E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Keep getting harassed for plates

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 09:08 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by Cwest
Or try little suction cups to temporary mount it and dismount it till you get ticket and go to the police station and have them sign it off as being mounted. That is what I did before and paint the back side of the suction to black so it looks like screws.
I would still heavily push for the retractable plate though. It seems so much hassle to deal with the aftermath of it all if he has to pay a fine, stop by the station and get it signed off.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:50 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550i SA M-Sport Package

I zip tied mine to the bottom grill (m-tech bumper). I still rather have no plate so I'm getting the flip up plate from John so when I park i don't get tickets.

If everyone just "followed the law" no mater what it was this world would be a scary place. Some laws are silly and are designed to generate revenue. If tints were dangerous, it would, or should be dangerous everywhere, not banned in NYC but ok in NJ or whatever. Same for plates, over there it's fine, no front plate needed, over here you're a bad guy without one.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:02 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by mookish
I zip tied mine to the bottom grill (m-tech bumper). I still rather have no plate so I'm getting the flip up plate from John so when I park i don't get tickets.

If everyone just "followed the law" no mater what it was this world would be a scary place. Some laws are silly and are designed to generate revenue. If tints were dangerous, it would, or should be dangerous everywhere, not banned in NYC but ok in NJ or whatever. Same for plates, over there it's fine, no front plate needed, over here you're a bad guy without one.
Ding ding ding... winner!
Old 05-12-2011, 10:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Ding ding ding... winner!
How Charlie Sheen of you Simon!
Old 05-12-2011, 10:53 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 06' BMW 530xi

Originally Posted by e60oholic
I feel your pain, I'm 22 and I got harassed by my local amherst cops too. I got pulled over twice in a month for no front plate and tint. They make a big deal about the car being to nice for me and ask me what I do for work, I respectfully decline to answer seeing its none of their business. I had one cop tell me, I don't fucking care who you know, I don't care if your uncle is the chief, but the next time I see you and you don't have a front plate and ALL of your tint off I'm giving you a ticket for anything and everything I can (that was in my e60. I had the flip up front plate on my old stock bumper but as of last week I switched to the m5 front and i refuse to drill any holes. I was thinking about a custom euro plate with my NY plate numbers on it to really confuse them lol. I drove my old e39 around for a couple years with no tint and no front plate and never got bothered once! And this always happens within a mile from my house
I feel you bro I'm also 22 lol .. get 4 tickets at a time for tints multiple times :/ .. I had 35% basically see through I got pissed I took off the front tints ... then I got pulled over and got a ticket for the back tints since he couldn't find anything else on the car maybe he wanted to look at it .. I just took out the back ones last week now I'm driving fish bowl ima put 5% tints on now
Old 05-12-2011, 01:05 PM
Senior Members

Good point I had mine ziptied on my non-sport bumper, looks tacky and cheap to me so I bought the tow hook bracket sorry no pic but it looks cool
Old 05-12-2011, 01:25 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Isaiah_Charles
Good point I had mine ziptied on my non-sport bumper, looks tacky and cheap to me so I bought the tow hook bracket sorry no pic but it looks cool
It looks OEM on the msport bumper and you can't even see the ties. I don't like the how hook solution because it's off center and sticks out.
Old 05-12-2011, 01:35 PM
Senior Members

It looks OEM on the msport bumper and you can't even see the ties. I don't like the how hook solution because it's off center and sticks out.
See I like the off-center look
Old 05-12-2011, 01:55 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Isaiah_Charles
See I like the off-center look
But we all like the "no plate at all" look
Old 05-12-2011, 02:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i mystic blue

i got a tint ticket last week.52.00 really young douche bag cop. younger then me.. one cop a few months ago asked where my front plate was and i said right here on the floor. just like u i aint drilling no fuckn hole. havng a cdl lisnce and a spotless record saves me everytime. other then that havent been fuckd with to much, but cops definalty look over at me thinking if they should dick me around or not.I just roll the windows down crank some lonely island boombox and give them the turbo bass

Quick Reply: Keep getting harassed for plates