E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

LCI confusion

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 02:23 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 320d SE (E90) manual - Sapphire Black, Beige Leather Sports Seats, Burled Walnut, Heated Seats, Sunroof, Comfort Access, Hi-Fi sound, Bluetooth, Side-Window blinds, Through-Load, Luggage Net, PDC Front & Rear, Adaptive Xenons, Style 158 17", Chrome Grill & Window Trim, Blackline Tailights, Power folding/dimming side mirrors, Split Armrest, Dual Zone Climate, Cruise, LEDs on door handles, iPod nano, SE K750i

Originally Posted by vinver' post='389989' date='Feb 11 2007, 10:09 AM
I have just changed my order from Deep Sea Blue to Carbon Black on the basis that elsewhere in this forum the description of this colour sounds very attractive.

I have resigned myself to the fact that the USB interface will be positioned in this stupid location and that I will have a cable sticking out from the back of my central console which is disappointing but I want to have the full Ipod integration plus it allows me to charge my mobile.

I am currently involved in a conversation with BMW which is becoming more and more dificult. I have ordered the luxury pack n the basis that I get the extended advanced air conditioning and to date nobody can confirm that post-LCI this will still be the case. BMW keep telling me that airconditioning is standard in all cars and that therefore it is not included in the pack. I keep trying to make clear to them that it is the "extended" air conditioning I am after. If anybody else knows the answer I would appreciate if they could let me know.
- I thought Carbon black couldn't be ordered with a SE config (M-sport only). Has that changed or did you mean Sapphire Black?
- I am wondering myself if going for the MOST iPod connector in the glovebox would be better than the stupid USB connector...
- The pdf referenced says that every UK model except for the 520d will get extended AirCon as standard (even without the luxury pack). Of course you really need to get them to confirm that.
Old 02-11-2007, 02:35 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Raighne' post='390003' date='Feb 11 2007, 11:23 AM
- I thought Carbon black couldn't be ordered with a SE config (M-sport only). Has that changed or did you mean Sapphire Black?
- I am wondering myself if going for the MOST iPod connector in the glovebox would be better than the stupid USB connector...
- The pdf referenced says that every UK model except for the 520d will get extended AirCon as standard (even without the luxury pack). Of course you really need to get them to confirm that.
Is this 'extended' aircon the same as 'Automatic Air Con - Advanced' as it's currently described?
Old 02-11-2007, 03:00 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 320d SE (E90) manual - Sapphire Black, Beige Leather Sports Seats, Burled Walnut, Heated Seats, Sunroof, Comfort Access, Hi-Fi sound, Bluetooth, Side-Window blinds, Through-Load, Luggage Net, PDC Front & Rear, Adaptive Xenons, Style 158 17", Chrome Grill & Window Trim, Blackline Tailights, Power folding/dimming side mirrors, Split Armrest, Dual Zone Climate, Cruise, LEDs on door handles, iPod nano, SE K750i

Originally Posted by colejl' post='390006' date='Feb 11 2007, 11:35 AM
Is this 'extended' aircon the same as 'Automatic Air Con - Advanced' as it's currently described?
Looks like it. See page 23 of the pdf...
"Air conditioning, automatic with extended features: functions enhanced with one-touch pre- programmed functions"

Also, the option code (534) is mentioned on page 25 and this is the correct code for "Automatic-Advanced' today
Old 02-11-2007, 04:13 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Raighne' post='390003' date='Feb 11 2007, 11:23 AM

Thanks,

I was given carbon black as an option but with the way my luck is going with this car you're probably right.

I am getting very frustrated. I do not want a black one. he carbon black seems to have a hint of blue in it which is what attracted me to it.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:24 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Raighne' post='390011' date='Feb 11 2007, 01:00 PM
"Air conditioning, automatic with extended features: functions enhanced with one-touch pre- programmed functions"

Also, the option code (534) is mentioned on page 25 and this is the correct code for "Automatic-Advanced' today
I think the center "cooler compartment" and the sliding armrest should also come with ext A/C - and not with std A/C.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:26 AM
Members

It has been comfirmed now. Carbon Black is nt available for the SE edition, only the Sports edition.

However, BMW have now said that Monaco Blue, Deep Green and Barbera Red are all still available. If that's the case I'll opt for the Deep Green.

If anyone has spoken to a delaer who has confirmed that those colour are still an option or if anyone know this to be incorrect, please post a reply.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:44 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: New ride from 14th May�07: 525iA LCI, Sport Suspension, Deep Sea Blue, Leather Dakota Natural Brown, Hi-Gloss Black trim, Star Spoke 124 18", Comfort Seats with memory, M -steering wheel, Glass Roof, Navi Professional, ProLogic7, USB-connection, Bi-Xenon, Extended Air Condition, Auto dimming mirrors, Electric Folding mirrors, Bluetooth for Cell Phone Sony Ericsson K750i, Electric rear window shade, Ligth package, Speed control with brake function, Cup Holders, Automatic head light control, PDC, Shadow line

Originally Posted by vinver' post='390044' date='Feb 11 2007, 04:26 PM
It has been comfirmed now. Carbon Black is nt available for the SE edition, only the Sports edition.

However, BMW have now said that Monaco Blue, Deep Green and Barbera Red are all still available. If that's the case I'll opt for the Deep Green.

If anyone has spoken to a delaer who has confirmed that those colour are still an option or if anyone know this to be incorrect, please post a reply.
Hi,

Monaco Blue and Deep Green are both available for LCI models.

BR

TGII
Old 02-13-2007, 05:00 AM
Members

My Ride: '05 530D Sport Auto plus bits.

Originally Posted by Raighne' post='390011' date='Feb 11 2007, 12:00 PM

I checked with the dealer yesterday when I ordered an LCI 530d Sport and he confirmed that the A/C (534) is now the same as the advanced model originally fitted to the 535d and optional on all the rest of the pre-LCI cars.

LCI Additional Standard Kit
525d/530d/523i/525i/530i SE / M Sport:
? 423 Floor mats
? 470 Child seat ISOFIX attachment, front with airbag deactivation
? 534 Air conditioning, automatic with extended features

Fatlab
Old 02-13-2007, 05:56 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Fatlab' post='390992' date='Feb 13 2007, 02:00 PM
I checked with the dealer yesterday when I ordered an LCI 530d Sport and he confirmed that the A/C (534) is now the same as the advanced model originally fitted to the 535d and optional on all the rest of the pre-LCI cars.

LCI Additional Standard Kit
525d/530d/523i/525i/530i SE / M Sport:
– 423 Floor mats
– 470 Child seat ISOFIX attachment, front with airbag deactivation
– 534 Air conditioning, automatic with extended features

Fatlab
Floor mats have been part of the delivery package here for a while now (you have to pay handsomely for 'delivery' anyway)
I wonder if dealers will now reduce their delivery fee now that the mats are included in the pre-delivery price?
Fat chance...
Old 02-13-2007, 06:13 AM
Members

My Ride: '05 530D Sport Auto plus bits.

Originally Posted by Raighne' post='391017' date='Feb 13 2007, 02:56 PM
Floor mats have been part of the delivery package here for a while now (you have to pay handsomely for 'delivery' anyway)
I wonder if dealers will now reduce their delivery fee now that the mats are included in the pre-delivery price?
Fat chance...
On my '05 530d Sport the mats were a ?105 option. This time round delivery is ?592

Fatlab

Quick Reply: LCI confusion