E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

at last --SUCCESS !!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 01:34 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 BMW 535d Mport, Carbon Black, Black Leather, stepped M167s, Visibility Pack, Media Pack, auto dimming mirror, full individually updated 200 W amp and speaker package including new door panels.
Cool

After days of messing around with software upgrades and various CD formats, I can now say that after upgrading my software to 27 on pro SATNAV and carefully following the instructions on CD burning as listed below

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=...rt=#entry262725

I can now say that I enjoy MP3's better than any IPOD could. The unit recognises root folder structure, and lists all the tunes in the correct order per album. I burnt a DVD too and guess what - I have 4.5 GB of music playing from the DVD player, again properly indexed with root folders containing each album, properly named, and the track titles clearly printed with no abbreviations.

If anyone is going to do a software upgrade make sure that they enable the MP# capability because it does not happen automatically in the upgrade. There is a service bulletin that I found on here that you could look for and give to your dealer if they don't know what you are talking about. It is

SI B65 30 05
Sound System, Cruise, Alarms, Monitors March 2006
Technical Service

I must thank this forum, because without it I would still be taking the car to bits.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:43 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535xi Monaco Blue Dark Burl Walnut Black Leather Comfort Package Sports Package Cold Weather Package Nav Logic 7 18" Sport Wheels Xenon Interior and License Plate Light Upgrade

Well Done
Old 10-05-2007, 06:45 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 06 530XI Sapphire Black, Black Int. 6sp, Cold, Prem

Good job
Old 10-05-2007, 07:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Yay
Old 10-05-2007, 08:45 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 545i Sport
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

I, too, would like to share in your happiness . Just picked up car from dealer and all my complaints have been resolved. The creaking noises from door seals(SI, wipers, AC, Oil/Filter change, and the MP3 retrofit. First thing I did when I got home is burn an mp3(cd-r) disc ( I'll burn a DVD mp3 disc later). It works too! Is there a way to find out the latest software version installed? Thanks in advance.
Old 10-06-2007, 08:53 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 Mercedes CLS63 AMG Designo Graphite with white leather interior Keyless Go, Heated/Ventilated seats, Parktronic

Nice work!
Old 10-09-2007, 11:20 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 BMW 535d Mport, Carbon Black, Black Leather, stepped M167s, Visibility Pack, Media Pack, auto dimming mirror, full individually updated 200 W amp and speaker package including new door panels.

it is very important to make sure that the Mp3's are not over 192 bitrate as they dont work. I had sat down and loaded up a DVD with Mp3's without checkingg the bitrate and it was skipping and pausing all over the place. I downloaded an application called 4musics bitrate converter and it batch changed the bitrates that were higher back to 192.

Reburnt the disc and it worked a dream, no skipping or hanging.

To double check, I burnt another DVD with one song only at 320 bitrate and the rest 192 and it skipped that song only and the rest worked.

It seems that the quality of the head in both the CD drive and DVD is nowhere near up to the standard of a normal drive in a PC and shouldnt be seen as that.

The fact is with this set up there is no need to go to the expense of installing the IPOD link as this I think is far superior at the end of the day.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:55 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 11 550i Sophisto Gray/Oyster Black/Anthracite, Sprt Trns, DHP, IAS, SP, PP1, PP2, CWP, HUD, DAP, AVSP, SF RS, CA, ACC - Euro Del

How is it superior?
Old 10-10-2007, 04:53 AM
Members

Originally Posted by pharding' post='479808' date='Oct 10 2007, 01:55 PM
How is it superior?
the IPOD is slow in responding to Idrive commands, doesnt keep your folder structure if your songs dont have the same ID tags so you end up with bits of an album all over the place, that IPOD itself that hangs and needs resetting all the time and you dont have to deal with I-Tunes AT ALL (the best bit)

I mean, with 4.5GB of tunes on a DVD, it gives you a chance to write a new disk every couple of months or so, and keep things fresh. and you dont have to scroll through 20GB of music, to find your favourite tune.

I have had a IPOD in my car for a couple of years and the DVD is so much nicer (dont use the SAT NAV though as there are no maps here).
Old 10-10-2007, 05:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by jazzdude' post='479821' date='Oct 10 2007, 05:53 AM
the IPOD is slow in responding to Idrive commands, doesnt keep your folder structure if your songs dont have the same ID tags so you end up with bits of an album all over the place, that IPOD itself that hangs and needs resetting all the time and you dont have to deal with I-Tunes AT ALL (the best bit)

I mean, with 4.5GB of tunes on a DVD, it gives you a chance to write a new disk every couple of months or so, and keep things fresh. and you dont have to scroll through 20GB of music, to find your favourite tune.

I have had a IPOD in my car for a couple of years and the DVD is so much nicer (dont use the SAT NAV though as there are no maps here).
You don't have to scroll through 20GB of music to find your favorite tune on an iPod, either, and despite close to 80GB of music on my iPod I don't have any of the file structure and ID3 tag issues you describe.