Me, I like the simplicity of BMW but I am a fan of the Audi's more dressed up look quite a bit as well. My buddy's car is fast, nimble and sporty just as I am sure yours is. I completely agree on the F10. The looks, bigger size and added weight have zero appeal to me. I decided to hang on to the e60 550i sport and mod her out nicely and keep her for a bit. I would be very sad to see mine go as well. You have a BEAUTIFUL new ride. Enjoy it. :-)
Old 06-03-2012 | 08:29 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550I,Space Grey,Hud,Cold Weather,M - Sport, matched GP Thunder headlights and Fogs,,Smoked Badges, Night Vision, Heated Seats,Rear Sunshades, Aux Audio, SAT, NAV, Black Grills, Sprint Booster, Dinan Cold Air, Stage 2 Dinan Software.....More to come soon

YOU SHOULD HAVE KEPT YOUR BIMMER......I had an AUDI and returned it after 3 months....all kind of electrical problems plus their service sucked ASS!
Old 06-03-2012 | 07:54 PM
Senior Members

Thanks guys. Got tint done, some minor mods.

So far no problems .

http://www.flickr.com/photos/54027258@N07/7332941202/
Old 06-03-2012 | 08:38 PM
Members

My Ride: 2009 535i xDrive; Black Sapphire Metallic; Premium, Cold Weather Packages, Navi, PDC, 20% Solargard Tint

I think a lot of people dont realize that the 2012 A6 is completely different from the 2011. It's a better performing, more reliable, better handling, better mpg car, that has a sport package that's considered "too firm" (which is great for BMW drivers).

Not to mention they still have an exceptional warranty program that rivals BMW's.

The general consensus is that the prior generation A6 pales in comparison to the E60, and most would say even the F10. But the new A6 gives the F10 a run for it's money.

Before I bought my E60 I really looked into the August (for my price point it was the A5, and A6), and both were weak by comparison, but if I was buying one new it'd be a really difficult decision.

Quick Reply: Let go of the E60 today :(