E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

LCI Autobox

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 03:23 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jambers' post='1017917' date='Sep 26 2009, 07:43 PM
Software Update and Voila, much better!! Will see how it goes...
Well...what can I say??

The difference is day and night!

For a starter, when I change from P to D or R, the little D or R light comes on instantly, whereas before it would take a few milliseconds of latency.

Then, and this is the biggest improvement, when I drive away in D, the start up is cleaner, the drive itself feels so much smoother though I'm not sure how that could be affected, and the gear changes are so much more smoother - it's totally transformed the drive!!

Does anyone know if the new software is a common control piece (i.e. one bit of software controls gears, engine etc)?

Lastly there is fuel economy - which appears to have improved by 10%, though as I writ this I think I'd need to check it is UK MPG and not reset during the flash to US MPG....which would mean it's even better!!!!!!! I saw 50.6 MPG ysterday on a 200+ mile run, averaging 56mph (trying to keep at or around the national speed limit)

The only thing left now are them run flats...I need to get rid o' those and get a proper set of tyres, spare and jack kit...
Old 10-06-2009, 10:04 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 550i w/ sport package: bone stock :( 2006 Yamaha R-6exy Raven: Fully Loaded Track weapon 2004 Ducati 749 Testaretta: Fully Loaded two other family cars that I dont care to mention, lol!

Where can you see if ur 5 has the most current update?
Old 10-07-2009, 12:42 PM
Members

HmmmmmCan't help with that one, but been driving around for a few days and the drive is still excellent, no lurching or jolting either, but that lag on first start up has returned......back to the delares me thinks!!
Old 10-08-2009, 03:43 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by Jambers' post='1027074' date='Oct 7 2009, 04:42 PM
HmmmmmCan't help with that one, but been driving around for a few days and the drive is still excellent, no lurching or jolting either, but that lag on first start up has returned......back to the delares me thinks!!
Same thing happened to me when the dealer first updated the software. Seemed to run fine for a few days and then the slam came back. After they changed the tranny, the problem has not recurred (crossed fingers).
Old 10-21-2009, 02:31 AM
Members

Well, I've video'd the misbehaviour and given it to my local dealership, who have watched it and tell me it's normal and within acceptable limits...apparently there is a pressure release valve, which can be "open" or "Closed" at any given time.

It seems I'm starting the car and trying to drive away when the valve was open from last switch off, so there's little pressure in the Box. Hmmmm....I hope this isn't a fob off!

Is this correct? If it is then I must be the only one who seems to be shutting the car down regularly with that valve open!! It's more prevelant when the car has been standing for 24-36 hours, so may be it opens itself after 24 hours

I've still 11 months of warranty so I'm going to perservere with this, see how it goes and if it gets even mildly worse, send a video into BMW GB. Also, it's a mystery how this has only started in the last few months.

I'm tempted to Youtube the video, but will hold off for now, as I know dealers and Manufacturers do not like it!!
Old 10-21-2009, 02:40 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by Jambers' post='1037319' date='Oct 21 2009, 06:31 AM
Well, I've video'd the misbehaviour and given it to my local dealership, who have watched it and tell me it's normal and within acceptable limits...apparently there is a pressure release valve, which can be "open" or "Closed" at any given time.

It seems I'm starting the car and trying to drive away when the valve was open from last switch off, so there's little pressure in the Box. Hmmmm....I hope this isn't a fob off!

Is this correct? If it is then I must be the only one who seems to be shutting the car down regularly with that valve open!! It's more prevelant when the car has been standing for 24-36 hours, so may be it opens itself after 24 hours

I've still 11 months of warranty so I'm going to perservere with this, see how it goes and if it gets even mildly worse, send a video into BMW GB. Also, it's a mystery how this has only started in the last few months.

I'm tempted to Youtube the video, but will hold off for now, as I know dealers and Manufacturers do not like it!!
That type of transmission misbehavior does not happen with my Step. I think that your dealer is wrong. Take your ride to another dealer.