E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Lack Of Buyer's Remorse

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 04:03 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2011 M3 Convertible, Alpine White/black, 6 speed 2011 535xi Tasmin Green, Venetian Beige

Gotta love it.
Old 03-17-2008, 04:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535xi- Alpine White, Natural Brown Interior, Sport Pack, Premium Pack, Comfort Access, 20 way Multi-contor seats, Navigation, 18" rims, Cold Weather Pack

Originally Posted by pukka' post='546499' date='Mar 17 2008, 05:57 PM
No buyers remorse for me. I actually started planning this purchase back in 2006. For the first time, I set a price point that would include almost all options, then I spent a month going over the brochure and making sure I wanted all of the options I checked.

Of all the E60's sold through my dealer, very few had as many options as mine so it was difficult to find somebody that had something I was on the fence about to get their opinion. Overall I'm absolutely thrilled with the car.
i started looking the christmas before i got my car the following sept.and odered my car in july, splurged a little out of my price range but got 85% of the possible options cause i plan on running this car till it gives out. my only regret is not getting the anthracite headliner but minor. and i must say the more i drive the more i love my car. my wife mocks me cause she catches me staring at it and admiring it, i also got the first 6 spd manual sold from my dealer im smitten boys
Old 03-17-2008, 04:22 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by calpalmer' post='546568' date='Mar 17 2008, 08:03 PM
Same here, Rudy, I think this transmission is really going to work out well.... Somewhere along the way somebody had told me the SAT would lock out 6th gear in manual mode, and I thought that's a bit of a bummer... not true at all, so all's well. The paddle shifters are my first experience with such, and I can't wait for some stretches up in the mountains I know about, when I head east next week. Goofed with them on our back roads in Pierce County coming home tonight, and I like what I've seen so far.

Cal
I think 6th gear is locked out when in sport mode (not the console button but the S1, S2, S3... mode.)

I've said it a million times before but I'll say it again, I always drive my car in manual mode with the sport button pressed...
Old 03-17-2008, 04:49 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550i, Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Nav, Jet Black, natural brown interior, automatic, Logic 7, ipod, lane departure warning.

Originally Posted by JeffNNJ' post='546470' date='Mar 17 2008, 05:14 PM
I always have buyer's remorse after a purchase. The more expensive the purchase the more strongly I feel that maybe I should have bought something different. With my 2006 550, I had wished that I would have waited another year to get the better steering wheel and comfort seats that became standard with the Sport package in 07. I also hated the gray head liner as well as the dark burl wood trim. There was absolutely nothing else dark brown and I thought that it blended in poorly with the interior. I really wanted anthracite wood trim and head liner but I opted to save some money and buy what they had in stock at the end of the model year.

I can honestly say that the more I drive my 08 550, the more I love it. The Platinum gray is such a nice, rich color and the Natural Brown seats look great. I bit the bullet and sprung for the anthracite head liner and am thrilled with the way it looks. I thought that I might miss the stick but the SA is just so refined and fun to drive that I am quickly becoming a convert. This really may be the first thing I have purchased in a long long time that I would absolutely buy again the exact same way.
That's great. Congrats. One question, does the SA have a "lag" when you floor it in first gear. I have the regular auto, and this hesitation, or delay is starting to piss me off. I just hit 1200 miles, so i'm starting to truly understand the power...every other gear is fine, but first gear from a complete stop is not good. Any thoughts?
Old 03-17-2008, 04:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 M3 Convertible, Alpine White/black, 6 speed 2011 535xi Tasmin Green, Venetian Beige

Originally Posted by moschse' post='546597' date='Mar 17 2008, 08:49 PM
That's great. Congrats. One question, does the SA have a "lag" when you floor it in first gear. I have the regular auto, and this hesitation, or delay is starting to piss me off. I just hit 1200 miles, so i'm starting to truly understand the power...every other gear is fine, but first gear from a complete stop is not good. Any thoughts?
No idea.Haven't floored it yet. Have less then 300 miles on it.
Old 03-17-2008, 05:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

Originally Posted by JeffNNJ' post='546470' date='Mar 17 2008, 05:14 PM
I always have buyer's remorse after a purchase. The more expensive the purchase the more strongly I feel that maybe I should have bought something different. With my 2006 550, I had wished that I would have waited another year to get the better steering wheel and comfort seats that became standard with the Sport package in 07. I also hated the gray head liner as well as the dark burl wood trim. There was absolutely nothing else dark brown and I thought that it blended in poorly with the interior. I really wanted anthracite wood trim and head liner but I opted to save some money and buy what they had in stock at the end of the model year.

I can honestly say that the more I drive my 08 550, the more I love it. The Platinum gray is such a nice, rich color and the Natural Brown seats look great. I bit the bullet and sprung for the anthracite head liner and am thrilled with the way it looks. I thought that I might miss the stick but the SA is just so refined and fun to drive that I am quickly becoming a convert. This really may be the first thing I have purchased in a long long time that I would absolutely buy again the exact same way.
................you're killing me 11 days and counting
Old 03-18-2008, 06:22 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by TMQ' post='546522' date='Mar 17 2008, 05:27 PM
I will forever kick myself for not getting the sport package. True, it was winter, and I didn't want to deal with the issue of performance tires on lousy slippery roads, and my 2-yr old will be often riding in the back.

Now I can say that I drive the somewhat sporty sedan with status.

I don't regret anything else though, and am fine without the turbo.
You can try to replicate the sport package by using lowering springs and new wheels. You won't get the same exact feel of the sport package, but you will get pretty close (with good looks too).
Old 03-18-2008, 07:06 AM
ukr
Members

My Ride: 530i n52
Model Year: 2006

I will most definitely get Active steering next time. It just completes the whole Sport package. I couldn't believe how much more effort and lack of response to rapid steering movement there is without ACS.
Old 03-18-2008, 07:06 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 530i Individual, DVD Package, HUD, Bluetooth, Comfort Seats, SR, etc

i have already started saving for my F10, since its gonna be around the ball park of $140k(in Bangladesh) or a little more in 2010, I will probably buy fall of 2011, and will get the stuff I missed out most ... Logic 7
Old 03-18-2008, 09:35 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i with everything

I liked my car so much I just paid cash for it off-lease after driving it for 3 years.

Quick Reply: Lack Of Buyer's Remorse