E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Lease Buyout Gone Wrong!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 11:24 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 550i - AS, SP, CWP, Nav, L7, Rear Sunshades, PDC, Comfort Seats

Originally Posted by sdg1871
Good lord! 6 cars and the dealer still tries to bend you over?? What is this world coming to?

Since it is obvious that the Sales Manager just wants to ass rape you and doesn't give a hoot about your business, I would demand a meeting with the dealership's General Manager. If the GM does not satisfy you, I'd go to BMW NA ASAP to complain. I would also file complaints with you state and city departments of consumer affairs.

This is why I only negotiate with dealers by email so that it is in writing. I don't trust any of them as far as I can throw them.
You think that they would want to keep me happy.....if I don't get my desired results, I will make some more noise. Well, I have a voice mail from the CA with the final price and I called him the day after and said that was acceptable.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:25 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Anzafin
I think it's HIS mistake and HE should pay that!
I totally agree...the customer is always right!!!
Old 04-21-2010, 11:27 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by al_ongvano
I use to work at a BMW dealer and when it comes to the value of lease car returns, BMWFS does dictate the price. It is base on Manheim report. What it is, is a statistics on cars that went to the auction the week before. it shows year, make and model and mileage and how much each car sold at the auction on a regional scale. In turn, the dealer has the option of buying the car from BMWFS and convert it to a CPO for retail. Although, what they told you is partially correct since from my experience, week to week auction review are more likely on a down trend than up. Plus it will not make an $1800 gap in a week. GL, I hope this info helps you.
Thanks for the insight on this.....I am on principle now!
Old 04-21-2010, 11:38 AM
Contributors

I just figured out the multi-quote feature.....

Originally Posted by SergeyM
This above is true. One thing you can easily do though, is to extend your lease with BMWFS for 2 more month with no obligations. In two months many things can happen except for values of E60s going up. F10 is around the corner, in June our obsolete model will have no buyers and BMW will beg you to take the car for any price.
This sounds like a good option.....

Originally Posted by brabusw209amg
Car value goes up $1800 in a week. Doesn't make sense to me. If that's the case, I would buy 50 550i's and make a HUGE profit! I dont bite it. Mebbe for a few hundred dollars approx $500 I wouldnt mind but NOT $1800. Are they prepared to lose you as a customer? What dealership are we talking about?
Let's see how prepared they are, because I will take my business elsewhere.

Originally Posted by studavis
8%..hmm. My 2007 550i residual was 41K. It sat on the lot for three months, and I bought it back for 34,900. Heck of a lot more than 8% off. I would walk. There are so many choices out there now, that you would be foolish to suck 1800.00 in a bad negotiated deal. Walk...then run, then let them come back to you.
Well I am underwater on the miles and do not feel like give my money away on either front.

Originally Posted by bimmerboyali
I would call the local paper and also the local tv sations. Where I live,Sacramento, CA there is a segment on the local TV news called CALL KURTIS. local residents call and complain about people and businesses that rip off people. You cant believe the success rate that it has. I would say at least 80 to 90% of the problems get resolved once Kurtis approachs them with the cameras. That dealership will not want to be in the local paper or on TV for ripping off customers. I had a problem with 24 hour fitness in not accepting a offer. I called Kurtis and I was on the 5 oclock segment, 48 hours later 24 Hour fitness called and not only gave me the discounted rate but gave me a free 6 month extension. Good Luck
I am camera shy
Old 04-21-2010, 11:39 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by v_therussian
If you negotiated a price, finalize it in writing.

You're right though - the dealer is trying to screw you.

Let us know which dealer/CA it is, and how everything ends.
I will keep everyone updated.

Originally Posted by ObD
I would only deal with BMWFS. An $1800 markup is BS. BMWFS will deal despite what your lease contract says. The residuals on a new F10 are lower than an E60, so they know car depreciation is accelerating. Play hardball, it's a buyers market.
This is very interesting to know. I called BMWFS and they wouldn't budge on the residual, they referred me to my dealer for better numbers.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:01 PM
Contributors

Here's an update, I got a call today and they were able to give me back $1100. Should I wait another month, until the new 5 series hits the roads here? I would have to pay for 2 months of extended lease payments.

Do you think its worth to pay the extra payments and see if I can get more of a discount below residual(they took off $3000)?

Let me know what you guys think.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:14 PM
Members

My Ride: | 2006 550i | Silver Gray Metallic | Sport Package | 6-speed MT | Logic7 | NAV | CWP | Tan Dakota Leather | Stock 124s | 35% tint |

that price is frighteningly close to dealer cost to certify the car. I wonder if he forgot to add that to the price - now he wants you to pay for his mistake.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:29 PM
Members

My Ride: 05 545i | sliver grey metallic | SMG trans | sports package | premium | cold weather | HUD | navi | PDC | sunshades | logic 7 | Ipod | MODS - (Mtech v2 angels )(8000k headlights and fogs)( Full Xenon kit) (///M shifter) (LCI u.s spec tails) (285/30/20 & 255/30/20 beyern baroque 3pc rims) 03 FX45 AWD | silver| sports package| premium package| (WIFE) (sold)06 330i | cherry red | sports package| premium | cold weather | logic 7 | Ipod | ( WIFE )

i think we should have a section for dealers feedback only based on how good the service was or how bad it was and alll the stealership lies
i brought a 04 g35 coupe about 2yrs ago and had the worst experience with the dealership (northern auto traders) so i feel your pain just FIGHT TO THE END
NEVER BUY FROM http://www.liccars.com/
Old 04-26-2010, 09:03 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2012 535i X-driveSpace Grey/Black Dakota, Fineline Anthracite Trim; Executive Package (Rear View, Lumbar, Nav, Voice, SIRIUS, HiFi Pro) Technology Package (Hi Beam Assist, Lane Departure, Blind Spot Detection, Surround View) BMW Apps (Apps, Smart Pho
Model Year: 2012

Originally Posted by GP550iSport
Here's an update, I got a call today and they were able to give me back $1100. Should I wait another month, until the new 5 series hits the roads here? I would have to pay for 2 months of extended lease payments.

Do you think its worth to pay the extra payments and see if I can get more of a discount below residual(they took off $3000)?

Let me know what you guys think.
The $3000 off sounds Ok but what are the retail prices for other cars on lots in the area. Do other cars come with CPO warranty?
It seems to me you may be better off turning your baby in then buying another car (with CPO) from another dealer for maybe a better price in two months time. Who knows--you could go back to your dealer in two months and see your car all shined up with a CPO on it for even less money. I turned in a 2003 325iT (53,000mi) as a tradein last July. It was instantly wholesaled and is still for sale on a large non-dealer lot this April. It was in excellent condition and loaded--OK it is a wagon.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:27 AM
Members

Turned in my wife's 07 Audi Q7 last December at the end of the lease and wanted to buy it. They didn't even budge a cent from the residual value ($39800). We've decided to wait until spring to decide what we wanna buy and walked away. We saw that our vehicle still sitting at the dealership lot and selling for $33500 CPO in February. We ended up buying it for $32700. If I were you I'd just walk away and have them come back to you.