E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Is the LCI interior better or not?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 07:43 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Originally Posted by bmw093' post='418258' date='Apr 27 2007, 03:18 AM
My problem isn't as much with the wood handles as it is with the fact that the entire door panel ends up with much too much black plastic to me, and that they are too far forward for my convenience. I'm not big on the fact that the wood handles are perpendicular in appearance (and therefore incongruous) to the wood on the dash, but I could live with that. Mainly, I think the doors look bare and I always felt strange opening the door pushing out the side of the door without an easily accessible handle. I appreciate your opinion and thoughts and understand what your point is, though.
Well I am ok with the old doors too, as other suggested the new door look old school with the little cup for closing looks like my old integra and too E90ish IMO. Plus when you open the door, I don't think I would use the little cup as a point for pushing the door open anyways, even in my current car I don't use the handle to open the door, i usually pull on the door handle and push open the door with my forearm in one motion. I have no problem when closing the door, maybe I am used to it and I've never have any complaints from passenger so I guess is ok.

I wouldn't change to an LCI for two reason 1) the shifter 2) the door. But would consider the LCI because of things like is a new car, it have the new lights, updated iDrive, new engine, boot lid button and some other things that's missing on the current one. But the pre LCI is ok right now for the time being.

Is like my experience with the E39, when the LCI come out the lights looks better on the LCI so everybody went ahead to change it. But didn't change the trim to body colour ones :thumbsdown: I was happy at the moment so is a personal thing and as long as the owner is happy with it is ok.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:58 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Ordered: 530D Touring Silver Gray (A08), Auburn Dakota Leather (LCRK), Maple Wood, Steptronic, Bluetooth, 116 style 17'', Railbars, Sport suspension, Sport stering wheel

Originally Posted by SuperC' post='418153' date='Apr 26 2007, 09:59 AM
some say it is not some say it is much better? is the quality of materials better? overall feel or pretty much the same?
The interior is definitely better.
Better touch and feeling for AC controls and radio buttons, more leather on center console, more leather on door panels, the plastic of door panels is more rich (anyhow still below E39 quality), more space for objects near gearshift and more space on doors.

I do not like the exterior modification of the front bumper which is now not as aggressive as the old one......