E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

at last --SUCCESS !!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 06:35 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 BMW 535d Mport, Carbon Black, Black Leather, stepped M167s, Visibility Pack, Media Pack, auto dimming mirror, full individually updated 200 W amp and speaker package including new door panels.

Originally Posted by swajames' post='479831' date='Oct 10 2007, 04:54 PM
You don't have to scroll through 20GB of music to find your favorite tune on an iPod, either, and despite close to 80GB of music on my iPod I don't have any of the file structure and ID3 tag issues you describe.
Maybe its the way you have your I-Tunes set up or the fact that the ID tag on your tunes are set up properly. I don't use I-tunes on my PC, I have over 80GB of unformatted music on 2 hard drives that are played through Winamp and Virtual DJ (which I like more than I tunes as it plays from the PC's folder structure on my PC not I-tunes). When I open I-tunes and bring the music in, the albums are broken up, as some have been sourced as singles and not albums then joined up. Meaning if I went to find an album it could have two or three pieces to it.

So the truth is, thats how my Ipod showed the tracks when I used it and why I like the DVD's structure with root folders more
Old 10-10-2007, 08:07 AM
Contributors

Old 11-27-2007, 11:24 PM
Members

My Ride: Alpine White F11 520D SE 2013
After much burning, trying, binning DVDs and burning again I too have success. Thanks to the many who have answered my questions and helped me to create a DVD with 4.5GB of my favourite music on.

My commute was so enjoyable this morning, listening to Nirvana and U2 driving in the rain, yelling my head off just like I did as a spotty 17 year old, that I even dared to turn traction control off...although there's not much point to this when stuck in traffic on the London orbital motorway, heh heh!!

Brilliant...great sound, and almost half my music collection in my e60 with no ipod wires, interference or expense!