E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

This is just ridiculous - I can't pick a stinken color combo!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 02:34 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why sweat it - take a chance on the tan. So what if it shows stains - based on past experience, you'll be trading it in within a year anyway.

Seriously, black looks the best, but it's hot in the South. Unfortunately, the tan and grey are too light, and the auburn looks too orange.
Old 02-28-2006, 02:35 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 530i (Silver-Gray, Gray Lthr., Anthracite Maple) with Steptronic, Prem. Pkg., Logic 7, Xenons & Chrome factory wheels.

Owned one black car and promised myself that I would NEVER do that again! Also, have seen several BMWs with black leather and the driver's seat looks trashed (black worn off) after a couple of years.

With that in mind, selected Silver Gray with gray leather and anthracite trim on my MY05 530i. I find that the gray leather isn't that hard to keep clean. The gray floor mats, however, are a different matter. As always, YMMV.
Old 02-28-2006, 02:43 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550 SMG

If you weren't getting the ventilated seats, I would say Black with Auburn. IT DOES NOT LOOK TOO ORANGE. Everyone that has seen my interior has RAVED about it
Old 02-28-2006, 02:55 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Titanium Gray 550i, with sport, nav, HUD, Logic7, sat radio, cold weather, rear side airbags, rear seat heaters, and it goes like a bat outta hell!

"funny guys, but I already know to match the belt to the shoes! LOL"

Well, matching the belt to the shoes is easy.....white patent leather on white patent leather, right?? At least, I always thought that went best with my powder blue leisure suit....and don't laugh....leisure suits WILL come back!!

I agree about black interior....I was waffling on it before, but now I'm sold.......I like Ti-Gray on black......sweet combo....but you know...it's all about your preference......as long as you get something WE all like!!
Old 02-28-2006, 03:25 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Currently: (3/1/06) 2002 530i black on black prem, sport, cold, xenon.

Wassy we are doing this at same time! I was at dealer today (550i) checked out Monaco Blue with Black (never again), grey (frankly boring) and beige (loved it). For someone my age (40) the Auburn is OK, but a bit much for the wife. Besides, I'm getting NASCA leather so Auburn isn't an option. I too have 2 kids and while this is not their main car, they will be in it enough. If it gets dirty I will clean it, I do that enough now anyway. I decided on beige and won't look back. With the Blue its really wonderful. If I wanted something "cool" I'd do Auburn or Black. I have a Black on Black 530i now and never, ever again. That car can burn me to a crisp here in VA in summer and takes forever to cool down thx to that massive and powerful BMW AC unit (not). Go with Blue and Beige.
Old 02-28-2006, 05:19 PM
Contributors

This is just ridiculous - I can't pick a stinken color combo!-img_0050__large_.jpg
Originally Posted by wmbiii' post='247529' date='Feb 28 2006, 04:25 PM
Go with Blue and Beige.

As in Monaco Blue and Beige.
Old 02-28-2006, 05:26 PM
Contributors

OK boys and girls. Here it is.

took the wife to the dealer tonight. Perhaps it was because it was dusk, but the Monaco just didn't strike us the same in person as we've seen on the web. the tan is OK, but not great.

I am going to take the safe route, and go sapphire black on black (ventilated Nasca leather). had jet black before, showed too many fine scratches.

as for it being the south, well, I've owned probably close to 70 cars in the last 20 years. all varying in color. I don't think black is any more hot than any other color, quite frankly. If you park you car at the supermarket for 30 minutes in HOT, HUMID 85-90 degree weather, I don't care what color combo you have, the interior is a sweat box. Soooo, I am hoping the ventilated seats will help with that.

thanks for your help... ordering it tomorrow. supposedly 10th week build.
Old 02-28-2006, 05:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005.5 545i, Silver Grey, Dakota Black, Anthracite, Premium, Cold, Sport, L7, Nav, Fold Down Seats, Sunshades, Sirius. 2006 330i, Silver, Black, Natural Poplar, Sport, 6 speed, Cold, Premium 2002 330xi Black, Black, Premium, Cold, Premium Sound. (Sold) 1997 540i (sold) 1985 635i Euro (sold to family) 1985 535i (sold)

Two problems with the tan (beige) for me:

-Had it on my e 39 and it shows wear within one year, much less durable than the black for some reason. Yes black shows dust, but a quick wipe with a damp cloth and it looks fresh.

-On the E 60, tan seems to clash a bit with the black dashboard and other trim parts that are black, metal, wood, tan, whatever. At least on the E 39, the dash was a matching taupe so it looked much more coordinated to me than the current interior.

Relative to temperature, the outside of the car seems to impact the interior heat more than the inside. The canyon red/tan E39 was much hotter in summer than the silver grey/black, but some of that could be improved glass coatings.

Anyway, get what you think looks good unless you are concerned with resale 5 years away. If so, it is silver, gray or black and black...

Search this site about dark blue. like the canyon red I had, it shows every nick and hard to touch up.
Old 03-01-2006, 08:58 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i "Ben Hogan's 5 Iron" SilverGrey/Black Sport, L7, NAV, CW, AS, Split FR 2003 Audi A4 3.0 CVT "Part of the Moniker" Silver/Ebony, Prem, CW, Star 17s

Originally Posted by wassy' post='247562' date='Feb 28 2006, 10:26 PM
OK boys and girls. Here it is.

took the wife to the dealer tonight. Perhaps it was because it was dusk, but the Monaco just didn't strike us the same in person as we've seen on the web. the tan is OK, but not great.

I am going to take the safe route, and go sapphire black on black (ventilated Nasca leather). had jet black before, showed too many fine scratches.

as for it being the south, well, I've owned probably close to 70 cars in the last 20 years. all varying in color. I don't think black is any more hot than any other color, quite frankly. If you park you car at the supermarket for 30 minutes in HOT, HUMID 85-90 degree weather, I don't care what color combo you have, the interior is a sweat box. Soooo, I am hoping the ventilated seats will help with that.

thanks for your help... ordering it tomorrow. supposedly 10th week build.

Hey Wassy,

I told you so about MB.

You can set auto ventilation to help with the black interior. Aye.

Old 03-01-2006, 06:11 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 Sapphire Black on Black M5 - loaded sans soft close doors

Awe come on! You can't pick a color at night! That's not fair!

Go back in the daylight!

Quick Reply: This is just ridiculous - I can't pick a stinken color combo!