E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Kinda boring around here lately

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 04:28 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: SOLD...Jet Black 2008 550i M Sport with SAT, black interior. RPI exhaust and air scoop, 35% huper optik tint all around, CF roundels, flat black kidneys, Springfield Armory XD-40 jet black in glove box, charcoal filter removed.

Originally Posted by healthservices
Its just a car, Its not like it is something collectible like a old 63 vette or a 66 cobra, is it going to grow in value? I mean who are you saving it for, your grand kids?

Myself I guess. Just for the sake of keeping it in the best condition possible for the longest period of time. Someone else said it all when they said "trade that bitch in" for something else down the road. I have visions of either an M3 or M5 in my future, and want to make sure I can get all I can out of this the day I decide to finally sell it.

Look, not sure about you guys (some probably are, most probably aren't) but I'm not independently wealthy nor could I afford to buy a new BMW every year. I've said it before and I'll say it again, this is the best car I've ever owned - possibly the best car I will ever own. I appreciate that. So I want to keep it clean and unused for as long as I can.

I also love to drive it and have fun in it. Just not everyday, like back and forth to work. Don't need all that wear and tear.
Old 09-25-2010, 04:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: SOLD...Jet Black 2008 550i M Sport with SAT, black interior. RPI exhaust and air scoop, 35% huper optik tint all around, CF roundels, flat black kidneys, Springfield Armory XD-40 jet black in glove box, charcoal filter removed.

Its just a car, Its not like it is something collectible like a old 63 vette or a 66 cobra, is it going to grow in value? I mean who are you saving it for, your grand kids?
and if it wasn't for guys like me, those kick ass 63 vette and 66 cobra with less than 50,000 original miles in pristine condition wouldn't exist, now would they? Maybe someday my '08 550i will be a classic - hell most on here would already say the E60 in general is already a classic, no?
Old 09-25-2010, 08:52 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Navy 550I

Originally Posted by bha7176
and if it wasn't for guys like me, those kick ass 63 vette and 66 cobra with less than 50,000 original miles in pristine condition wouldn't exist, now would they? Maybe someday my '08 550i will be a classic - hell most on here would already say the E60 in general is already a classic, no?
Yes!!!!!! CLASSIC from birth!!!
Old 09-25-2010, 09:05 AM
Senior Members

Look, not sure about you guys (some probably are, most probably aren't) but I'm not independently wealthy nor could I afford to buy a new BMW every year. I've said it before and I'll say it again, this is the best car I've ever owned - possibly the best car I will ever own. I appreciate that. So I want to keep it clean and unused for as long as I can.
did you buy it new or used? if you bought it used, it doesn't really matter if you are independently wealthy because you bought this bmw, so you can buy more (used) presumably.

also the car market is funny, in 10 years it might be cheaper to buy a bmw that is 3 years old than it is to buy a 3 year old bmw now. and tastes change. maybe in 5 years you want to change courses with your car. i did and i was surprised i would ever be driving a sedan from a muscle car, but that's just how it goes.

actually, i wasn't ready to give in with my camaro. i had it for 7 years and it started giving me a huge thorn in the side of problems. it wasn't until i saw the good deal on the bmw i have now and the trade-in value they were willing to give me that i realized i could upgrade to a bmw, and unload my car for a great price without having to fix any of the problems or spend any of my own time selling it outright. it just made logical sense. in 5 years down the road you might find yourself in the same situation, so it's not really something you should harp on trying to preserve right now.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:22 AM
Senior Members

I know it is hard to see the car develop wear and tear. But when you look at the trade-in value of the car I realize it does not matter. I am just going to drive the crap out of my car. I love my BMW and I love driving it. Wear and tear will come regardless of how much you baby it. In the end, I would just enjoy driving it.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:35 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 545I and a half dozen other rides

I'm not rich, but I bought my E60 used and basically got my pick of what was available. Its my everyday beater, I'll take it to the beach and track sand into it, or go to the Home depot and buy small plants or potting soil with it. Do I take care of it? Yes, but I'm not over compulsive about it.

And thats OK, in a couple years when my E60 is worth 6k, I'll buy a later model for another 14-15k, that's if I still consider them a decent buy. Maybe you can save your E60 for me.
Old 09-25-2010, 01:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
I drive the hell out of mine. I've put more than 20k miles on it since buying it last year, lol.
too. I got mine in the spring of 2009 and have about 28;000 miles so far. I still look for anny excuse to take my 550 out on the rpad.
Old 09-26-2010, 07:09 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by tuffluck
did you buy it new or used? if you bought it used, it doesn't really matter if you are independently wealthy because you bought this bmw, so you can buy more (used) presumably.

also the car market is funny, in 10 years it might be cheaper to buy a bmw that is 3 years old than it is to buy a 3 year old bmw now. and tastes change. maybe in 5 years you want to change courses with your car. i did and i was surprised i would ever be driving a sedan from a muscle car, but that's just how it goes.

actually, i wasn't ready to give in with my camaro. i had it for 7 years and it started giving me a huge thorn in the side of problems. it wasn't until i saw the good deal on the bmw i have now and the trade-in value they were willing to give me that i realized i could upgrade to a bmw, and unload my car for a great price without having to fix any of the problems or spend any of my own time selling it outright. it just made logical sense. in 5 years down the road you might find yourself in the same situation, so it's not really something you should harp on trying to preserve right now.
really not to be argumentative (we've all been down that road on here lately), but just my view - your last paragraph above is exactly the reason I like to keep my car in the best shape possible. When / if i decide to sell or trade it in, i want it to be in the best condition possible for the highest value (there's always a high and a low number on value, right?). If i decide i want to keep it for the long haul and never get rid of it, i want it to last in the best condition possible for the longest time possible.

That's all I'm saying.
Old 09-26-2010, 07:11 AM
Contributors

I'm not rich, but I bought my E60 used and basically got my pick of what was available. Its my everyday beater, I'll take it to the beach and track sand into it, or go to the Home depot and buy small plants or potting soil with it. Do I take care of it? Yes, but I'm not over compulsive about it.

And thats OK, in a couple years when my E60 is worth 6k, I'll buy a later model for another 14-15k, that's if I still consider them a decent buy. Maybe you can save your E60 for me.

"Maybe you can save your E60 for me." -- Fair enough.
Old 09-26-2010, 08:16 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

Originally Posted by Diamond
dude your title relates nothing to your post.
It's great to that Diamond is back and not missing an opportunity to be a dick.

Quick Reply: Kinda boring around here lately