E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Just perfect... BMW logo peeling

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 09:49 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

suebmw, i'm speechless :'(. i really hope you win the case .
Old 03-16-2005, 09:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

How come theres all those swirl marks and stuff on the badge? It looks like its been abused with polish and cleaners like garehaan said...

My moms 13 year old logo didnt have that problem... it was finally replaced last month because it was starting to crack and didnt look nice.
Old 03-16-2005, 10:08 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i -6speed - Comfort Seats - Premium Package - Premium Sound Package - Cold Weather Package - Ventilated Seats - Xenon -HUD - PDC - Nav

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' date='Mar 17 2005, 02:58 AM
How come theres all those swirl marks and stuff on the badge? It looks like its been abused with polish and cleaners like garehaan said...

My moms 13 year old logo didnt have that problem... it was finally replaced last month because it was starting to crack and didnt look nice.
[snapback]102691[/snapback]
you know what ... you bring up a good point ... your moms 13 year old car will probably (out)last twice as long as the cars built today too. because back then, 13 years ago ... they didn't care about making the car as light as possible with all sorts of "hightech" materials - aluminum compounds that are a bitch to weld. ... they didn't think of developing a central computer. and paint sure was a hell lot better back then.
I HONESTLY do NOT want to even think about these cars 13 years down the road..... and yes, 13 years old for a car is pretty good. it does take a bit of care to keep a car running, more than just an oilchange every 15K miles. koodos on that ... especially if its a great condition
Old 03-16-2005, 11:42 PM
Members

Originally Posted by wiszmaster' date='Mar 17 2005, 09:08 AM
[quote name='EBMCS03' date='Mar 17 2005, 02:58 AM']How come theres all those swirl marks and stuff on the badge? It looks like its been abused with polish and cleaners like garehaan said...

you know what ... you bring up a good point ... your moms 13 year old car will probably (out)last twice as long as the cars built today too. because back then, 13 years ago ... they didn't care about making the car as light as possible with all sorts of "hightech" materials - aluminum compounds that are a bitch to weld. ... they didn't think of developing a central computer. and paint sure was a hell lot better back then.
I HONESTLY do NOT want to even think about these cars 13 years down the road..... and yes, 13 years old for a car is pretty good. it does take a bit of care to keep a car running, more than just an oilchange every 15K miles. koodos on that ... especially if its a great condition
[snapback]102699[/snapback]
[/quote]

Right you are. My '91 750iL is still the best car in the world. Its taken quite a beating, but in 14 years all ive replaced are the licence plates
Old 03-17-2005, 04:03 AM
Senior Members

SueBMW, I'm having problems with your credibility.

And those swirl marks? Haha... guess that's what happens if you polish your car with emery paper.
Old 03-17-2005, 04:04 AM
Contributors

Location: Proud citizen of THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA and MORGANTOWN, W.V.
My Ride: '05 530i, Premium, Steptronic, Logic7, Silver grey-black leather. Build date 12/7/04.

Originally Posted by wiszmaster' date='Mar 16 2005, 10:47 PM
BM? .. whats that stand for? .... seriously .. i can't think of it.
[snapback]102570[/snapback]
Bowel Movement
Old 03-17-2005, 04:17 AM
Contributors

Location: Proud citizen of THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA and MORGANTOWN, W.V.
My Ride: '05 530i, Premium, Steptronic, Logic7, Silver grey-black leather. Build date 12/7/04.

Originally Posted by wiszmaster' date='Mar 17 2005, 02:08 AM
[quote name='EBMCS03' date='Mar 17 2005, 02:58 AM']How come theres all those swirl marks and stuff on the badge? It looks like its been abused with polish and cleaners like garehaan said...

[snapback]102699[/snapback]

[/quote] And you, too, bring up an interesting thought. How in the world do the second, third, possibly fourth owners of Model Year 2005 and forward cars purchace with any piece of mind regarding long term reliability? Aside from the ludicrously long maintenence schedules(lifetime fill on trans/diff fluids and 15,000 mile oil changes, etc.)that will surely accelerate wear on critical parts, there are the miriad electronics to worry about. Imagine, 6,7,8 or more years down the road when these issues surface. Imagine that cost! Classic Bimmers? Maybe a thing of the past.
Old 03-17-2005, 05:44 AM
Members

I have noticed the BMW logos have become cheaper and cheaper in quality. Had to replace all 7 BMW logos on my sis Z3 as they started to peel. Never had to do that on any other make. <_<
Old 03-17-2005, 11:45 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530i, Silver Grey, Black Dakota, Steptronic, Premium, PDC, Logic7

Someone probably slammed your hood shut pressing on the emblem. I use both hands and press over the two latch mechanisms.
Old 03-17-2005, 12:43 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

BM... Means in the rear view mirror it is an MB...

Quick Reply: Just perfect... BMW logo peeling