E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

LCI confusion

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 10:54 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello,

I have placed an order for a BMW525D SE and I have the following issues:

1) the colour; why is there so little choice and why is it so dificult to see samples. If you order the car today it is impossible to see all the colour samples properly yet they now only sell LCI models. I don't like silver/grey so I 'had' to choose 'deep sea blue' without seeing the colour. BMW have now E-mailed me some pictures of the touring model in that colour so that I have at least got an idea.

2) I ordered my car with the luxury pacage and the media package. The luxury packed is supposed to included the extended or advanced air-conditioning. However on the list supplied by BMW it has been omitted and I am now having dificulty trying to find out if it is included or not. if it is not included I seriously question the value of the luxury package.

3) I have ordered the USB2 integration and at this stage I am unable to detemine whether the USB socket will be positioned at the back of the central console (next to the AUX socket). If it is positioned there then for ?205 it would not the most ridiculous design ever. Considering the Aux was positioned there on the previsou release you would have thought that some would have realised that it is not a good location (especially not with pasengers)

I wanted to start this rant/topic to 1) see if I could get some more answers and 2) for other people to also have the opportunity to place questions.

I guess some of the answers will probably have to wait until end of March when the 1st cars start to appear. Maybe the new brochure (whenever that's due to come out) will clear some of these issues up.

Regardless of the above rant I am looking forward to the arrival of the new car.

Look forward to your replies.

Vincent
Old 02-09-2007, 12:16 PM
Members

Originally Posted by vinver' post='389384' date='Feb 9 2007, 08:54 PM
Hello,

1) the colour; why is there so little choice and why is it so dificult to see samples. If you order the car today it is impossible to see all the colour samples properly yet they now only sell LCI models. I don't like silver/grey so I 'had' to choose 'deep sea blue' without seeing the colour. BMW have now E-mailed me some pictures of the touring model in that colour so that I have at least got an idea.

2) I ordered my car with the luxury pacage and the media package. The luxury packed is supposed to included the extended or advanced air-conditioning. However on the list supplied by BMW it has been omitted and I am now having dificulty trying to find out if it is included or not. if it is not included I seriously question the value of the luxury package.

3) I have ordered the USB2 integration and at this stage I am unable to detemine whether the USB socket will be positioned at the back of the central console (next to the AUX socket). If it is positioned there then for ?205 it would not the most ridiculous design ever. Considering the Aux was positioned there on the previsou release you would have thought that some would have realised that it is not a good location (especially not with pasengers)

I wanted to start this rant/topic to 1) see if I could get some more answers and 2) for other people to also have the opportunity to place questions.

I guess some of the answers will probably have to wait until end of March when the 1st cars start to appear. Maybe the new brochure (whenever that's due to come out) will clear some of these issues up.

Regardless of the above rant I am looking forward to the arrival of the new car.

Look forward to your replies.

Vincent

Do you have pics of the car in space grey?

Please post them, I ordered an 525d E61 but saw this colour only on an E92
See doc below it contains BMW UK info for dealers. ac advanced should now be standard on 6/8 cil models
UK_briefing_for_E60.pdf
Thanks
Old 02-09-2007, 08:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 525d M Sport in Carbon Black

I orderedmy e60 yesterday and faced similar problems, what I can tell you isthat some of the e60 colours are currently being used on the 3 series coupe (UK), it may be worth a browse to see if your choice is avaliable. I know for a fact that SPACE GREY is a 3 series Coupe colour as i saw one in the felsh yesterday... nice car too, if only i could sell the family on ebay I'd definatly be in a 3 Coupe

2) I ordered my car with the luxury package and the media package. The luxury packed is supposed to included the extended or advanced air-conditioning. However on the list supplied by BMW it has been omitted and I am now having dificulty trying to find out if it is included or not. if it is not included I seriously question the value of the luxury package.
I believe the pdf file mentioned on the above reply has all the info currently avaliable to uk dealers, pretty shabby if you ask me given the amount of cash involved in buying an e60 I would have thought they would be better informed, only a few weeks till they start building and as yet no specs on certain items.

