E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Korean E-60 Sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 11:11 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60

Originally Posted by seoulman' post='684306' date='Oct 3 2008, 03:08 PM
Most of the time you can't even call it rain~ It's that irritating drizzle!
Yeah.... that izzle really can get you down.

It did it for Snoop Dogg and he's way down!
Old 10-02-2008, 11:17 PM
Senior Members

Seoulman, coming from an Audi expert, what is your opinion in regards to the
longevity of the R8? In terms of reliability&maintenience, and how long before
Audi discontinues it?

Asking cuz the present wait is around 1.5-2 years so.....

And yeah, I might be crazy but I just might get this one as soon as Audi takes over.
A friend of mine wants to order as soon as this happens and he's hard selling me on
the idea of us ordering together.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:06 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2014 530d XDrive M Sport

Originally Posted by BigMike' post='684320' date='Oct 3 2008, 04:17 PM
Seoulman, coming from an Audi expert, what is your opinion in regards to the
longevity of the R8? In terms of reliability & maintenience, and how long before
Audi discontinues it?

Asking cuz the present wait is around 1.5-2 years so.....

And yeah, I might be crazy but I just might get this one as soon as Audi takes over.
A friend of mine wants to order as soon as this happens and he's hard selling me on
the idea of us ordering together.
The life cycle of sports cars tend to be longer than sedans, coupes, SUVs, etc. Not because sports cars cost more to develop and manufacture (and they do cost much more to develop and manufacture), but because of ROI. Because sports cars sell in smaller numbers, it takes a manufacturer longer to recover the investment in developing and manufacturing the car. Expect the R8 to have a life cycle longer than an A6 or A8. However, do expect upgrades and face lifts. As for reliability, it's too early to judge. The car has only been out for a year, so there isn't enough data to accurately show how reliable the car is. But the engine in the R8 is the same engine in the RS4... if you can get data regarding the RS4 engine, reliability should be similar. As for maintenance costs, you know that it's going to be really high. Unavoidable with sports cars. Expect the maintenance to be higher than say a RS6 but lower than a Lamborghini. One more thing, just because Audi takes over importation from the local company does not mean that they will import the R8. If you buy a direct import, no authorized Audi dealer will service it for you.
Old 10-03-2008, 08:18 AM
Senior Members

I think that Audi will import some seeing that there is interest and it also serves as a moving Audi advertisement in the streets full of Lexuses and BMWs.

From what my friend in Audi's importer says, they (Audi) are really struggling to increase their sales (which are very low) and Audi thinks they could be even more aggressive in marketing in terms of pricing, etc -- so who knows, maybe I'll end up with one! LOL
Old 10-03-2008, 10:14 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BigMike' post='684535' date='Oct 4 2008, 01:18 AM
I think that Audi will import some seeing that there is interest and it also serves as a moving Audi advertisement in the streets full of Lexuses and BMWs.

From what my friend in Audi's importer says, they (Audi) are really struggling to increase their sales (which are very low) and Audi thinks they could be even more aggressive in marketing in terms of pricing, etc -- so who knows, maybe I'll end up with one! LOL
Some info for you on Audi Taiwan Limited. They will start operations in February 2009.

http://www.automobilsport.com/audi-invests...rk---41673.html

http://news.infibeam.com/blog/news/2008/07...ious_goals.html

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2...28/094623.html

http://www.prdomain.com/companies/V/Volksw...00872960357.htm
Old 10-03-2008, 12:54 PM
Contributors

Hey Dave did you say you were into collecting watches? check it out....I put my name down on the waiting list six months ago for a rolex daytona and I finally got a call yesterday. I'm supposed to go pick it up on monday. Just wondering what current prices are in korea for a stainless black face daytona. He quoted me $9950 but I think I can get him to bring it down a little since i'll be paying cash. The thing is i was contemplating on getting either the roli or the panerai pam 250. What do you think sHould I just pull the trigger?
Old 10-03-2008, 01:10 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by dbae1978' post='684751' date='Oct 4 2008, 05:54 AM
Hey Dave did you say you were into collecting watches? check it out....I put my name down on the waiting list six months ago for a rolex daytona and I finally got a call yesterday. I'm supposed to go pick it up on monday. Just wondering what current prices are in korea for a stainless black face daytona. He quoted me $9950 but I think I can get him to bring it down a little since i'll be paying cash. The thing is i was contemplating on getting either the roli or the panerai pam 250. What do you think sHould I just pull the trigger?
Dave! Yes, you are right! I collect watches. Six months is a fairly short wait to get a Rolex Daytona in stainless steel. In Asia, wait lists are at least a year long. Unless you pay double MSRP for it. In Korea, the Daytona in stainless steel costs about double your quoted price. It's expensive and you have to wait a long time for it. In Korea, the steel and gold versions of the Daytona costs about the same, so most people just buy the gold/steel combi which is cheaper than the steel one, or go for a gold one.

You have a tough choice to make. Both the Rolex and Panerai are my favorite watches. I have the Daytona and the PAM 250. Both are hard to get in Korea and the rest of Asia. Which is more difficult to get in Cali right now? If the Daytona is harder to get at MSRP, get the Daytona definitely! I would think that the PAM 250 would be a bit easier and cost a bit less.

My advice to you, pull the trigger on the Daytona. Panerai is the watch of the moment. Thank Sly Stallone for that one. The PAM 250 is named after the movie Daylight (Luminor Chronograph DAYLIGHT). The Rolex will hold it's value better over time and a Daytona, will always be a Daytona... It'll go with whatever you are wearing. The PAM 250 is a huge watch and goes better with more casual dress. Make a deal and enjoy the Roli!
Old 10-03-2008, 05:40 PM
Contributors

the panerai is easier to get and costs less. you say the daytona costs double in Korea ? That's nuts! Well since I waited this long I might as well get the roli.0
Old 10-03-2008, 09:29 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by dbae1978' post='684876' date='Oct 4 2008, 10:40 AM
the panerai is easier to get and costs less. you say the daytona costs double in Korea ? That's nuts! Well since I waited this long I might as well get the roli.0
Yeah! The Daytona costs double in Korea. I bought mine in Singapore. In fact, I bought all my watches outside of Korea. Korean prices are ridiculous and the importer and dealer are on drugs!

Get the Roli! You can always get the Panerai later because most stores will have stock or can order or delivery few days later.
Old 10-04-2008, 01:56 AM
Senior Members

Approximately 1,900 Audi vehicles were delivered to customers in Taiwan in 2007. Audi has set ambitious goals for itself in the future and is now getting ready to reach them with its own sales company. The brand with the four rings wants to more than double its sales figures in Taiwan.

Yep, up to now, they are falling short of the 4000 cars per year minimum sales target. The way I read this is: we want to double our sales so we're gonna do some aggressive marketing and pricing to win people away from their BMW and Lexuses. Great! Means a bit cheaper than they are at the moment.

?Our cars are very popular with customers in Taiwan, who have a high appreciation of design and technology. We will significantly expand our model range here,? says Andr? Konsbruck, Head of Sales Overseas. Audi will be introducing four new models on the Taiwanese market in 2009 ? including the recently presented Audi Q5 and the Audi R8 sports car.

Whoopie! There comes the R8! So what's left for me to deal with is pricing.. LOL

In addition, Audi is investing heavily in its dealership and service network. The brand with premium service wants to be the customer satisfaction leader and the most attractive employer in Taiwan as well.

Good! That means there'll be tooling/training/equipment to maintain the R8.

Quick Reply: Korean E-60 Sub-Forum