E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Lack Of Buyer's Remorse

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 01:14 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2011 M3 Convertible, Alpine White/black, 6 speed 2011 535xi Tasmin Green, Venetian Beige

I always have buyer's remorse after a purchase. The more expensive the purchase the more strongly I feel that maybe I should have bought something different. With my 2006 550, I had wished that I would have waited another year to get the better steering wheel and comfort seats that became standard with the Sport package in 07. I also hated the gray head liner as well as the dark burl wood trim. There was absolutely nothing else dark brown and I thought that it blended in poorly with the interior. I really wanted anthracite wood trim and head liner but I opted to save some money and buy what they had in stock at the end of the model year.

I can honestly say that the more I drive my 08 550, the more I love it. The Platinum gray is such a nice, rich color and the Natural Brown seats look great. I bit the bullet and sprung for the anthracite head liner and am thrilled with the way it looks. I thought that I might miss the stick but the SA is just so refined and fun to drive that I am quickly becoming a convert. This really may be the first thing I have purchased in a long long time that I would absolutely buy again the exact same way.
Old 03-17-2008, 01:57 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

No buyers remorse for me. I actually started planning this purchase back in 2006. For the first time, I set a price point that would include almost all options, then I spent a month going over the brochure and making sure I wanted all of the options I checked.

Of all the E60's sold through my dealer, very few had as many options as mine so it was difficult to find somebody that had something I was on the fence about to get their opinion. Overall I'm absolutely thrilled with the car.

I thought that purchasing the BMW would mean more garage time for the Camaro - I was wrong. Both are extremely fun to drive depending on which mood I'm in
Old 03-17-2008, 02:02 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by JeffNNJ' post='546470' date='Mar 17 2008, 04:14 PM
I always have buyer's remorse after a purchase. The more expensive the purchase the more strongly I feel that maybe I should have bought something different. With my 2006 550, I had wished that I would have waited another year to get the better steering wheel and comfort seats that became standard with the Sport package in 07. I also hated the gray head liner as well as the dark burl wood trim. There was absolutely nothing else dark brown and I thought that it blended in poorly with the interior. I really wanted anthracite wood trim and head liner but I opted to save some money and buy what they had in stock at the end of the model year.

I can honestly say that the more I drive my 08 550, the more I love it. The Platinum gray is such a nice, rich color and the Natural Brown seats look great. I bit the bullet and sprung for the anthracite head liner and am thrilled with the way it looks. I thought that I might miss the stick but the SA is just so refined and fun to drive that I am quickly becoming a convert. This really may be the first thing I have purchased in a long long time that I would absolutely buy again the exact same way.

Any update picture for your ACS spoilers?
Old 03-17-2008, 02:27 PM
TMQ
Members

My Ride: 2008 528i: Silver/Black/Light Wood, ZPP, ZCW, STEP, Comfort Seat, Heated Rear Seat, PDC, Xenon, Nav, iPod. 35% ceramic tint, VentureShield clear bra.

I will forever kick myself for not getting the sport package. True, it was winter, and I didn't want to deal with the issue of performance tires on lousy slippery roads, and my 2-yr old will be often riding in the back.

Now I can say that I drive the somewhat sporty sedan with status.

I don't regret anything else though, and am fine without the turbo.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Originally Posted by TMQ' post='546522' date='Mar 17 2008, 02:27 PM
I will forever kick myself for not getting the sport package. True, it was winter, and I didn't want to deal with the issue of performance tires on lousy slippery roads, and my 2-yr old will be often riding in the back.

Now I can say that I drive the somewhat sporty sedan with status.

I don't regret anything else though, and am fine without the turbo.
Whoa, Dude, nice picture!!
Old 03-17-2008, 03:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 M3 Convertible, Alpine White/black, 6 speed 2011 535xi Tasmin Green, Venetian Beige

Originally Posted by k Wang' post='546500' date='Mar 17 2008, 06:02 PM
Any update picture for your ACS spoilers?
It goes on tomorrow Thanks for asking.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:40 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 Space Gray 550i, Light Poplar Wood, Anthracite Head Liner, Sport Package, Sport Automatic Transmission, Cold Weather Package, Front Ventilated Comfort Seats in Black Nasca Leather, NAV, HUD, Active Steering, Comfort Access, Night Vision, Lane Deviation Warning, Active Cruise Control, Heated Rear Seats, Folding Rear Seats, Power Shade w/ Rear Side-Shades, Rear Air Bags, Logic 7, HD Radio, Sirius Satellite Radio, iPod/USB Adapter. Car in BMW Body Shop, estimated completion 01/24/07.

I just can't STAND this damned headlight washer that sprays suds all over my hood every 3rd pull or whatever.... Kinda wishing I had kept looking a bit longer...

Just kidding. LOVE THIS CAR.

Cal
Old 03-17-2008, 03:53 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by calpalmer' post='546560' date='Mar 17 2008, 07:40 PM
I just can't STAND this damned headlight washer that sprays suds all over my hood every 3rd pull or whatever.... Kinda wishing I had kept looking a bit longer...

Just kidding. LOVE THIS CAR.

Cal
Cal, turn off the headlights before you spritz the windshield. I believe that keeps the headlamp washers from going on.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:59 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Jeff, I'm sure you'll love the sport auto even more as you break the car in and develop a "feel" for how it behaves/responds. The sport auto is the most impressive automatic transmission I've ever driven and it really amazes me pretty much every day...
Old 03-17-2008, 04:03 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 Space Gray 550i, Light Poplar Wood, Anthracite Head Liner, Sport Package, Sport Automatic Transmission, Cold Weather Package, Front Ventilated Comfort Seats in Black Nasca Leather, NAV, HUD, Active Steering, Comfort Access, Night Vision, Lane Deviation Warning, Active Cruise Control, Heated Rear Seats, Folding Rear Seats, Power Shade w/ Rear Side-Shades, Rear Air Bags, Logic 7, HD Radio, Sirius Satellite Radio, iPod/USB Adapter. Car in BMW Body Shop, estimated completion 01/24/07.

Same here, Rudy, I think this transmission is really going to work out well.... Somewhere along the way somebody had told me the SAT would lock out 6th gear in manual mode, and I thought that's a bit of a bummer... not true at all, so all's well. The paddle shifters are my first experience with such, and I can't wait for some stretches up in the mountains I know about, when I head east next week. Goofed with them on our back roads in Pierce County coming home tonight, and I like what I've seen so far.

Cal

Quick Reply: Lack Of Buyer's Remorse