E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

LCI confusion

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 01:26 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All LCI E60's come with with what used to be called Air Con - Advanced.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:32 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 320d SE (E90) manual - Sapphire Black, Beige Leather Sports Seats, Burled Walnut, Heated Seats, Sunroof, Comfort Access, Hi-Fi sound, Bluetooth, Side-Window blinds, Through-Load, Luggage Net, PDC Front & Rear, Adaptive Xenons, Style 158 17", Chrome Grill & Window Trim, Blackline Tailights, Power folding/dimming side mirrors, Split Armrest, Dual Zone Climate, Cruise, LEDs on door handles, iPod nano, SE K750i

Originally Posted by jonathanm1966' post='391184' date='Feb 13 2007, 10:26 PM
All LCI E60's come with with what used to be called Air Con - Advanced.
Well, in the UK yes (but not in all countries)
Even in the UK it is not standard across the entire range.
The 520d doesn't get Advanced/Extended Aircon as standard.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:58 PM
Senior Members

I'm just gunna throw this out there regarding the USB/iPod thing, and I know a lot of people aren't going to want to do this and they're going to say, "If I'm spending 60K+ on a vehicle I shouldn't have to make any modifications to it, blah, blah, blah." But... What if you moved the USB connection yourself?

If it's like the AUX input there should be a tiny mounting plate that the connector goes through which you should be able to take off. Then you just pay $5 for a blank mounting plate and stick it in the old place. Now you can move your USB connection anywhere you want, and if it doesn't reach far enough just buy an extra cable to extend it.

Now I don't know if this is possible and I can't confirm that the USB and AUX inputs are similar in their mounting applications, but it could be worth a shot. Especially if it really is the worst place ever to have a USB port located.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:08 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 320d SE (E90) manual - Sapphire Black, Beige Leather Sports Seats, Burled Walnut, Heated Seats, Sunroof, Comfort Access, Hi-Fi sound, Bluetooth, Side-Window blinds, Through-Load, Luggage Net, PDC Front & Rear, Adaptive Xenons, Style 158 17", Chrome Grill & Window Trim, Blackline Tailights, Power folding/dimming side mirrors, Split Armrest, Dual Zone Climate, Cruise, LEDs on door handles, iPod nano, SE K750i

Originally Posted by Heiss5' post='391208' date='Feb 13 2007, 10:58 PM
a lot of people aren't going to want to do this and they're going to say, "If I'm spending 60K+ on a vehicle I shouldn't have to make any modifications to it, blah, blah, blah."
If I'm spending 60K+ on a vehicle I shouldn't have to make any modifications to it, blah, blah, blah.

Old 02-13-2007, 02:09 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Heiss5' post='391208' date='Feb 13 2007, 11:58 PM
I'm just gunna throw this out there regarding the USB/iPod thing, and I know a lot of people aren't going to want to do this and they're going to say, "If I'm spending 60K+ on a vehicle I shouldn't have to make any modifications to it, blah, blah, blah." But... What if you moved the USB connection yourself?

If it's like the AUX input there should be a tiny mounting plate that the connector goes through which you should be able to take off. Then you just pay $5 for a blank mounting plate and stick it in the old place. Now you can move your USB connection anywhere you want, and if it doesn't reach far enough just buy an extra cable to extend it.

Now I don't know if this is possible and I can't confirm that the USB and AUX inputs are similar in their mounting applications, but it could be worth a shot. Especially if it really is the worst place ever to have a USB port located.
advanced airco is stil a option in belgium, i asked. I guess its only oem in the uk part of the standard package
Old 02-13-2007, 02:41 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pmmeke' post='391214' date='Feb 13 2007, 11:09 PM
advanced airco is stil a option in belgium, i asked. I guess its only oem in the uk part of the standard package
Other countries might get it as standard as well...
Hopefully, Ireland will (our spec usually matches the UK these days (except our speedos which are in km/h)).
It will be of course be standard in the US across the range.
Germany doesn't get it as standard...
Not sure how the other countries fare out.
Old 02-14-2007, 02:21 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Raighne' post='391189' date='Feb 13 2007, 11:32 PM
Well, in the UK yes (but not in all countries)
Even in the UK it is not standard across the entire range.
The 520d doesn't get Advanced/Extended Aircon as standard.
Not in Finland! I was really looking for this new standard feature, and now it's still an option here.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:36 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tume' post='391403' date='Feb 14 2007, 12:21 PM
Not in Finland! I was really looking for this new standard feature, and now it's still an option here.
o well ac extented is overrated anyway. I dont miss it at all. In my previous bmw i had it and half of the time
i was not in control of temperature, the computer was.
Old 02-14-2007, 04:08 AM
Members

Originally Posted by pmmeke' post='391411' date='Feb 14 2007, 06:36 AM
o well ac extented is overrated anyway. I dont miss it at all. In my previous bmw i had it and half of the time
i was not in control of temperature, the computer was.
Hi,

I'm also in Belgium. Do you have any other info about what's new on the Belgian LCI model (525d or 530i specs specifically) ?
Old 02-14-2007, 04:27 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Dragonii' post='391415' date='Feb 14 2007, 02:08 PM
Hi,

I'm also in Belgium. Do you have any other info about what's new on the Belgian LCI model (525d or 530i specs specifically) ?
in a nutshel
new interior doors, new trim availeble. Middel console now in leather even with dakota leather.
New engines 3.O littres for the 525 model (previous 2,5 litres)
Shadow line high gloss included in M package.
6 preset buttons and some new little buttons on steering wheel (gear shift led for manual transmittion that lights up
when ideal shift moment is there)
5OO euro more for basic model.
New options: sound system individual cost about 22OO euro in stead of 12OO euro for logic 7
beige leather is gone, brown leather is gone: now in stead cream beige and natural brown.
Some new colors for outside. Other color are disapeared

Quick Reply: LCI confusion