I to have ordered the usb2 integration, i believe it is located next to the Aux in which retains it's place at the back of the centre console, it's an expensive option for what it is i guess but none the less should be an interesting gadget

I'm also looking forward to my new car e60 525d M Sport in Carbon Black

R
Old 02-09-2007, 08:33 PM
Members

Originally Posted by e60scotland' post='389524' date='Feb 10 2007, 05:24 AM
I orderedmy e60 yesterday and faced similar problems, what I can tell you isthat some of the e60 colours are currently being used on the 3 series coupe (UK), it may be worth a browse to see if your choice is avaliable. I know for a fact that SPACE GREY is a 3 series Coupe colour as i saw one in the felsh yesterday... nice car too, if only i could sell the family on ebay I'd definatly be in a 3 Coupe
I believe the pdf file mentioned on the above reply has all the info currently avaliable to uk dealers, pretty shabby if you ask me given the amount of cash involved in buying an e60 I would have thought they would be better informed, only a few weeks till they start building and as yet no specs on certain items.
I to have ordered the usb2 integration, i believe it is located next to the Aux in which retains it's place at the back of the centre console, it's an expensive option for what it is i guess but none the less should be an interesting gadget

I'm also looking forward to my new car e60 525d M Sport in Carbon Black

R
Hi thanks for your reply.

I am really disappointed the USB interface is located at the baxk of the central console. It means the cable is going to get kicked etc. It's poor design for something that is certainly not cheap.

Have they given you a delivery date?
Old 02-10-2007, 04:50 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by vinver' post='389528' date='Feb 10 2007, 06:33 AM
Hi thanks for your reply.

I am really disappointed the USB interface is located at the baxk of the central console. It means the cable is going to get kicked etc. It's poor design for something that is certainly not cheap.

Have they given you a delivery date?
When will we see these in the accessory shop at the local BMW dealer
Old 02-10-2007, 06:00 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 320d SE (E90) manual - Sapphire Black, Beige Leather Sports Seats, Burled Walnut, Heated Seats, Sunroof, Comfort Access, Hi-Fi sound, Bluetooth, Side-Window blinds, Through-Load, Luggage Net, PDC Front & Rear, Adaptive Xenons, Style 158 17", Chrome Grill & Window Trim, Blackline Tailights, Power folding/dimming side mirrors, Split Armrest, Dual Zone Climate, Cruise, LEDs on door handles, iPod nano, SE K750i

Originally Posted by Scandic24' post='389601' date='Feb 10 2007, 01:50 PM
When will we see these in the accessory shop at the local BMW dealer
So would you use this extender just to avoid having the cable stick straight out... making it less likely it would be hit/damaged?
Also, could the iPod be stored in the centre armrest (is there a gap anywhere near the lid to get a cable out)

What a hack <sigh> ...
Old 02-10-2007, 07:52 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Raighne' post='389612' date='Feb 10 2007, 04:00 PM
So would you use this extender just to avoid having the cable stick straight out... making it less likely it would be hit/damaged?
Also, could the iPod be stored in the centre armrest (is there a gap anywhere near the lid to get a cable out)

What a hack <sigh> ...
Yup! It will probably stick out just as much but it will look a bit better. A thing to hope for is that they have done some thinking and made a notch in the armrest wall to put the cable in...
Old 02-10-2007, 08:05 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 320d SE (E90) manual - Sapphire Black, Beige Leather Sports Seats, Burled Walnut, Heated Seats, Sunroof, Comfort Access, Hi-Fi sound, Bluetooth, Side-Window blinds, Through-Load, Luggage Net, PDC Front & Rear, Adaptive Xenons, Style 158 17", Chrome Grill & Window Trim, Blackline Tailights, Power folding/dimming side mirrors, Split Armrest, Dual Zone Climate, Cruise, LEDs on door handles, iPod nano, SE K750i

Originally Posted by Scandic24' post='389652' date='Feb 10 2007, 04:52 PM
Yup! It will probably stick out just as much but it will look a bit better. A thing to hope for is that they have done some thinking and made a notch in the armrest wall to put the cable in...
On the E90, they put the aux port inside the armrest (thankfully)
However, they did not put a notch in the wall of the armrest so that you could have your iPod in the centre console with the wire feeding into the aux port inside. Another example of utterly thoughtless design from BMW.

They are just not good at this kind of stuff...
Old 02-10-2007, 10:17 AM
Members

Here is the link tu UK dealer info on the new E60
Its an pdf file

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=36405
Old 02-11-2007, 01:09 AM
Members

I have just changed my order from Deep Sea Blue to Carbon Black on the basis that elsewhere in this forum the description of this colour sounds very attractive.

I have resigned myself to the fact that the USB interface will be positioned in this stupid location and that I will have a cable sticking out from the back of my central console which is disappointing but I want to have the full Ipod integration plus it allows me to charge my mobile.

I am currently involved in a conversation with BMW which is becoming more and more dificult. I have ordered the luxury pack n the basis that I get the extended advanced air conditioning and to date nobody can confirm that post-LCI this will still be the case. BMW keep telling me that airconditioning is standard in all cars and that therefore it is not included in the pack. I keep trying to make clear to them that it is the "extended" air conditioning I am after. If anybody else knows the answer I would appreciate if they could let me know.

Quick Reply: LCI confusion