E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LCI M Aero--US

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 05:29 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone who is interested in the M Aero kit in the US for the LCI (DOT approved kit), I just got the BMW bulletin faxed to me:

It doesn't have pictures, but the first paragraph reads "There are four basic M aerodynamic kits for the E60 and E61 LCI ("facelift") 5 Series. Also, various additional parts are required depending on vehicle options. These parts are not included in the basic kit and must be ordered separately."

The next paragraph explains a little by stating that vehicles equipped with Night Vision or Active Cruise Control require additional parts.

I can only assume that the "4 basic kits" are for the 4 models (3 E60 models, 1 E61 model).

As I get more info, I'll post it. I have a list of part numbers if you need it.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:36 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

Speaking from the pre-LCI, I think M-tech kit has 2 p/n for each E60 & E61 model they are with PDC or w/o PDC and based on the install kit manual I've used all the parts are included.

The additional parts for Night Vision and/or Active Cruise are simply plastic cover that has hole that fit the sensor(s) otherwise it has flat cover like me that has none of those and everything in the kit including various clips for the opening if you have or don't have headlight spray for example then diff. mounting bracket for the rear bumper if you have or don't have tow hook etc.

Try this link http://forums.e60.net/index.php?s=&sho...st&p=104436

Originally Posted by bmw093' post='477385' date='Oct 3 2007, 08:29 AM
Anyone who is interested in the M Aero kit in the US for the LCI (DOT approved kit), I just got the BMW bulletin faxed to me:

It doesn't have pictures, but the first paragraph reads "There are four basic M aerodynamic kits for the E60 and E61 LCI ("facelift") 5 Series. Also, various additional parts are required depending on vehicle options. These parts are not included in the basic kit and must be ordered separately."

The next paragraph explains a little by stating that vehicles equipped with Night Vision or Active Cruise Control require additional parts.

I can only assume that the "4 basic kits" are for the 4 models (3 E60 models, 1 E61 model).

As I get more info, I'll post it. I have a list of part numbers if you need it.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:13 PM
Contributors

As an update, I was at my dealer today to try to finally get some answers on the '08 kit. My dealer called the port (in front of me) and the latest is that the port told him that they (the port) do not install the '08 kit at this time. As of now, dealers are installing the kit. My sales guy was given the number of a BMW NA rep in CA who advised that the port rep's info is true, but that BMW "is working on" a plan to have the kit installed at the port. The BMW NA rep gave my salesperson the phone number of the guy in NJ who is working on this "plan", but of course, his voice mail picked up (all these calls were made in front of me).

My salesperson advised that the dealer cost for installation should cost more than the port charge, but of course the parts department had no prices available for the kit.

I am supposed to get an update when the NJ voicemail guy calls my sales guy back, but I'm not holding my breath. I'll let you know if I hear anything....
Old 10-08-2007, 05:58 PM
Members

Yeah their was a delay for me picking up my baby cause of my park distance control.. The ones that come with the 535i will not fit inside the new bumpers. So now i hope that they come in by tomm. I thought i was going to have it before this past weekend ..
Well hopefully tomm. I will post pics tomm. good luck