E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

knocking noise?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2004, 01:11 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the snr E60 tech came out in the car with me and he sat in the back. he heard noise took keys off me came back and 15 minutes later and said it was fixed and it was.

all I heard him say was it was a problem with the door lock catch, i assume he means the mechanism that secures the door to the hook on the bodywork when you close the door. I think the simply readjusted the catch as it was this that was loose slightly and was knocking over bumps.

Good luck.
Old 09-09-2004, 06:56 PM
MEX
Senior Members

thanks, i guess ill go see my dealer on saturday... i hope he has an e60 on colors i havent seen
Old 09-09-2004, 09:54 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by northernmonkey' date='Sep 7 2004, 11:27 PM
noticed a bit of a knocking noise, only when driving over potholes or speed humps. noise seems to come from area around rear passenger seat near the seat belt housing on the passengers side of the car. does not sound like anything todo with the suspension, it is definitely an interior component/trim noise.

any ideas what this could be?
Is there someone in your trunk and they got there hands free. They may want out.

Just kidding
Old 09-10-2004, 05:21 AM
Members

My car was in the dealer for some warranty issues last friday, one of which was a knocking from the rear seats. They established that it was lose catches on my folding rear seats. They were adjusted and all is fine.

I also complained about the lack of TMC on Business Nav, as all get is a message saying "No Reception". So it looks like the feature is there but doesn't work.

The response I got from the Service Department was that in South Wales, where my dealer is, the radio reception for TMC is very poor and thats why it doesn't work. They went on to say that if I lived in a "big city" then the signal is much stronger and the system will work. They concluded by saying that therefore there wasn't a problem, and it was normal. I then pointed out that I live in London during the week, and as that was a "big city" I should therefore get a signal, when in fact I don't.

At this point they very sheepishly conceded there maybe a fault and they would have to look at it again.

Two things annoyed me, the first was that I stated on a typed list of my problems that I get the "No reception" message wherever I am, and even mentioned London, and the second was that the conclusion that there wasn't a fault was not decided by the technicians, but by asking the head sales guy, who said he got the same message in his car so it must be a reception issue in South Wales.

Cheers,

Malc.
Old 09-10-2004, 05:47 AM
Senior Members

Malc,
your dealer talks crap...or is it my dealer

anyway i was told this week, and this confirms other threads on this forum. TMC for BusNav is NOT available in the UK at this time. It will be in either Q4/2004 or Q1/2005 which means Q1/2005 The fix will come via an updated NAV DVD that we will have to buy that includes the TMC codes etc. this is my dealers explanation of lack of TMC on BusNav anyway. I think the BusNav DVD is different to that used in ProNav but I would be wrong.
Old 09-14-2004, 05:05 AM
Members

Thanks for the update Northern Monkey. I did read in another thread about the new DVD. It's very annoying that we will have to pay for it, as the brochure shows TMC on Bus Nav. I also thought that they had TMC in Germany on Bus Nav.

Cheers,

Malc.
Old 09-14-2004, 06:54 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by Malc' date='Sep 14 2004, 03:05 PM
I also thought that they had TMC in Germany on Bus Nav.
In Germany we have it and it works, even on bus nav!