E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

LCI Owners

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 07:06 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: All on order and should be here by 28th September 2007

Hi Guys, I need some help from some of the new LCI owners.

My i-drive had a few problems from day 1 and regularly reported that there was a high rate of battery discharge. A BMW technician unclipped the battery and reset computer. Unfortunately some of the i-drive options have seemed to disappear.

The settings that I have lost include mirrors that fold in where setting alarm (I understand that this can be reset using key programming).

My question is do you guys have an option for setting the volume of the PDC in the i-drive (This was in the options under volumes but has now disappeared) and when you engage reverse does the mirror tilt down as in previous models?

I have brought the matter up to Sytner BMW, who have taken the car in today but they are at a loss to why they have disappeared.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:16 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535xi Monaco Blue Dark Burl Walnut Black Leather Comfort Package Sports Package Cold Weather Package Nav Logic 7 18" Sport Wheels Xenon Interior and License Plate Light Upgrade

Originally Posted by idgam' post='488616' date='Nov 1 2007, 11:06 AM

My i-drive had a few problems from day 1 and regularly reported that there was a high rate of battery discharge. A BMW technician unclipped the battery and reset computer. Unfortunately some of the i-drive options have seemed to disappear.

The settings that I have lost include mirrors that fold in where setting alarm (I understand that this can be reset using key programming).

My question is do you guys have an option for setting the volume of the PDC in the i-drive (This was in the options under volumes but has now disappeared) and when you engage reverse does the mirror tilt down as in previous models?

I have brought the matter up to Sytner BMW, who have taken the car in today but they are at a loss to why they have disappeared.
Not sure about the folding mirrors while setting the alarm...

However the mirror will not tilt while engaging reverse unless the switch you use to toggle between adjusting the driver and passenger mirrors is set to the driver side...

Hope this helps
Old 11-01-2007, 07:26 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

I don't recall ever seeing a PDC volume setting on my car...
Old 11-01-2007, 07:34 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535xi / Platinum Grey / Black leather / Step Auto / Sport / Premium / Cold weather / 18" wheels / Logic 7 / Comfort / ipod / Navigation / Fold Down Rear Seats / Rear Airbags / Sirius SAT / Spoiler / Extended Clear bra / Bluetooth. (Previously owned a 2002 sport 525I Loaded). On order: 535xi Platnium Grey with Black interior, Step Auto, Sports package, Premium package, Cold weather package, 18" wheels, Logic 7, Comfort access, ipod adapt, Navigation, Sat radio, Rear spoiler, Extended Clear coat bra.

Originally Posted by idgam' post='488616' date='Nov 1 2007, 11:06 AM

Wish I could help but in the US we don't have the folding mirror option when the car is turned off. In our cars we have to push the button in the widows panel for them to fold in. As far as PDC I don't have that option. Sorry I couldn't help.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:49 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 Carbon Black 550i w/Sport Package, Sport Automatic Transmission, Natural Brown Leather, NAV, Active Steering, Cold-Weather Package, Logic 7, iPod/USB Adapter. Build completed Sep , 2007.

ditto

no pdc volume nor folding mirror option on US models
Old 11-01-2007, 09:15 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by idgam' post='488616' date='Nov 1 2007, 05:06 PM

I haven't seen PDC volume, just visual on or off on I drive.

Don't have folding mirrors so can't comment...

regards,
Old 11-01-2007, 09:32 AM
Contributors

I would love to have an option to make my mirrors auto fold and adjust the PDC volume. I've had three E60s, current one a brand new LCI 535d, and have _never_ seen any of these options in the iDrive. Are you sure you didn't dream it??
Old 11-01-2007, 12:32 PM
Contributors

My Ride: All on order and should be here by 28th September 2007

Originally Posted by Russ1974' post='488652' date='Nov 1 2007, 05:32 PM
I would love to have an option to make my mirrors auto fold and adjust the PDC volume. I've had three E60s, current one a brand new LCI 535d, and have _never_ seen any of these options in the iDrive. Are you sure you didn't dream it??
Hi
The option for the PDC volume was defiantly there. It is shown in the manual (page 96 & 97 in mine) and that was the display that I saw.

My SA has told me that this option is only available on the E65 (what is this car by the way, he said it was a 530d or 535d). He is not sure why my car showed this screen either.

The fold down mirrors on reverse is part of the memory seats apparently which I do not have on this car. I had use of a loan 525d that had this option before I got mine and apparently I may have been confused with that car.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:33 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E61 535d sport, Silver Grey/grey/maple. 20" Hartge Nova 7. Previously 19" staggered 172s

Originally Posted by idgam' post='488716' date='Nov 1 2007, 08:32 PM
Hi
The option for the PDC volume was defiantly there. It is shown in the manual (page 96 & 97 in mine) and that was the display that I saw.

My SA has told me that this option is only available on the E65 (what is this car by the way, he said it was a 530d or 535d). He is not sure why my car showed this screen either.

The fold down mirrors on reverse is part of the memory seats apparently which I do not have on this car. I had use of a loan 525d that had this option before I got mine and apparently I may have been confused with that car.
The 5 is the E60 (61 as a tourer), hence E60.net

You are right about the dipping function only coming with memory seats.

The fold function is programmable by the dealer but not from the key to my knowledge. Default setting used to be off and I had to have it enabled by a friendly dealer. When you held the key button they folded. It has since been turned off again by a software update and I havn't been back to get it fixed again.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:00 PM
Members

Originally Posted by idgam' post='488616' date='Nov 1 2007, 03:06 PM

What does LCI stand for?

Quick Reply: LCI Owners