E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Lease Buyout Gone Wrong!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 10:44 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 550i - AS, SP, CWP, Nav, L7, Rear Sunshades, PDC, Comfort Seats

Originally Posted by 545iBMW
8% is high in my book.
Plus if they don't honor the price they originally gave - I would personally shop around somewhere.
I don't deal with anyone (person, store, etc) if they don't have a word-of-honor.
I was happy that I got 8% off and I agree with a word-of-honor.
Old 04-20-2010, 10:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by GP550iSport
What is the penalty by waiting??? Should I push this right away, because I already threatened that they will lose me as a customer if they don't stick the final price....
Depends on when the lease is up. If it is soon, you're under pressure to decide. If you've got some time, let them simmer...
Old 04-20-2010, 10:50 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 545iBMW
well, he has not paid a dime yet - so nothing is basically stolen.
my point is, if they say something and don't commit to it - then, they can't be trusted - simple as that.
I would shop somewhere else based on that trust-relationship.
I have an existing relationship with this CA for about 4 years, why should I expect anything less than the truth. At any rate, they should honor it and keep me happy. Between my family and I, we got 6 cars from this dealership.
Old 04-20-2010, 10:51 AM
Members

I was happy that I got 8% off and I agree with a word-of-honor.
If you have a credit union then get the loan with them.
We always get 4.9% on all our cars with Navy Fed.
Old 04-20-2010, 10:58 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

call bmw fs directly, don't deal with your dealership...
Old 04-20-2010, 10:59 AM
Members

I have an existing relationship with this CA for about 4 years, why should I expect anything less than the truth. At any rate, they should honor it and keep me happy. Between my family and I, we got 6 cars from this dealership.

I agree. It's hard when businesses treat you as "just another client" when you have established a relationship with them.
For me, I would never trust anyone if they screw me with money.
If I can't trust them with word of honor for a few bucks, then I would never be able to trust them with my car (for service and warranty work).
Old 04-20-2010, 11:04 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by kscarrol
Depends on when the lease is up. If it is soon, you're under pressure to decide. If you've got some time, let them simmer...
My lease expired on the 12th of this month....what are my options??
Old 04-20-2010, 11:18 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

My lease expired on the 12th of this month....what are my options??
Seems pretty black and white unfortunately. Get with BMW FS or the Sales Manager at the dealership and press the price issue. If they refuse to budge you either buy at the higher price or turn it in. You are already past the end of the lease, what arrangement have you made to still be driving the car?
Old 04-20-2010, 11:24 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by kscarrol
Seems pretty black and white unfortunately. Get with BMW FS or the Sales Manager at the dealership and press the price issue. If they refuse to budge you either buy at the higher price or turn it in. You are already past the end of the lease, what arrangement have you made to still be driving the car?
From what I understand, there is a 10 day grace period after the lease up to return the vehicle and I am still within that window. Maybe I will give them a call now and see what the hell is going on....
Old 04-20-2010, 06:24 PM
Contributors

From what I understand, there is a 10 day grace period after the lease up to return the vehicle and I am still within that window. Maybe I will give them a call now and see what the hell is going on....
Here is an update....I spoke with my CA and got the sales manager involved at this point and explained to her the situation. Since my lease ended almost 2 weeks ago, she recommended I pay one more month until things get sorted out (which makes sense). I was told that the BMWFS goes through a certain report in regards to available models in a given time and creates the market value of the car. My car apparentely appreciated $1800 from last week and since there are fewer models being reported I was asked to pay the difference after we agreed on a price last week.

The dealer claims that they have no control of what the buyout price of the vehicle is and BMWFS does not bargain with whatever number the computer generates. I am a little skeptical at this point.

Is this just hog wash and they are trying to squeeze more money out of me?

Thanks for everyone's prompt attention to my issue.

Quick Reply: Lease Buyout Gone Wrong!!!